THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Couture signs new contract

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Couture signs new contract Empty Couture signs new contract

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:30 am

Randy has signed a new contract with UFC. Its for 6 more fights or 28 months.

So he will be 48 when he is done with UFC and im 99% sure will be done fighting from what ive heard. What would people like to see him do with the rest of his career? Apparently Liddell has been on the Phone to Dana put that doesnt sound Likelly, White doesnt want Liddell fighting again and doesnt sound keen on Randy vs Chuck 4!

I dont expect him to fully commit to one devision or the other but this is what id like to see him do

He is after big name fights id assume and interesting ones so there isnt a better one for his Legacy IMO than Crocop. If Crocop beats Dos Santos I dont imagine he would get the Title shot, Id wouldnt work time wise and Crocop says he wants to keep active. You could nearly Guarentee Crocop will be ready to go again by the start of 2010 (if not sooner) and Id say the same goes for Randy. Crocop wanted a rematch with Nog in the UFC but if he doesnt get it im sure he would settle for Randy!

Next would be back to 205lbs for a fight with Little Nog, again Its a well worthwhile fight for Little Nog and if Nog wins his 1st UFC fight he would make for a very interesting fight with Randy seeing as he is just coming off a loss to his Brother... I think it could be an easy fight to sell and Little Nog could be a top 5 Lhw after his next fight, Seeing as Big Nog was 4th at Heavy its not a Huge step down in tallent

Another Lhw fight id like to see is Wanderlei Silva, Now I dont know what Wandy wants to do about cutting to 185lbs. He hasnt done it yet and found 195lbs hard. Wandy is a passible option if he gets a Win in his next fight and looks good. Couture would need to take another loss for this fight to be passible but If there both still in UFC I think this would sell a lot, Aside from Chuck they are probabally the next 2 most recognisable faces in MMA!

Rampage is the next one. Rampage has fought a Whos who of Lhw's with Mixed results at times, If he looses to Evans or Machida and is off making Movies he could be a good opponent some time for Couture.

Id like him to finish his MMA career fighting slightly younger guys who could have a bright future, that way if he looses he could make a bigger star out of them and Its win win for the UFC.. Who knows who will be the top up and Commers then but Cain Valesques would work for me, again Style wise I think it would make for a great fight, Both like to Box and both have great wrestling, Again for Randy it would be to show that he can pull of the upsets against bigger younger more physical guys.

Last fight id like it to be Shogun Rua by his last fight Shogun would be hitting his Physical prime at around 29/30. With Wins over Coleman, Randleman, Rampage, Liddell he has defeated a few great champs in his time. If he is on his way to becoming a Hall of Famer id like to see Couture fight him. Again Im just going on what I think would make superfights and matchup well stylewise. I think all of these would make for really entertaining fights. Who knows this time in 2 years Jon Jones could be the top guy in MMA and Randy could have lost 5 in a row! MMA is that unpredictable..

1.Crocop
    2.Lil Nog
    3.Wandy
    4.Rampage
    5.Valesquez
    6.Shogun

Thats my 6 figths in a perfect world and If im just going to be totally unrealistic Id like him to Retire From UFC and fight Ken Shamrock!! (Really Ken Shamrock no joikng) Most people would say Fedor of course but that wont be a relevant fight when Randy is 48! Id love to see him Vs Shammy as a last fight becase Shammy was the original Icon of the sport and actually 4 months younger than Randy!! It would make me really happy to see Randy End his career on that Note, Shammy Helpless in a single Collar Tie with Couture raining in hooks and uppercuts.. Something like Houston Alexander VS Keith Jardine!! Thats my Idea end to his career actually!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Couture signs new contract Empty Re: Couture signs new contract

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:55 am

Wow, 6 fights. He doesn't care about his legacy really or his record, he just loves to compete which is why I respect him so much. I would like to see him take one easy fight somewhere down the line, I don't want him to finish with 6 straight losses and a record of 16-16. I agree with Ben, I would love to see Randy beat the hell out of Ken Shamcock.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:50 am

I've never really rated him as a great fighter. He's a great competitor but i think his record is very poor and since he only wants to fight the top guys i can see him losing the remainder of his fights and going out on a bad losing streak.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 pm