THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva  Empty Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:06 am

In this exclusive interview, Aaron Tru is lucky enough to snag some of Vitor Belfort’s time. With his recent victory, Anderson Silva was of course a topic of discussion. It was reported recently that Silva had fought his most recent opponent Chael Sonnen, with broken ribs. Silva is now sidelined until next year. Belfort himself has not fought in over a year either, so when asked the question if he would be waiting for a title shot with Silva, he simply stated “I’m not going to be waiting for Anderson. I don’t fight for Anderson, I fight for the fans. ”

Another heated topic discussed was the fact that Anderson Silva always speaks through his coach and translator, Ed Soares. Vitor mentions that he feels the UFC should give Silva a translator who will translate what he’s REALLY saying, instead of Soares who changes Silva’s words to “make him look good.” Vitor also stated “I think the fans deserve to know what the person is really meaning.” “He needs to go do his business [Ed Soares], go be a manager, don’t try to be a trainer or fighter…Anderson’s the star, he needs to speak.”

I hope Vitor gets the winner of Nate and Palhares,I wouldn't mind it being Sonnen but I think sonnen deserves his rematch,so unless Cheal doesn't want to wait and wants to fight before,then I don't see why Sonnen can't,like Rashad,wait for his rematch.

(I think it sucks for us fans,when they are allowed to wait that long and we don't get to see them in action,but from there career point of view,you can't blame them for not wanting to risk a shot they've already earned)
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva  Empty Re: Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva

Post  KalDog Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:30 am

Vitor is class, through and through, would hate for him to face Sonnen. If he doesn't Lindland him, sonnen will pull a Randy all night long (it pains me to say that) however I think he would rape Palhares and Do the same to Marquardt
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva  Empty Re: Vitor Belfort not waiting for Anderson Silva

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:53 am

Palhares has a good chin and is an amazing grappler. I think he could beat Vitor quite easily if he survives the first 5 round.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:49 pm

Survives the first 5 rounds? Laughing

I think the most popular fight they could possibly make for Vitor right now is a Bisping matchup, for obvious reasons Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Sorry, i meant to say first 5 minutes! haha!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Ahhhh that makes sense Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:15 am