THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
rudeboyben84
Once Mohawked Pete
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
The_Axe_Emperor
9 posters

Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad Empty Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Fri May 13, 2011 9:21 pm

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/325537/Jones-cancels-surgery-fighting-this-year-but-not-vs-Rashad/

Jon Jones recently pulled out of a title fight with his 'divorced' team mate Rashad Evans, citing a need for surgery on his hans. Now manager Malki Kawa reveals via twitter that Jones has decided against surgery, and that he is fighting soon, but not vs. Rashad.

I guess its time to put out the truth. @Jonnybones suffered a tear in his thumb in 2 different spots... Every dr he saw said to have surgery
    We went to meet with the surgeon on wed and after he looked at @Jonnybones he thought that surgery was a bit evasive and bones didn't have ... To have if he didn't want to. @Jonnybones decided against surgery, and we immediately met with dana and lorenzo the next day to get his next fight scheduled
    For the record, every doctor @Jonnybones saw was a @ufc referred doctor. The very last one on the day before surgery thought against it...

No @Jonnybones is not fighting rashad. Rashad is fighting phil davis. I'll let you know who or when jon will fight real soon...by end of year.

who do you think he'll face?
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad Empty Re: Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad

Post  redmeanie77 Fri May 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Most likely Rampage if he wins at UFC 130.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad Empty Re: Bones Jones fighting this year but not vs. Rashad

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri May 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Seems like some bullshit to avoid fighting Rashad. Rashad is the number 1 contender, if Bones is able to fight any time soon then Rashad should be pulled from the Davis fight and put against Bones. Davis should fight someone like Bader and earn a fight against a top 5 guy.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Sat May 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Seems like some bullshit to avoid fighting Rashad. Rashad is the number 1 contender, if Bones is able to fight any time soon then Rashad should be pulled from the Davis fight and put against Bones. Davis should fight someone like Bader and earn a fight against a top 5 guy.

Could not agree more. Wonder what Rashad has to say.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat May 14, 2011 12:22 pm

I dont mind Rashad is no match for him anyway. Rashad cant hang with good strikers and isnt going to out wrestle or Sub
    Bones so personally I dont card.

Rampage as shit as he looked recently at least is big and powerfull enough to KO Bones standing. Machida is unorthadox enough on the feet to KO Bones and has the BJJ to possibly sub him.

Rashad has every right to be annoyed, he should be fighting for the title, but im glad he isnt it isnt a matchup that interests me at all.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat May 14, 2011 2:29 pm

I think Rashad has the speed and power to cause Jones a lot of problems.
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm with anfield
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Sun May 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes Anfield sums it up really. Stinks a bit to me this.

Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun May 15, 2011 2:32 pm

For a change I completely agree with both of Anfield's posts. I'm a Jon Jones fan but to me this seems like he's trying to duck Rashad, he talks all this shit about Rashad then it turns out he has to have surgery, and then days after Rashad is announced to be fighting Phil Davis, he doesn't need surgery, it just doesn't add up. Also like Anfield said, I think Rashad can cause Jones problems, not only has Rashad trained with Jones and therefore knows his weaknesses, but Jones hasn't yet fought an elite wrestler, yes Bader was an NCAA Divison 1 wrestler, but his transitions in to his takedowns are terrible, you can see them from a mile away, Rashad can be throwing a punch and then have you down on the mat a second later, along with GSP he probably has the best transitions in to takedowns, and that could cause Jones a lot of problems. I'd much rather see Jones VS Rashad than Jones VS Rampage which will probably get made after Rampage beats Hamill.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun May 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Sheldan wrote:For a change I completely agree with both of Anfield's posts.

Let's all congratulate Sheldan on being correct for a change! Laughing
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sun May 15, 2011 10:48 pm

thats bull shit that looks to me if he just ducked rashad.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:12 am