THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Cowboys From Hell
redmeanie77
superman_punch
wilksdaman
Sheldan
9 posters

Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent Empty Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Dana White has just announced that Shane Carwin will face Jon Olav Einemo, most likely at UFC 131. Apparently they wanted to put Carwin VS Rothwell together, but Rothwell won't be back until August.

Einemo is no joke, i'd say he is maybe is one of the top 5 BJJ guys in the heavyweight division, although he hasn't had an MMA bout for 5 years, so Shane Carwin will be a big step up in competition for him, i'd imagine that Carwin will probably put away Einemo in the first, although depending on Carwin's gas tank, if the fight was to go in to the later rounds, if Einemo was to get Carwin to the ground then he would have a huge chance.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent Empty Re: Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent

Post  wilksdaman Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:51 pm

6 - 1 with his most recent win coming by the way of James Thompson 5 years ago? How come the UFC has signed this guy if he hasn't been active for such a long time? Am I missing something? Are they trying to build up Carwin again?
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent Empty Re: Jon Olav Einemo Announced As Shane Carwin's Next Opponent

Post  superman_punch Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:57 pm

Death by way of carwins big right hand. Einemo is pure and simple cannon fodder for the big man. I cannot understand how he earnt himself a contract.
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  superman_punch Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:00 am

I would have preferred to see Carwin fight Rothwell or even a Strikeforce HW Grand Prix loser like Arlovski. He'd be up for it no doubt having the chance to get back in the UFC. I would have liked to have said Fedor but we all know it's not happening this lifetime.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:45 am

Einemo is a legit BJJ BB, and has been training with Golden Glory for a while now. So his hands should be better since Pride. He should have been picked up sooner by UFC and allowed to build himself up. This is the worst possible matchup for him.

Carwin should have gotten to murder Kongo instead.

And Einemo to face Pat Barry. That would be very classic Grappler v Striker match.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 am

Einemo is certainly no push over I'm really surprised this is the match they went with Jon hasn't had a fight in 5 years credit to him for taking the fight.
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:11 am

I don't know much about this guy i have to admit, but it seems he has some serious BJJ credentials. He'll have to try and hang with Carwin until he gasses, otherwise it's gonna be tough.

I'm also surprised they set this match up as a first fight, it's as tough as they come!!
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:23 pm

Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:11 pm

Einemo fought last year actually just it's not been put on Sherdog
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Sly Uses wrote:Einemo fought last year actually just it's not been put on Sherdog

Yeah I thought that too I recall reading about it last year the fight seems to been struck off the records for some reason.
    Wonga
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Wonga Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:24 pm

I remember him fighting Werdum in Pride years ago. He didnt have much of a stand up game back then - dont see this one lasting too long or ending to well for him

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:58 am