THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Moose Stuff For Money...
rudeboyben84
the_king
7 posters

kimbo slice

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

kimbo slice Empty kimbo slice

Post  the_king Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:09 pm

iv been over on other mma forums today and there talking kimbo vs james toney or kimbo vs tyson. they have links to youtube vids of tyson meeting kimbo. what you guys think of these rumours any weight behind them.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

kimbo slice Empty Re: kimbo slice

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 pm

Toney said he wanted to welcome Kimbo to Boxing! He called out Kimbo and Danny Green, he said it would be like taking candy from a baby and rightly so.

Tyson is well and truely retired theres 0 chance of seeing him fight again.

Toney will probabally get a bigger fight than Kimbo though, he would be an Ideal opponent for Haye for example, he is a step up from Ruiz or Fraudley.

I wouldnt mind seeing Toney batter Kimbo though... Kimbo knew better than to stand with Mercer who is WAY past his best and on a much lower level than Toney, Kimbo will duck him for sure.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:54 pm

Kimbo doesn't deserve to be in a boxing ring with Toney, having said that I wouldn't mind seeing Toney batter him.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 pm

i know he won via sub but he was taking the fight to Mercer in the beginning.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 pm

Kimbo has no fear and for despite the Petruzelli fight, his chin isn't all that bad. He'll go toe-to-toe with anyone.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 pm

Kimbo wants to fight Toney...

Leading up to UFC 118, James Toney told anyone who wanted to listen that he asked to fight Kimbo Slice (after his first request of facing Brock Lesnar was turned down) in his Octagon debut. Unfortunately for him, the organization had different plans and matched the boxing champion against Randy Couture.

You all know how that turned out for "Lights Out."

But when Slice stopped by Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, he said he had never been offered a fight against Toney, but was certainly open to the idea.

"I never heard anything about me fighting James Toney, but you know, like I said, again, I'll fight anybody, man. C'mon, everybody knows that about me from my street-fighting days. Put anybody in front of me, train me to be the best, I'll fight the best. That's one thing about Kimbo Slice that everybody knows."

Slice has teamed up with his old MMA promoters, Gary and Jared Shaw, to try his hand at boxing. Jared Shaw recently told MMA Fighting that he hopes to see Slice make his "Sweet Science" debut later this year.

As for Toney's MMA debut, Slice said he was surprised at how poorly Toney performed against Couture.

"Yeah, kinda. I was [surprised]. I would have sprawled out," Slice said while chuckling.

Despite his lackluster MMA debut, Toney still believes he can be a force in the UFC, and there's no question that he would take an opportunity to fight the man he calls "Simba" Slice.

Oh, and if you are wondering if that nickname bothers Slice, it doesn't.

"No, it don't bother me, man. That sh-- don't bother me. I'm a grown man.

"That's how they do it. That's part of the game. They can talk sh-- all they want to, but when we face-to-face, they ain't going to do that. I'm not a sh---talker. Never have been, never will be."
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/01/kimbo-slice-open-to-fighting-james-toney-not-impressed-with-his/
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I havent laughed like i did when i read that in quite a while, thanks for that Kimbo.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:59 pm

this would be a boxing match right as kimbo has signed a deal to start to box professionally toney would absolutely murder him in one round i doubt any commision would let this fight go ahead. I actually think kimbo would beat toney in an mma fight all he has to do is not stand with toney and go for a takedown im nearly sure he would get it and pound on him for 3 rounds

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:24 pm