THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Shanemc
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
7 posters

Fighters give Wanderlei their support.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Fighters give Wanderlei their support. Empty Fighters give Wanderlei their support.

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:48 pm

And here he is training at the Affliction facility,

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fighters give Wanderlei their support. Empty Re: Fighters give Wanderlei their support.

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:56 am

Thanks for sharing, I definitley 1 million per cent want Wandy to win and get back to his best, what a legend.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Fighters give Wanderlei their support. Empty Re: Fighters give Wanderlei their support.

Post  Shanemc Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:01 pm

i will break down to tears if wand loses to bisping
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 pm

'I hope one day you choke someone, and put that guy to sleepie!'

PLEASE BE BISPING
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 pm

hate to say it but 110 could top 92 in terms of heartbreak!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:27 pm

Yeh something tells me that the 3 pride fighters will either all win(and show everyone they still got it) or will all lose (and people would be calling for them to retire, mainly Crocop and Wandi) next month in Ausrtralia.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Nog to tap Cain, Wandy to KO Bisping... Ill Stick my neck on the line and say Crocop will UD Rothwell... Any they call me a Pride fanboy! Laughing

I though Ben Rothwell would win but thinking about it, even if Crocop puts on the same performance he did against JDS or Al Turk it should be enough to beat Rothwell.

Im sure everyone thinks Nog will losses, but Nog is the new Couture of the Hw devision, he will forever seem the underdog agaisnt bigger younger guys
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:43 pm

Don't think so lads.

Al-Turk isn't fighting on this card so no need to worry Laughing

But in all seriousness, I can't see it. Wandy vs Bisping, Wandy is a much better striker, he has quicker hands and more power plus more versitile with his boxing. Bisping is not going to KO him is he? Wandy was KOed by Rampage, Hendo and Cro Cop, three of the harderst hitters ever. Liddell and Franklin couldn't finish him and I think there a tad better in terms of striking. On the ground, Wandy is a black belt in BJJ. Don't know how legit it is but he is better than Bisping. Easy win for Wandy.

Cro Cop should kick the shit out of Rothwell, Cro Cop is going to show he isn't completely done, and last time was an off night against a hungrier, bigger, younger and stronger opponent. Rothwell sucks, hope to have another HR KO.

Nog is the most likely to lose because I think Velasquez is the real deal, his wrestling is excellent. With that being said, Velasquez is not finishing Nog unless its an injury and Nog always has the chance to catch him on the ground. I have no idea who to pick in this fight really, two of my favourite fighters. Velasquez is a huge prospect and Nog is an all time legend, if he loses its not a case of him being finished, its just a case of him losing to a huge prospect. Its 50-50 in my eyes.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Whoever said Cain should sue Evans, tactics had it spot on, if he rattles off combos scores a TD and stands back up he should be able to score the win... but if your are grappling with Nog full stop theres always the risk he latches on to a limb or your neck and 9/10 times its game over. Cain is young and unlike Couture who showed inhuman toughness survivng Nogs subbs I think Cain could show how green he is. Really good fight, I love that JDS is Loyal to Nog and I think whoever beats Nog will have JDS coming after him.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:23 pm

Thats going to be really hard for Velasquez as well because Nog is probably one of the best fighters on his back as well, chances are he will get caught. If Velasquez doesn't get a shot after beating Nog (which he won't because Lesner will be back) then JDS will be right on his back. Good respect shown by Dos Santos to let have a final go.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:29 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Whoever said Cain should sue Evans, tactics had it spot on, if he rattles off combos scores a TD and stands back up he should be able to score the win... but if your are grappling with Nog full stop theres always the risk he latches on to a limb or your neck and 9/10 times its game over. Cain is young and unlike Couture who showed inhuman toughness survivng Nogs subbs I think Cain could show how green he is. Really good fight, I love that JDS is Loyal to Nog and I think whoever beats Nog will have JDS coming after him.

cheers king
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:55 am

I've got Cain by UD, CroCop by TKO in the 2nd or early in the 3rd and Wandi by homicide in the second. Only because Bisping will run for the first 5 minutes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 pm