THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones Empty The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:17 pm

The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones Henderson_05-2

To me Hendo winning this is the most important result to me this year. I see it as a complete underdog fight, Id give Hendo a 1/3 shot at best. But what an underdog story if Hendo wins.

I cant get the Shields fight out of my head. If Shields stepped up to Lhw id imagine Bones would have no trouble rag dolling him around. Hendo is similar sized to Shields. I dont get these MMA fighters mentioning Hendos wrestling background, Jones is a couple of weight classes above him. Jones is a passible Hw Hendo a small Mw, Weight matters most in Wrestling hence "Athletes" Cole Konrads size in the sport. Very Happy If they lock up thre is only 1 guy doing the pushing around. Hendo needs a striking match more than he realises I think.

Hendo doesnt offer a threat Grappling wise and if Jones knows this he will be fine, Elbow him to oblivion from his guard or Sub him. If he doesnt rely on this and wants to throw down I think he will get a nasty shock.

The things about Hendo I think will work for him are his toughness and experience. Jones is going to land on him standing, long kicks, standing elbows etc.. but Hendo isnt fazed when he gets hit, He doesnt close his eyes and wince, doesnt look away, Hendo usually gets excied at the thought of being in striking range and throws leather coming forward as a response.

The only time Ive seen Jones looking on the loosing end of an exchance is when Machida chased him down throwing puches on the front foot. Something Hendo is great at that too and while he may punch thin air more than Machida did he has more stopping power in single shots. I dont think its a sure bet Hendo even wins standing, When I see a guy Jones size throw a spinning elbow or a flying knee I cant ever write his striking off!

For me Hendo needs to end it in 2 rounds, striking. Hes going to gas otherwise but If Hendo knows early he has to get the finish early I dont see him standing around like a deer in the headlights or an Anderson opponent admiring his crazy skills, as Rashad, Shogun and Rampage could all be acused of. If Hendo was willing to trade hayemakers with Fedor at Hw with Fedors stopping power he will be more than happy to do it with Jones his win will come from head down march forward and be happy to take one to give one attitude which no one does like Hendo.

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones Empty Re: The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

There's rumours going around that Hendo might have to pull out of the fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones Empty Re: The fight that means most to me this year, Hendo vs Jones

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:39 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:There's rumours going around that Hendo might have to pull out of the fight.

Shit I heard after the Rumors started Hendo said he had just been through a training session... hope they arent true. Its a card really lacking a main event if this is true.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Also if this fight is off im calling for Jones to fight a Heavyweight, Hunt or Big Nog even Kongo, they dont have fights and im sure one of them would take it on rediculously short notice! Laughing
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Man I hope Hendo wins but I have this horrible feeling Jones is just going to take him down at will and probably Sub him, The huge size & weight difference Jones has over Hendo to me is too much for Hendo to handle I can't see him winning. If he actually TKO's Hendo I'm preparing myself for the first time during any fight (Including The Undertaker beating Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series 91) to actually shed tears. Laughing

I'm trying to get pumped for this fight but I just have this horrible feeling Hendo is going to get smashed. Sad
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:23 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Also if this fight is off im calling for Jones to fight a Heavyweight, Hunt or Big Nog even Kongo, they dont have fights and im sure one of them would take it on rediculously short notice! Laughing

I know he is past his best now but I was only thinking the other day that Fedor Vs Jones would be great. Fedor isnt a big heavyweight and it would still have a lot of interest and hype to the fight, would sell well on PPV I am sure of that but obviously would be no good for a late replacement.

If Hendo is out should move it a month til he is ready or when Machida will be ready.
    kavik2
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  kavik2 Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Cowboys From Hell wrote:Man I hope Hendo wins but I have this horrible feeling Jones is just going to take him down at will and probably Sub him, The huge size & weight difference Jones has over Hendo to me is too much for Hendo to handle I can't see him winning. If he actually TKO's Hendo I'm preparing myself for the first time during any fight (Including The Undertaker beating Hulk Hogan at Survivor Series 91) to actually shed tears. Laughing

I'm trying to get pumped for this fight but I just have this horrible feeling Hendo is going to get smashed. Sad

I am hoping for the uppercut from knowhere from Hendo sparking Jones out.

However the nearer we get to the fight i am thinking Jones keeps his distance for 3 rounds, and then SUBS a now GASSED Hendo.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:00 pm

I can see that Kavlik seems the most logical strategy for Jones......But that being said an announcement is due for 2PM ET today from the UFC. Looks like the injury rumor could be true.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:30 pm