THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
Once Mohawked Pete
7 posters

MMA predictions league

Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA predictions league Empty MMA predictions league

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:52 pm

Firstly a big thank you to Ginginho who has put a load of work into this thing, I'm sure that everyone will agree that it has been a blast.

I know that there have been one or two posts about the continuation of this, just thought I'd try and get some idea of who's up for helping in it's continuation.

Red made an excellent suggestion in an earlier post, that a few of us take turns at it. Just thought I'd find out how many are interested.

How about we each take a round each? About 15-20 fights? I believe that Ginginho is going to email the data for scoring and current league positions etc, this could easily be passed from person to person, or someone could be responsible for its upkeep (I have no problems with this myself, if the former is not viable). Anyone have any further suggestions?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

MMA predictions league Empty Re: MMA predictions league

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Count me in.

Just had a look at the calender, and the next round should be UFC 113/Strikeforce in May.

So still a few weeks left...
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:10 pm

I would be willing to help out if I can.

Time is a bit of a problem for me but I'm sure I can get around that.

The problem for me is I'm slightly computer illiterate and don't even know how to make a table,never mind use any kind of programs,shit before I came on here,all I used a computer for was to play poker,check how forest were doing and watch the odd you tube vids.Embarassed

So I'd be willing to do a rd but it would just be printed up with no table .
    It would be loads better if someone can step up and run this but like I say if no one does I'm happy to help if I can.

Also Thanks again Ginginho,you've been doing a great job running this and I really appreciate it,really sorry to hear things aren't going great for you at the mo but again really appreciate the great job you did,Nice 1 mate.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:37 pm

That reminds me, if there are a few people here who play poker, maybe we could organise a time we all could play against each other online.

Before MMA events on saturday night would be best i think. I get so bored waiting for events sometimes i just fall asleep Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Ill be happy to help a few months down the road from here after I get all my exams finished with.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:29 pm

I'd be up for a game of Poker.

what site do you play on?
    I play on Full Tilt but my account has been temporarily suspended but can still use the wifes in the meantime.
    Shitty US laws about online gambling.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:06 am

Right guys.

Ginginho has sent me a copy of the spreasheet, if any one wants a copy let me know. Everyone cool for me to do the next round? Covers UFC113 and Strikeforce Heavy Artillery. If no objections, I'll get that posted over the next couple of days, gives folk a little time to get their picks in.

As I said earlier, not sure how folk want to play the upkeep of the spreadsheet? I'm cool with keeping it updated, or, whoever's doing that round, can do the updates, I'm easy, just let me know what you guys think.

Cheers
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:22 am

Hey, i've been away for a while, but just to say i'd be up for lending a hand and doing a round if that helps this keep going.

Thanks again to Ginginho for setting it up and the sterling work keeping it going!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:42 pm

im the same as Chelsea i will definetely help when i get my exams done will have lots of free time during the summer
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:34 am

I can't do it just now due to work commitments, I've barely been able to read what's on here lately as it is, maybe in a month or two.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 am