THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring Empty MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring

Post  Ginginho Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:50 am

Welcome to the Armbar Mixed Martial Arts Predictions League (AMMAPL).

The AMMAPL will involve picking the correct results of selected MMA events around the world. I will keep a record of each participants scores over a period of time and post updated league tables after each round. The fights will be taken directly from Bens calendar and will include all major events as listed there as well as other fights of interest.

I will post the fights for each round as early as possible before they happen and your entries must be posted before midnight of the day before the first fight of each round.

Scoring is as follows:
    10 points for picking the correct winner
    5 points for the method of victory
    5 points for the round the fight ended or if a decision, what type of decision
    20 bonus points for picking a draw or no contest
    The method and round points will count whether you pick the winner or not.

There are only 3 methods of victory.
    Stoppage - by referee, KO, TKO, doctors
    Submission - by fighter, tap out including by strikes, verbal, injury forcing fighter to quit, choked out
    Decision - by judge, after fight finishes all rounds

If you predict a stoppage or submission, you must also predict the round the fight ends.
    If you predict a decision, you must predict type of decision as below:
    Unanimous - all judges for one fighter
    Split - 2 judges vs 1 judge
    Majority - 2 judges vs 1 draw
    Draw - any type of draw or no contest, including majority draw, bonus points for this choice as above

For UFC events, there will also be 10 points for getting each of the correct KO of the Night, Sub of the Night, and Fight of the Night.

Any questions, ideas, clarifications needed? Let me know as soon as possible and I will sort it out. I would like to get the first entry up soon.

Cheers fellas

Last edited by Ginginho on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:16 am; edited 3 times in total
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring

Post  efils_god Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:09 am

seems good to me!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring Empty Re: MMA Predictions League - Rules and Scoring

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Really good mate, I'm excited about getting involved, but just to be sure, if I was to predict (hypothetically) the following:

Fedor def Roger by stoppage (TKO) in the 2nd

and the actual result was:

Fedor def Rogers by stoppage (KO) in the 2nd

Does that mean I WOULDN'T get points for method because I'd predicted the wrong type of stoppage?

Cheers
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:45 pm

You would receive the points because you predicted stoppage - only the 3 methods are used for scoring to keep it simple. You can elaborate in your predictions but it will be scored under which of the 3 categories it fits into.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm

looks good to me, can i just suggest though that if a fighter gets choked out (or his arm breaks from an armbar or something like that) i.e. technical submissions, be counted as a submission.

for example if maia choked manhoef out, to get the points i would have to have predicted a KO for Maia?
    which is probably the only thing i disagree with so good job.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Chesty, I have tried to make the emphasis of the method down to who decides the end of the fight. If Manhoef tapped, as per your example, then he gave up so would count as a submission. If he didn't tap and allowed himself to go unconscious, then the referee would stop the fight meaning a stoppage as the losing fighter didn't submit as such.

Most people being choked would tap which means the majority of the time, calling it as a submission would be the most likely result.

So I will keep it the same unless everyone else agrees with you.....

Cheers
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 pm

I think a fight stopped due to submission is still a submission, even if the fighter doesn't tap out.

So i would say have the three factors as:

Stoppage due to strikes - KO or TKO
    Stoppage due to submission attempt - tap out, sleepy time, severed limb
    Decision - GSP fight.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:17 am

Choked out cold changed as requested
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 am

Now known as the Leben technique! Haha!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 pm