THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
the_king
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
7 posters

Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”  Empty Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”  Method=get&s=wanderlei-silva-vitor-belfort-gif

When UFC came to Brazil for the first time, in 1998, Wanderlei Silva debuted on the event, but was defeated by Vitor Belfort. After that fight, Wanderlei reached the top of the world on Pride, but never got his so dreamed rematch. With Vitor’s loss to Anderson Silva, on UFC 126, “The Axe Murderer” proposed the challenge, on a phone talk with TATAME. “And now, where are you running to?”, asked Wanderlei. “I’d give him the number one (on the line to fight me) easily, I’m challenging him … I want him”. It’s up to you, Dana White and Joe Silva.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/02/11/Wanderlei-Silva-challenges-Vitor-Belfort--Where-are-you-running-to

This fight has to be on the UFC Brazil card.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”  Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Is the Stann fight happening or not? UFC 130 is falling apart.... Sad

Hope Vitor-Wandi fight is on UFC 130, that will make up for Thiago-Rampage potentialy getting called off.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”  Empty Re: Wanderlei Silva challenges Vitor Belfort: “Where are you running to?”

Post  the_king Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 pm

would be a great rematch but iv heard leben also wants belfort and wrandi lol like a fight merry go round.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 pm

FUCK LEBEN who the hell is he? hes shit! get belfort v wandi on now Evil or Very Mad
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Few hours after “The Axe Murderer” calling out Vitor Belfort in exclusive interview with TATAME, we spoke with “The Phenom”, who accepted the challenge and left the decision about the highly expected rematch in Dana White’s hands.

“Let's do it, brother. I accept it”, Vitor said, praising the fighter he defeated by TKO in UFC Brazil, in 1998. “He’s a great athlete, a great champion, and it would be a pleasure to fight him. It’d be a highly anticipated fight, very important for the sport.

“Whatever Dana (White) says I’ll do, I never chose opponents and I won’t do it now. But he made the challenge and I’m accepting it. I just don’t wanna wait for the UFC Rio to come back, I wanna fight first”, he added.

Will Brian Stann wait, and the UFC set the rematch between former UFC and Pride champions? It’s up to you now, Dana White.

http://www.tatame.com/2011/02/11/Exclusive--Vitor-Belfort-welcomes-rematch-against-Wanderlei-Silva
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:02 am

Get it made Dana!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:29 am

affraid Do you all hate Wanderlei???
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 pm

I'd far rather watch Wanderlei v Belfort II than Wanderlei v Stann. I'm not overly convinced by Stann just yet, a win over Leben doesn't make you a contender.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:48 pm

I agree completely with Moose. Leben's win over Akiyama was heavily over hyped because he fought 2 weeks earlier, then because Stann beat Leben's suddenly everyone had him as a top 10 middleweight, I have the guy at top 20 at best. Make Silva V Belfort happen, there is a great story behind it, and that fight could main event a card, not just feature on the main card. Miguel Torres V Brad Pickett has just been announced for UFC 130, so that might be replacing Stann V Silva on the main card if Silva is still injured, then hopefully we get to see Silva V Belfort 2 !
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Brian Stann V Jorge Santiago has just been announced for UFC 130, so maybe we might be seeing Silva V Belfort after all!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Yeah i can see Vitor-Wandi as co-main event at UFC 131 which is scheduled to be Brock-JDS.

They need to find an opponent for Phil Davis soon though, and my pick is Matyushenko or Bonnar.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:02 pm

i hope we see the old wrandi from pride and the explosivness from belfort then it would be a war.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:25 am