THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Once Mohawked Pete
mikeyboybisping
manschesthair_utd
the_king
Ginginho
9 posters

The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read

Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read Empty The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read

Post  Ginginho Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:52 am

Welcome back to the Armbars MMA Predictions League for those who played last time and kia ora to the new entrants. To register for the competition, simply enter your picks for Round 1. You can start any time but obviously the more rounds you play the more likely you are to be successful.

Those who played last year will be familiar with the rules but I have put them below for those who are new to the game.

Rounds featuring one or more events will be posted and you will be asked to pick the winner, method of victory and which round the fight ended or in the case of a decision, what type of decision.

You get points for the following:

10 points for picking the winner
    5 points for picking the method
    5 points for picking the round/decision type
    50 points for picking a draw or a majority decision

You only get points for method and round/decision if you pick the winner correctly.

To keep it simple, you are limited to the choice of method and round/decision type.

The methods are:
    stoppage (referee, doctor, KO, TKO, DQ)
    submission (fighter taps whether by submission or by strikes, choked out cold)
    decision (any fight that goes to the judges)

The rounds are self explanatory. If you choose decision for the method, then you must choose what type of decision instead of choosing a round the fight ends.

The decision types are:
    UD unanimous decision, all judges for one fighter
    SD split decision, 2 judges for one fighter, 1 judge for the other
    MD majority decision, 2 judges score for one fighter, 1 judge scores a draw.

MD was the least common method for a fight to end last year so I have made this a 50 pointer, the same as a draw, if picked correctly.

Main events and title matches will be worth double points and will be listed in the rounds draw in red. In addition, you also nominate one fight as your trump fight, which is also worth double points.

You may NOT use your trump on a fight already worth double points.

If a trump fight is not nominated, one will be chosen at random for you before the events start.

For UFC events, you will also be asked to predict the fight of the night, submission of the night and KO of the night. Each of these will be worth 10 points if predicted correctly.

Your predictions should be posted on the prediction thread anytime before the first fight begins at any given event. If a round covers two events a week apart, you can post your entry for each event separately, as long as it is posted before the first fight of that event.

In addition to the League, I am going to trial the belt system. The rounds will be broken down into the following classifications, all represented by a belt - UFC, Strikeforce, Japanese, Others.

Every event, not round, we predict this year will have the belt that the event falls under up for grabs. Obviously the UFC belt will be the most prolific and the Japanese one may not even be up for grabs Sad . If 2 or more events of the same class are in the same round then the belt is contended over the total of ALL the events that round.

The first round of the Predictions League will have 2 or 3 belts up for grabs - Strikeforce, UFC and possibly Others. The highest points scorer for each of those separate events will automatically become the belt holder. The 2 next highest scorers become the contenders.

In the next event, the belt holder competes with the 2 contenders in a 3 way battle to become belt holder. The winner of that battle then faces the 2 top highest scorers in that event in the NEXT event. And so on and so on.

There could be a big prize for anyone who can hold all 4 at once.

This is just a trial and may become a bit too much for me to handle but it is something that players out of League contention can still have a bit of fun with so hope it is a success.

The Cups will also come into contention as well. And don't forget your avatar and user names bets Twisted Evil

To keep it all official, each round post will list the belts up for grabs and the players who are up for them. I will also add any av/name bets if you want.

I think that is about it - probably forgotten something obvious. Round 1 will be up in a few days.

Have fun!!

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read Empty Re: The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read

Post  the_king Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:30 pm

when does it start ging? new rules sound good.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read Empty Re: The Armbar MMA Predictions League 2011 -- Rules and shit - please read

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:45 pm

we should start off having the champs as the guys who got the highest scores in the last card of 2010 for each promotion.

...making me the inaugaral, and with the way things are looking~ maybe the final Armbar DREAM champ! cheers
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:24 pm

Last year's top four should start as the champs...

Moose Stuff For Money... - UFC
    manschesthair_utd - DREAM
    efils_god - STRIKEFORCE
    payneNglory1 - OTHERS
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Liking the sound of it so far mate. Look forward to being a 'journeyman'.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Sounds good, i need to improve on my record being a tomato can from last year.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:08 pm

We posting predictions for tonights fights?
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Nope, Strikeforce Diaz v Cyborg is the first event.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:37 am

Im in, i cant wait to become champion, this year is my year !!!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am

redmeanie77 wrote:Im in, i cant wait to become champion, this year is my year !!!

Nice to have you back!!! With your old name too cheers

With all the name changes due to bets, for league purposes, you name will be the one you originally started with. I can't be arsed changing it around every month Smile
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 am

redmeanie77 wrote:Im in, i cant wait to become champion, this year is my year !!!
    You'll have to wait 'The Moose Era' has only just begun. Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:46 am

" I can't be arsed changing it around every month "

Whats that supposed to mean? lol!

"You'll have to wait 'The Moose Era' has only just begun"

Hope it goes the same way as the "Machida era" Razz
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:51 am

That's the plan, even if my predictions are off this year a dodgy judges call by Ginginho will ensure I retain my title. Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon May 30, 2011 5:21 pm

[quote="redmeanie77"]Im in, i cant wait to become champion, this year is my year !!![/quote]

cheers cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:21 am