THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
manschesthair_utd
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
9 posters

Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works Empty Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:04 pm

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=3527

Vitor Belfort has been told that Anderson Silva will not be recovered from his elbow surgery in time for a February and has been offered a contenders elimination bout with Nate Marquardt, a source close to the Brazilian tells Fighters Only.

Belfort - and fans - have been expecting a fight with Anderson next and Belfort has been making training camp preparations as such, but now it looks like his next opponent will be Greg Jackson's fighter Marquardt.

The fight makes all sense since the Brazilian has fought just once since his return to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, facing off Rich Franklin in a catchweight bout at 195lbs. Vitor won by knockout and since then has been called the next middleweight contender.

Dan Henderson thought he was next in line for a fight with the reigning champion Anderson Silva and did not react well to news that Belfort was leapfrogging him. It is apparently one of the sticking points in negotiations with him and the UFC.

Anderson's manager Ed Soares also did not appreciate the news that Belfort was to be the next challenger, stating the opinion that he had not earned the right to face The Spider. He should now be happy with the news that Belfort-Marquardt is being made

God i hope its true, i would feel sorry for Sonnen for about 5 seconds before getting pumped up for this fight.

Nate the great RD2 stoppage is my call.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works Empty Re: Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:15 pm

I think Nate will beat Vitor pretty easily. If he survives the first round, he'll walk it.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works Empty Re: Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:39 pm

im going with Vitor round one KO, right now he is the best fighter he has ever bene, mentally and physically, he is very very powerful at middleweight and Nate will be getting KO'd again.(heres hoping)
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:54 pm

I hope they make this fight, it'd give a definate number 1 contender to Anderson's title and should be very entertaining to watch. I think it's a hard one to call, I'm a fan of both fighters.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:05 pm

manschesthair_utd wrote:im going with Vitor round one KO, right now he is the best fighter he has ever bene, mentally and physically, he is very very powerful at middleweight and Nate will be getting KO'd again.(heres hoping)

Nate has never been KO'd mate. The ref stopped the Anderson fight due to a barrage of punches but he wasn't out. Nate has a great chin.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 pm

Got to go for Nate, he is one of my favourite fighters. He just needs to watch out for those early minutes. If he gets passed it, he should win easily. Possibly even a finish in the third. Nates more well rounded as well and definitley better conditioned. Belfort will not give Nate the same problems Silva did. That Nate is nothing like the one fighting now.

I like Sonnen but he doesn't deserve to fight Nate right now, it will just set him back. Maia beat him in a round and Nate beat Maia in seconds. That logic doesn't always work but right now Sonnen should look for some one easier. Palahares maybe.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am

Chael Sonnen is one of my least favourite fighters, both style wise and personality wise. I'd be glad to see him back on the undercard dryhumping the shit out of guys.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:30 am

Haha Laughing , whats wrong with his personality? Boring as fuck id agree but I never knew he had personality issues.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:13 am

I read an interview with him where he was talking about Fedor vs Rogers and just thought he was a dickhead(described heavyweight fights as "two fatties swinging, BIG YAWN, time for nap" and he the most BORING fighter of all time!) and then i went back and watched a couple of his WEC fights and in the build-up and post fight interviews i just thought he was even more of a dickhead.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 am

Belfort will smash Nate, Belforts been knocking heavy weights out for years the guy is a machine sorry Nate fans but don't see im getting through thi one!! Vitor for middle weight champ!!!

Also Vitor is well rounded Chelsea the guy is a black belt in bjj
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 am

How do you think the loser will figure when it comes to the next title shot?

Do they get a crack at the winner of the fight against Silva after this one or do they face another challenger to the title shot before that?

I am leaning towards Belfort in this one. Whatever happens though, I reckon the winner will either beat or run A Silva very closely. Looking a lot more interesting in the middleweights, just need a Hendo to add that little bit extra. Fucking dana confused
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 am

So is Andy Wang pinsman. Belforts BJJ never looked great to me, Nate is more well rounded. Probably a better grappler and definitley a better wrestler. Nate's chin is better than Franklin's and Nate hits really hard as well. If he escapes the first round, chances are he wins.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:38 am

I never knew that Anfield, man what a dick. Basically he managed to disrespect a whole division in MMA.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:06 pm

he was being sarcastic!!!!!

...wasn't he? scratch

i thought he was being sarcastic and i thought it was quite funny.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:14 pm

Don't like this at all Soares has been doing his best to get out of a Belfort fight and now gets his wish of Belfort vs Marquart or Henderson....great I bet we see Silva vs Tito a month later another grappler with average stand up to feed him with. Evil or Very Mad

I do think Belfort will stop Nate both men are on a roll ATM this would be a great fight for 108 if it was possible.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Chelsea... you telling me Frankin doesn't hit hard? Belfort is about the hardest hitter in the division the guy is solid! and everyone in the weight cat should be worried about getting in the octagon with him now his head is sorted out, it will be a stand up fight neither guy will go for take downs, and Belfort will finish him in the early 2nd with a KO.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:56 pm

Chelsea... you telling me Frankin doesn't hit hard

When did I say that? Franklin is my second favourite fighter ever. Belfort might hit really hard but he also has the worst conditioing. Nate will be too much.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:02 pm

I agree Nates Chances are better as the fight goes on but Ive seen Nate in trouble on the feet against worst strikers than Vitor, Rocked and on the back foot. Trying to think who but it was recent pretty sure Gouveia. These are two fighters I really like, I do think nate is more well rounded but Vitor hare far more 1 punch KO power, when he was a Kid he could give Prime Liddell trouble on the feet and he is much better now. I see Vitor being a top p4p contender when he beats Anderson! I think he will KO Nate in the 1st. He is just on that kind of form, I think he will beat Anderson, have said it for ages. I think Hendo vs Nate is a 50/50 fight though, Dana did fuck up letting him go.

No sympathy for Chonnen at all either Anfield! Laughing he gives Bisping a run for his money for being dislikeable! At least Bisping has entertained me with the faces he pulled when Hendo KO'd him Laughing
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm pretty sure Belforts conditioning would be better than his earlier days now, it was different back then, he seems like a completely new fighter and he just wants to knock as many people as he can out! He didn't seem that bothered about fighting Silva to be fair to him. Vitor is the man, I really like Nate and think hes a good fighter, but Belfort is a GREAT fighter, a legend and he'll be middleweight champ eventually!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Nate's got a good chin, I don't remember Goviea rocking him and Goviea is a good striker anyway. Nate will avoid getting caught early and then he will push the pace. Then Belfort is screwed. I like Belfort, especially since he Koed Lindland (because Lindland is boring as fuck) but Nate will have the better conditioing and versitiality. Belfort likes to rush forward which is not a good thing against someone like Nate. I think everyone is underestimating the improvements Nate has made.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:33 pm

why are you a big Nate fan and yet you have a seething hate for Josh Barnett? Both are known steroid users.

just curious. scratch
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Vitor is a juicer as well. Well, he used to be.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:02 pm

why are you a big Nate fan and yet you have a seething hate for Josh Barnett? Both are known steroid users.

just curious

Nate was caught once. Fine he made a mistake, he has learnt from his mistake. I used to be a huge Barnett fan as well, I was up and till he fucked Affliction and all the fans over.

I used to be Overoid and Sherk fans as well. Sherk clearly was roiding before the Tibau fight, thats why he no showed. Overoid...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Overeem is the most blatant cheat in the sport. But to be fair, Lesnar was caught with HGH. Sherk is definitely fond of the roids. And Vitor got caught as well. But at least they all look impressive.

Barnett should be ashamed of that physique after getting caught 3 times.

Let's not forget the most chiselled of the roiders though:

Nate Marquardt vs. Vitor Belfort in the works Tim_sylvia2
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Overoid and Barnett are the worst. Now I understand why Overoid hasn't defended his title in like 3 years. Because he knows that he would be caught just looking at his piss. Sherk pulled the same garbage as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:35 pm