THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+4
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
8 posters

Who gets a UFC contract then?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Who gets a UFC contract then? Empty Who gets a UFC contract then?

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Nelson has got his contract with the UFC after winning, who else will get one?

Schaub will probabally get one.

Mc Sweeny won but really he isnt a good figher, he lost to all sorts of Cage Rage level fighers. I think being in Evans camp helps his chances. But I dont know. I suppose he is an entertaining enough figher, Maby a fight with Al Turk as he cant look to avenge the Neil Grove loss but at 4-4 I dont see why UFC would want him.

Titties clearly NO as he lost and is just a fat guy, and they already got their fat guy.

Big Baby lost too so he is away

Mitrione came across as gutless in the house and Dana doesnt like him so I think he wont get to UFC.

Madsen pulled off the upset and beat Wren so he could get in, he is undefeated in MMA so im guessing UFC will give him the chance.

Wren lost SD and is only 22, I think UFC might give him a chance...

Kimbo is in for sure.

The only 2 I feel are guarenteed contracts are Kimbo and Nelson. Schaub is more than likely but thats It, I wouldnt want to see any of the others unless McSweeny can prove he can hang with decent opposition.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Who gets a UFC contract then? Empty Re: Who gets a UFC contract then?

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Great performance by Roy Nelson, im sure he will do well in UFC, maybe not title calibre but stil do well.

Nelson-Mir is a fight i want to see Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Kimbo and Nelson obviously.

Schaub and Wren will get contracts and be built up from undercards on Fight Nights.

I'd expect Madsen to get one.

And i think Demico Rogers will get one too.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:05 pm

Demico Rogers??? Really? Id say they would have to give Madsen one if Wren gets one, Have you seen the undercard fights that werent on TV yet? Im having trouble finding them. Also Did you manage to watch Kimbo vs Houston that u missed last night?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Yeah, did some illegal downloading. I only missed the second round. Was a great round for Kimbo though. Still can't believe how good that suplex was!

Yeah i think Rogers impressed a lot of people. He's a very talented wrestler and he's very young. He was kicking Schaub's ass until he got caught in the submission. Once he gets some experience i think he'll be a decent fighter.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:25 pm

it would be really harsh to give mitrione one and not big baby, afterall Marcus made it to the semis and beat former ufc fighter Wessel and undefeated Schoonover, whereas Mitrione scraped past junk in the worst fight ever and got submitted by mcsweeny!!!

i think they will or should at least offer contracts to all who fought on the finale with the exception of schoonover, who looked terrible and is off to afghanistan anyway
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:27 pm

I thought Demico looked like he had a bit of ability on the show, however if he wasn't invloved last night I'd be surprised if they gave him a contract.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:28 pm

I don't think Mitrone or Jones should ever be allowed attend a UFC event again, never mind fight at one! Jones has no stand-up skills at all and Mitrone is just a shit fighter with a big right hand. There's 4 of him in every pub in the world!
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:17 pm

I quite liked Big Baby! You can say that he doesn't have great stand-up, but his ground game is pretty solid. He's a big, strong guy with understanding of that aspect of MMA, just look at how he controlled Schnoover.

Rogers was unfortunate, being put up against the second best fighter in the house. I'm fairly confident if he'd had the chance he would have beaten every other fighter apart from the two finalists.

Mitrione is, in my opinion, the worst fighter TUF's ever had. Usually, somebody with poor stand up makes up for it on the ground. He has shown absolutely no skills in either. I'd go as far top say that his KO against Jones was a fluke, or at least largely down to Jones' weak chin.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:56 pm

big baby is going to get another chance im sure dana really likes him but i doubt he will last long he has probably the worst stand up i have ever seen
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 pm

Rogers should have a chance, he looked really good IMO and is a better fighter than Kimbo. He is an athlete with good wrestling.

Madsen deserves one, he was beating Schaub easily before getting caught, destroyed Abe Wagner and beat Wren. Plus he beat Lesner in a wrestling match, easy way to market him.

Titties is gone, Big Baby should be gone and hopefully so is Bitchinore. I doubt they will release the latter two so quickly, Big baby is easy to market and it would be harsh to release Mitiniore after he won by KO. After a loss they'll both go.

"Mitrione is, in my opinion, the worst fighter TUF's ever"

Very harsh, he wasn't even the worst on this season's show. Abe Wagner and Titties were both horrible as was Shivers, Simms and Junk. Plus when you look at guys like Roli Delgado, Jules Bruchez, Frank Lester, David Faulkner, that guy Mir loved, the one who got KOed by Lawler forgot his name, Roop, ANDY WANG, Wayne Weems, Gideon Ray, ROSS POINTON, Kristan Rothernal and oh so many more. Very very harsh.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

Agreed, Andy Wang is the worst fighter ever.

Or how about the guys in the first couple of seasons that never even got to fight. At least Meathead won a fight.

Schaub was getting his asskicked in all 3 of his fights on the show, Rogers, Madsen, Jones. But all three were trying to beat him with grappling. Turned out that the best grappler realized that the best way to beat him was to knock him out.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:37 pm

I was suprised they didnt give rogers a fight yesterday, i highly doubt they will give him a contract now but hope they do. Mcsweeney will probably fight at fight night and see if he can work his way up. Titties is outa here, cant see them giving big baby anything, Meathead won on the main card last night so he could get aanother chance like mcsweeney but i hope not. I hope Madsen gets one aswell. Wren im not sure...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 pm

I read somewhere that Rogers was going to fight but was injured in training.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:04 pm

I really hope Rogers gets another go. If not now, maybe after he wins a few outside the UFC because this guy looks like he has some talent. Stupid if Dana lets him go away so easy. Give that guy a good training camp and he will do good.

Andy Wang is the universal measuring stick for any bad fighter. Who can forget classic segments like..

Funny thing is that he was a BB in BJJ

Then there is this guy (the one next to Bitchping)

The first guys were like Chris Sanford and oh ye Jason Thacker Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 11:37 pm