THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Rare Big Foot sighting...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rare Big Foot sighting... Empty Rare Big Foot sighting...

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:08 am

Cool Interview with Antonio Silva

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/antonio-silva-made-offers-for-stateside-return-19851

He said he is able to fight in the states now! I didnt know he as an ATT figher! I dont see a reason for UFC not to bring him in. Or at the very least Strikeforce as he was a champ there or was it ExiteXc? Anyway he is a top tallent at Heavyweight, Id love him to Smash Barnett and I dont think its that far fetched if Barnett has to cycle off the Roids to pass a Drugs test...

Wishfull thinking I know Rolling Eyes
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rare Big Foot sighting... Empty Bigfoot offered UFC contract

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:52 pm

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%2002777.html

He has 1 more fight left on his Sengoku contract and then he could be off to UFC! Good news.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rare Big Foot sighting... Empty Re: Rare Big Foot sighting...

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:04 pm

He won at Sengoku 1st round armbar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:17 pm

Good, hopefully he goes to the UFC and adds to that division. He can cause people problems with his size, dangerous subs and his akward stance. Good to hear.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:29 pm

Did you hear about the rest of the card? The results that stuck out for me were Joe Dorkensen winning again, 4th time in a row and Dan Hornbuckle defeating Nick Thompson. Hornbuckle, the guy KTFO of Gono has now won four fights in a row and has 9 kos and 7 subs. He is 19-2 and his last loss was to Mike Pyle who is a pretty decent fighter and only lost to good fighters. Thompson was a solid top 15-20 guy and Hornbuckle got a good win. I wonder if its worth the UFC's or Strikeforce's time to sign this guy and maybe develop him into a good fighter. SF/Dream in partcular could do with this guy, imagine Zamirskas vs Hornbuckle. I think SF really need to add to there WW division because its quite poor so they should look to add to it. Obviously they can't get top level guys but even if they sign someone like Che Mills (of TUF 9 and has two wins over Zamirskas) that would be excellent for them. Not only does it add to the division but it potentiolly gives them an overseas star.
    Managing an MMA company really isn't that hard Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 pm