THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37 Empty Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed May 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Well at 37 I guess he didnt have long left in the game but its a sad day to see one of the hardest hitting heavies of all time retire.

Carwin could easily have been top 5 if he was still fighting so its a real shame to see him hang the gloves up.

I would have loved to see him matched up against Overeem, Hunt or Bigfoot. I suppose its probabally all the injuries that caught up with him, he pulled out of the fight with Nelson injured and maby he just never got back to fighting shape.

Wish the big man a happy retirement he produced some really entertaining fights in the Cage. My personal favorite was the Beating he put on Frank Mir, that was brutal and one ill always remember.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37 Empty Re: Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu May 09, 2013 12:03 am

A loss, for definite. I also loved the demolition of Mir (primarily because I think Mir is a cock), what I didn't love so much, was his gassing against Lesnar (remember having a chunk of cash on him to win that fight, and just as I was counting it, it was gone), that aside, enjoyed watching him fight, and I definitely think he would have put Nelson to sleep, pity we'll never see that.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37 Empty Re: Shane Carwin retires from MMA at 37

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Could have made a lot of himself than he did given the talent he had wrestling wise and the power in his hands.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am