THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA Empty Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 pm

Nate Marquardt's run in BAMMA has come to an end before it ever really started.

According to Marquardt's manager Lex McMahon, the UK-based BAMMA has agreed to release Marquardt from his contract following the organization's decision to delay their ninth event from Feb. 11 to March 24. Marquardt was scheduled to fight Yoshiyuki Yoshida in the main event of BAMMA 9 for the organization's welterweight title.

This marks the second time BAMMA has delayed Marquardt's promotional debut, as he was originally scheduled to fight for BAMMA in December.

"Nate is disappointed that he has not been able to fight for BAMMA and the UK fans," McMahon said. "However, given the situation that BAMMA removed him as the headliner from BAMMA 8 and have elected to reschedule BAMMA 9 to March 24, 2012 all parties concerned feel that it is in Nate's best interest to explore other options at this stage. Nate is one of the best fighters in the world and looks forward to fighting the best competition possible. Both Nate and I wish BAMMA all the best in their future endeavors."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/01/13/nate-marquardt-bamma-severe-ties/

So where does he go from here

Will Rebney have a change of heart and have him challenge Askren or Lombard in Bellator.(the last statement after the first time he negotiated with bellator,from Rebney was something like "we talked but it became pretty clear it wasn't the right fit".

I think their is still room left in the up coming MW tourney.

Will ZUFFA take him off their shit list and sign him up to Strikeforce,he'd make a good and needed addition to either the Strikeforce's MW or WW division.

OneFC seem to be doing alot of recruiting lately,that could be a good fit for him,then there is Dream,but i doubt they would pay him the amounts I'm sure he'd be asking for.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA Empty Re: Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA

Post  Cowboys From Hell Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Think Bellator seems the obvious choice payne hopefully a fight with Lombard that could be excellent guage to how good Hector is.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA Empty Re: Nate Marquardt severs ties with BAMMA

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:48 pm

I think a return to Zuffa, but in Strikeforce, is the best move for all parties. Nate the Grease would be a good test for Rockhold.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:36 pm

I'd personally like him in Strikeforce,they need the extra talent and like Anfield said,he'd make a good challenger to Rockhold.

Also if his plan is still to become a WW,then I'd like to see him show Woodley up,personally.
    They could also put on the fight BAMMA wanted too,Nate vs Daley.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:12 pm