THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

Antonio "Big Foot" Silva: Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce Champ Alistair Overeem "Are Not Deserving of My Respect"

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Antonio "Big Foot" Silva: Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce Champ Alistair Overeem "Are Not Deserving of My Respect"  Empty Antonio "Big Foot" Silva: Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce Champ Alistair Overeem "Are Not Deserving of My Respect"

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:15 pm

"I come from Paraiba, in Brazil, where we don't back down from things! I'll fight whoever they put in front of me; you will never see me picking and choosing opponents.

"It's sad when the heavyweight champion starts whining that he will only fight this guy or that. What kind of a professional is this guy? He is the champ, isn't he? Why be afraid to fight me?

"And Fedor, one of the biggest legends in the sport. Is this how he got to be a legend, by declining fights?

"I never disrespect any opponent, no matter what his record is or what the public thinks about him. To me, he merits respect just for stepping up there and facing off, but these guys are disappointing me. They are demonstrating that they are not deserving of my respect.

"We are fighters, supposed to be some of the best in the world, and our job is to get up there, perform, and put on a good fight for the fans. I am ready to do this, just tell me who is next and I will be there. I am not a woman who wants to be involved in soap operas, looking forward to the next episode. I think that Strikeforce needs to put an end to this. Give me whoever and I will fight him, and, win or lose, people will know I came to fight that day and put my heart into it. To me, this is the only way."

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/8/27/1654078/antonio-big-foot-silva-blasts
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Antonio "Big Foot" Silva: Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce Champ Alistair Overeem "Are Not Deserving of My Respect"  Empty Re: Antonio "Big Foot" Silva: Fedor Emelianenko and Strikeforce Champ Alistair Overeem "Are Not Deserving of My Respect"

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Feel bad for Bigfoot, I think he should just ask Rogers if he is ready to go and take a fight soon, Fedor's camp will spend too much time fucking around calling out K-1's Overeem Laughing Overeem is gone again for a while... I honestly this Fedor fights Barnett in Japan.

So, Overeem in K-1, Werdum injured, Fedor iin Japan.

Rogers for you Bigfoot I reckon.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:01 am