THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
6 posters

Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more Empty Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:33 pm

"(Brock) Lesnar had a hard time on the first round, but got the guy on the second. I think that if (Shane) Carwin had a little more conditioning, he would have got the win. I don’t believe that Brock Lesnar deserves to be considered the number one of the ranking because I think that, if (Fabricio) Werdum beat the number one, the right thing would be for him to become the number one. How can you beat the number one and be considered number two? I think this ranking is kind of crazy sometimes… There’s no way of a guy fighting only six times and becoming the number one of the ranking."

"And what about the history Fedor (Emelianenko) made in MMA? Just because of one loss, now he’s number three and a guy with only six fights on his professional record is the number one. That’s crazy, man."

"About Cigano (Junior dos Santos), I’m sure he’ll be the next champion of Ultimate. He’s young, has a lot of disposition, has a sharp Boxing, it’s hard to put him down and I’m sure Cigano will become the next champion of UFC. The only one how can make a tough fight with him is (Cain) Velasquez, who is a complete fighter, a good wrestler, bangs quite well, has a good ground game… But I’m sure Cigano will become the champion of this division. I’m sure he’s back in Brazil and will spend some time with his family and then come back to the trainings and I know he’ll become the champion.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more Empty Re: Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:"(Brock) Lesnar had a hard time on the first round, but got the guy on the second. I think that if (Shane) Carwin had a little more conditioning, he would have got the win. I don’t believe that Brock Lesnar deserves to be considered the number one of the ranking because I think that, if (Fabricio) Werdum beat the number one, the right thing would be for him to become the number one. How can you beat the number one and be considered number two? I think this ranking is kind of crazy sometimes… There’s no way of a guy fighting only six times and becoming the number one of the ranking."

"And what about the history Fedor (Emelianenko) made in MMA? Just because of one loss, now he’s number three and a guy with only six fights on his professional record is the number one. That’s crazy, man."

Spot on. Big Foot knows what he's taking about.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more Empty Re: Big Foot on Lesnar, JDS, rankings and more

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:52 pm

So now you've got Bigfoot having a pop at your rankings now Ben,I thought the shit you get from us lot was bad enough Razz

Using the system that Ben has set out with and stuck too,then I think these are a really good set of rankings,but it's still flawed like all ranking.

Did Randelman become the #2 HW when he beat Cro-cop,Did Randy become #1 when he beat Tito,was Fujita ranked at the top when he beat Kerr,and how long was Serra the #1 WW in the world and if so,surely 2 losses against the two former #1's is abit harsh to drop him over 15 places?(I don't for a second think Serra was #1 but this is the best example why a fighter shouldn't be made #1 after one win)

one win IMO,even if it is against the current #1(unless your were already top 4),doesn't make you the #1 fighter in the world,it should shoot you up in the rankings,but earned continued success afterwards should get you to the #1 spot.

IMO,Fedor should still be #1 and so should BJ.
    In BJ's case,he should untill he fights Edgar again,the Fedor ones slightly differant,since he's competeing for the #1 spot with a guy from a differant Org,but after Fedors run,it seem a bit harsh to drop to 3rd after one loss,when realisticly after his incredible record,he should have earned himself a buffer to keep his place after one loss,well atleast untill he fights again(as long as it's not a bum and it's either Werdum or Reem)
    Brock's had a short career,but because of the run of fighters he has beat and he has defended his belt twice against two #1 contenders,then I think he has done more than enough to easily deserve the #2 spot,so I think if brock beats cain,that will be 2 huge wins since fedor lost,so he should be #1 untill Fedor fights again,if Fedor wins,then he's back at #1,if he loses,then obviously Brock stays #1.

Sorry if this is like ground hog day,but we haven't talked about this.....well this month anyway Razz
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:49 pm

If Cain wins does he go to no.1? Im hoping for a dominant Brock win to silence all the critics from 116.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I'd say Cain goes to number 1 if/when he wins.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm

I wouldn't argue with JDS or Cain going top after their next win.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:04 am

JDS could go top for sure, if he was UFC champ and had beat the man who beat Fedor. Sure it seems fair. Cain being Undefeated with back to back win over Lesnar and Nog seems fair to me too.

Thing is that if Fedor wins his next fight he goes top. And we dont even know when that will be. He doesnt seem overly hungry to get back on the horse.

SF seem to be keeping the whole sitiation close to their chest. Overeem/Bigfoot/Fedor/Werdum who is figthing who? a win over any of those puts Fedor back without question in my eyes. Bigfoot or Overeem winning will really make my life hard ranking them! Laughing
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:12 am

Epic promo.

Its not a foregone conclusion that Cain will win, Brock is going to be a difficult guy to finish. Taking 60-70 punches from Carwin, who else thinks his chin is untested. While Brock is still in the fight there will always be the risk of getting taken down by him and finsihed.

I think if Cain wins he needs to finish Brock. Dont think he can go 25 mins without getting taken down and finshed.

Cant wait. I like Brock but i also like Brown Pride aswell. Its going to be epic. I hope the size advantage doesnt become a strong factor. Because Cain is only 240 lbs.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:34 am

Absolutely fantastic promo.. Man that NickTheFace has too much time on his hands. I actually see a pretty even fight going the distance. Not prepared to pick a winner though.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:10 am

Lesnar's chin is not the issue, it's his fear of getting hit.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:23 am