THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
redmeanie77
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:04 pm

Was great thanks mate, and yourself? Yeah you make a good point I dont see Dana forcing Kimbo into unwinnable fights, like you say if UFC arent making millions off him someone else will be,

Albion_Oakley id agree there, a few easy fights if he manages not to get KO'd with a Jab expect Dana White to start saying Kimbo is too "Street" for Fedor and Fedor is scared to come to the UFC and fight him! Laughing

Question is what easy fights are there in the UFC for him?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:40 pm

Thats a conundrum isnt it, there are not many easy fights for him in the UFC.

If i was Dana or Joe Silva i would put him against a big LHW at 215 catchweight fight against a lowly ranked opponent in UFC.

Someone like Soszynski or Bonnar will do, And guess what Sosynski is fighting Bonnar at 110 Very Happy (makes sense i think)
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:09 pm

redmeanie77 wrote:Thats a conundrum isnt it, there are not many easy fights for him in the UFC.

If i was Dana or Joe Silva i would put him against a big LHW at 215 catchweight fight against a lowly ranked opponent in UFC.

Someone like Soszynski or Bonnar will do, And guess what Sosynski is fighting Bonnar at 110 Very Happy (makes sense i think)

Soszynski or Bonnar winner you think? That makes a lot of sence, I know they wouldnt throw him in with the looser it would be too obvious they were protecting him. Maby Matt Hamill, I think him and Soszynski and Bonnar are all evenly enough matched. All 3 would beat Kimbo I think.

They couldnt look any lower, because he needs a slight step up after Houston. I wonder if theres any small heavys? Maby If Crocop scrapes past Rothwell and doesnt really impress that could be another option?

My Ideal end to this Situation is Kimbo getting a LHK by Mirko, Mirko Holding the Kick in the air like something from the Matrix and anounce he is cutting to 205lbs!
    Laughing
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:19 pm

"What Nog couldnt make 225... he spent most of his career at 220lbs or so, I think he weighted 225-230 for the Couture fight. Nog could make 225 for sure. Why Couldnt Cain cut 10-15lbs, he is a wrestler! they tend to be good at cutting weight. Its not like his 235ish weight is after him cutting because he doesnt need to."

I should have made my point more clear, they can make that weight but they won't be as strong going into there fights. Nog was about 235 for the Randy fight who was only like 220. Velasquez is like 240, he can make it but he will lose a lot of his strength.

Kimbo is still unproven as a PPV draw, all his matches on EliteXCrap were on free TV. So was TUF 10, is he really a PPV draw? I don't mind him so much, I don't dislike him as much as Ben because he seems like a nice guy willing to learn, I just see him as a below average fighter, not quite a bum or can but not even at the level of guys like Petrezilli and James Irvin. I think Bonnar would hammer him but that could be a fun fight and im sure they would highlight Bonnars fight with Griffin in the lead up to the fight. Bonnar will beat Sozynski.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:40 am