THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
redmeanie77
ChelseaQuinsfan
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!! Empty Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:07 am

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Slice-on-Alexander-Fight-amp-Whats-Next-21670

What a prick! Scared to fight James McSweeney. Made Roy Nelsons Bitch and now he wants his own weight class!! Kimbo says he cant make 205... so youd guess he will be a smallish heavy right? No! Kimbo feels that he should have his own 215lbs weight class!

What a fucking Joker! This guy is an absolute Bum, he says "I'll bang with anyone at 215" and "come to 215 and we will talk" Laughing What about wind your neck in, you dont get your own weight class of the back of a victory over Houston Alexander!!

Kimbo is officially my most hated guy in any sport full stop. I cant wait to see this clown knocked out with a jab again.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!! Empty Re: Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Haha what a joke. If anyone deserves there own weight class its RICH FRANKLIN.

I don't mind Kimbo too much TBH, he wasn't scared of McSweeney (I would gladly fight McSweeney to be fair) he did have artherites. Kimbo is just a below average fighter in my opinion, Petrezelli is an average fighter and Kimbo is the level down. At his age, he never ever is going to fight for a title, so he should look for money fights. I think Griffin vs Kimbo would be an awful fight for Kimbo because of his bad knee and Griffin's le kicks but something like Liddell vs Kimbo or Ortiz would be a fun little scrap and beating. Both Liddell and Ortiz can make 215.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!! Empty Re: Kimbo Slice wants his own weight class!!!

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:00 pm

To be fair, i would like to see a Cruiserweight division also.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:34 pm

The guy is making a slight mockery of the UFC, I think dana should just get rid as Ben said he is a bum, no one gives a shit about him!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:44 pm

The sad thing is, that everytime Kimbo does something that endears himself to folk, he follows it with crap like this. Didn't like the guy before TUF, yet, on the show, he came across as being quite humble and willing to learn. Then this shite! Even if there were a 215 weight class, Kimbo wouldn't make top 10.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:33 pm

who the fuck does kimbo think he is, i mean beating by a jab from 205.5 seth petruzelli and then beatin by roy nelson at heavy, maybe he is scared, rudeboyben if you reading this you can remember me (fantasticlongbenton from 606) saying kimbo would do this.

i said about a year ago if kimbo got into the ufc he would try his hand at easy fights, even if it meant his own weight class.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:38 pm

Yes the_king I remember you saying it. good call!! He isnt too small to fight at Hw, he was 260lbs at one point I hear! He is Bigger than Crocop, Pat Barry etc..

I want Cruiserweight, If Kimbo is the man they make it for It will be disapointing but I think its a good thing for MMA why 215lbs though?

155 - 170 = 15lbs
    170 - 185 = 15lbs
    185 - 205 = 20lbs
    205 - 225 = 20lbs
    225 - 265 = 40lbs

I think 225lbs makes more sence for Cruiserweight There are a load of fighters than might be more happy at 225lbs. Id like to see Pat Barry meet kimbo at a catchweight, If Kimbo is scared of McSweeny Id love to see what Barry would do to him.

I wonder what figher they will cherry pick for him next? Its hard to Imagine. He says he is ready to fight from as early as 6 weeks time, I hope they dont give him a huge lay off like they seem to do with their big name fighters.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:43 pm

rudeboyben i dont mean to be rude but he cannot just come into a well established organisation and demand stuff he either makes heavy or light heavy, give him cro cop or maybe a griffen.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:52 pm

I totally agree, making a Cw devision for Kimbo is rediculous... the man is a bum, a C class figher and that being generous. He wouldnt have made it on the cage rage Hw Scene. Neil Grove, James McSweeny, Buzz Berry etc.. they would have all KO'd him. He has no right to think UFC will keep giving him 215lbs fights. If he cant make 205 he should be a heavy, end of. But UFC will wrap him in cotton wool as much as possible. EliteXc told Seth P. that he had to stand with him to keep their biggest money making fighter winning and UFC look just as bad if they make a new devision for him.

Ive wanted to see a Cw devision for a while though, I felt guys like Crocop would really benefit from it the fact there can be 60lbs between Hw fighters is just too much for me.

I dont want a 195lbs devision for fighters like Rich Franklin and Wanderlei etc.. but I have always wanted a 225lbs devision for the smaller heavies. What you think King? You want Cruiserweight?
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:01 pm

I don't think that many would be opposed to a CW division Ben. As you say, the likes of CroCop certainly would have benefited. To do so for the likes of Kimbo though, doesn't add any credibility to UFC does it? 225lbs would be an ideal limit.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 pm

rudeboyben the answer is no, the reason is this

1. you come into the ufc you accept their rules.

2. legends have been made/lost in these divisions

3. would anyone apart from people who have competed in a in between division complain YES
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:21 pm

I wouldn't want it tbh, that could be a really stacked division but it just takes away from the HW and LHW divisions.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Oh and Cro Cop has never really struggled because of size, he has strugled because he is one dimensional. Cro Cop isn't that much smaller than Fedor and is probably bigger than Randy. The fights he has lost have been against smaller HWs and has beaten plenty of bigger fighters.

The top 5 HWs of all time are pretty small.

1)Fedor
    2)Nog
    3)Cro Cop
    4)Randy
    5)Coleman

Coleman used to be a lot bigger but the other 4 are quite small, Fedor and Cro Cop could have easily made LHW and Nog is only like 230-235. Bigger than the others but still a lot smaller than Mir, Lesner, Carwin, Velasquez, Rogers, Lashley, Werdum, Gonzaga and a few more.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 pm

I'd like to see a Cruiserweight division introduced.

If Kimbo wants it so badly I'd offer him first shot at the title, against Cro Cop. Surely Mirko can still kick the bums head off?
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:53 pm

why surely sould anyone claim a new division? give me a reason?

this isnt boxing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I dont see why not, MMA is changing and the more goof athletes in the sport the more room for new weight classes. Its not like a new Cw devision would leave the Hw or Lhw devisions empty.

Shoto do it, Hw is up to 220lbs and the your a superheavy. In the UK and Japan there isnt an upper weight limit on the Hw devision... so there isnt 1 set of rules to follow on weight classes they arent set is stone yet across the sport.

UFC when it evolved a bit, did 2 weight classes 200lbs and above = heavy, below 200lbs = middlewieght. And recently the athletic comission were talking about making loads of new weight classes, one in between each, Lightwelterweight, Light Middlewight, Supermiddleweight and Cruiserweight.

So UFC hasnt set their rules in stone yet, only recently they made the cage a bit smaller and if they have half a bit of sence they will change it to something like dreams white cage to see MMA evolve further.

Dont get me wrong, im not in favor of making these Super and Light weight classes I just think UFC has the room for a Cw devision, Jon Jones, Crocop, Nog, Couture, Forrest Griffin, Kimbo, Coleman, Pat Barry etc.. theres guys out there who would all be on board of the Idea of a devision so they could find a more comfortable weight to compete at! Maby Brandon Vera would be able to eat food again! Laughing

Lhw wouldnt be left deviod of tallent without Forrest and Couture and Hw wouldnt totally miss Crocop or Nog if Carwin, Cain, JDS etc live up to the hype they have Brock, Mir maby Yvel will impress? guys like Kongo and Herring may bounce back Buentello and Struve etc.. Who knows, Theres room in UFC for a 1 new weight class
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:54 pm

So it would be 205-220? Thats fair enough I suppose.

It won't affect the HW division too much but it could affect the LHW. Shogun, Machida, Lil Nog, Evans, Rampage, Tito, Liddell, Griffin and then guys like Bader, Jones, Bonner, Jardine, Randy and a lot more, possibly the entire LHW division could fight at 220. All those save Evans, Shogun and Machida are huge LHWs with Bonner, Bader, Tito and Jones in particular. Bonner is huge but he says he wants to move down to MW! How the hell is he going to manage that?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:03 am

I think a 225lbs Devision doesnt leave any devision look at it this way, Say the devisions went like this..

Hw 265lbs
    Mir
    Lensar
    Carwin
    Gonzaga
    Kongo
    Duffee
    Yvel
    Herring
    Struve
    Russow
    Buentello
    Hardonk
    Nelson
    Tuchscherer

Cw 225lbs
    Nog
    Crocop
    Couture
    Valesquez
    Bader
    Kimbo
    Forrest
    Tito
    Liddell
    Jon Jones
    Pat Barry
    Coleman
    Vera

Lhw 205lbs
    Machida
    Shogun
    Evans
    Lil Nog
    Rampage
    Franklin
    Thiago Silva
    Matyushenko
    Keith Jardine
    Luiz Cane
    Matt Hamill
    Schafer
    Soszynski
    Brian Stann
    Eliot Marshall

Thats 3 stacked enough devisions, With less between each devision it wouldnt be hard for say Rampage to become a Cw or Cain to be a Heavy again even if he was cutting 10lbs or so.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm

Velasquez and Nog can't make 225, not without keeping that much muscle.

In the LHW division everyone down from Hammil is average.

In the HW division there are a lot of average fighters and JDS isn't in any division!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am

What Nog couldnt make 225... he spent most of his career at 220lbs or so, I think he weighted 225-230 for the Couture fight. Nog could make 225 for sure. Why Couldnt Cain cut 10-15lbs, he is a wrestler! they tend to be good at cutting weight. Its not like his 235ish weight is after him cutting because he doesnt need to. A 10lbs weight cut to make any devision is normal. granted he would be one of the biggest guys in the devision but its not a big cut by any means.

Lhw doesnt look the most stacked but theres always new guys coming and going and all those guys at Cruiser dont have to be there, I was just showing there is enough room for a new devision with 10-15 top competitors in each (as well as plenty of lower ranked guys)
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Perhaps people should listen to what Kimbo said before throwing the toys out of the pram.

And Kimbo is a bigger draw than ANYONE in ALL of MMA that's not named Lesnar or Liddell so he can make demands because he brings in the money. And Dana knows that if he lets him go then some upstart company, like Shine or Bellator, will sign him up and make millions off him.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:57 pm

I dont think they will create a new 215 division anytime soon, but i do see them giving Kimbo 1 or 2 more catchweight fights and depending how he does in them against tougher opponents, they could just put him HW fights against some of the lower ranked fighters.

He walks around at 235 i think, and he is pretty ripped aswell so i dont think he could or should go 205 division.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Anfield thats Dana White choice here, will he keep the sport Ligit or will he start wrapping fighters in cotton wool so that he can make more money from him. I dont know what makes Kimbo such a big draw, but he is.

So do you think Dana is going to go down the EliteXC road and do anything in his power to let Kimbo win?

Kimbo is a flash in the pan success story anyway, its not like people will still be so interested in him if he looses 5 times back to back. His hype will be dead once he has more losses than wins on his record, and how long that is depends on how much Dana can protect him against all those fighers gunning for him.

I want a CW devision in MMA, I think the sport needs one and if a 225lbs devision is put in place to protect Kimbo or give him every advantage possible so be it. I dont care. It wont change how I feel about Kimbo. Id be glad of the new devision... Im not sure how long away it is but I think we will see a CW devision one day.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:28 pm

Will Dana continue to protect fighters?

Of course. two words.

MICHAEL

BISPING

How was your Christmas Ben?
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Albion_Oakley Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I think Kimbos record will be padded with 4 or five easy wins, then he will be fed to one of the bigger draws the company has. Kimbo vs chuck or vs lesnar would do huge money.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 am