THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
manschesthair_utd
Sheldan
Ginginho
uly
payneNglory1
Anfields5thKing
p4pnumber_1
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
14 posters

Big Country dropping to 205

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Big Country dropping to 205 Empty Big Country dropping to 205

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:12 pm

If he can get 100,000 'likes' on his facebook page, so click on the link below and like that shit!

https://www.facebook.com/RoyNelsonUFC?ref=ts&sk=wall
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Big Country dropping to 205 Empty Re: Big Country dropping to 205

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Big Country goes Hunting for publicity! Laughing

Fair play, good way to get your name across in an age fighters get paid Twitter bonus and the likes. He seems a good guy and he knows he will never make it right to the top at Hw.

Wonder where he will fit into the 205lbs devision? Him vs Lil Nog/Gustaffson winner is a fight id like to see and I dare say he could hang with Forrest given the chin differntial and being used to standing with the likes of JDS, Crocop etc.. Rampage would be another interesting fight given Rampage hasnt looked himself in a while.

Style wise I like a lot of fights at 205 for him actually, Thiago Silva, Bonnar or even Brandon Vera even to start him lower rankings wise, all fights that id like to see.

What would Roy minus excess fat weigh? Even as a shortarse I know with a big belly I can carry about 30lbs in fat compared to weight when I was training regularly (and still wasnt defined) so a big guy like Nelson who cuts his body fat should be able to loose those 46lbs in fat alone id say? Youve a 200lbs man then, and to me at 6" with a 73" reach he seems like a Mw to me.

Id love to see him take a year off and get in the best shape he can, see if being a Mw is an option, but at 35 I doubt he will leap 2 devisions but I do think it could be done. If he is going to be a Lhw he wont be making to much of a weight cut in terms of drainig his body of fluids before the fight to make the weight.

Big Country dropping to 205 NelsonFedor
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Wow i liked his page this morning when it was 32K likes and now its 60k+, burger king is going to be running out of business pretty soon methinks.

Would love to see Nelson at 205, that division is going to look pretty empty soon, after many believing it was so stacked a couple years ago.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:05 pm

How long would a cut like that even take do yous reckon?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm

To do it properly, he'd need to take about 6 months.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Please make my Hendo vs Big Country fight happen cheers
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 am

doesn't seem like a good idea to determine the direction of your career on something as trivial as facebook likes..
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:15 am

One word - Liposuction

Big Country dropping to 205 Tummy_fat1
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:31 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Big Country goes Hunting for publicity! Laughing

Fair play, good way to get your name across in an age fighters get paid Twitter bonus and the likes. He seems a good guy and he knows he will never make it right to the top at Hw.

Wonder where he will fit into the 205lbs devision? Him vs Lil Nog/Gustaffson winner is a fight id like to see and I dare say he could hang with Forrest given the chin differntial and being used to standing with the likes of JDS, Crocop etc.. Rampage would be another interesting fight given Rampage hasnt looked himself in a while.

Style wise I like a lot of fights at 205 for him actually, Thiago Silva, Bonnar or even Brandon Vera even to start him lower rankings wise, all fights that id like to see.

What would Roy minus excess fat weigh? Even as a shortarse I know with a big belly I can carry about 30lbs in fat compared to weight when I was training regularly (and still wasnt defined) so a big guy like Nelson who cuts his body fat should be able to loose those 46lbs in fat alone id say? Youve a 200lbs man then, and to me at 6" with a 73" reach he seems like a Mw to me.

Id love to see him take a year off and get in the best shape he can, see if being a Mw is an option, but at 35 I doubt he will leap 2 devisions but I do think it could be done. If he is going to be a Lhw he wont be making to much of a weight cut in terms of drainig his body of fluids before the fight to make the weight.

Big Country dropping to 205 NelsonFedor

How tall is Fedor? Nelson is listed as 5'11", and he looks at least a couple of inches taller than Fedor in that picture. I hope he has high heels on...
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Ginginho wrote:One word - Liposuction

Big Country dropping to 205 Tummy_fat1

He could always get advice from your boy Hunt. If he can lose nearly 100lbs, surely Nelson can make 295.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:25 pm

85,371 like this
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:20 pm

uly wrote:doesn't seem like a good idea to determine the direction of your career on something as trivial as facebook likes..

I assume he was planning on doing this regardless, but UFC gives out fighter bonuses now for facebook page likes or twitter followers, so he can get extra money for doing it this way.
    uly
    uly
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  uly Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:02 am

I hope he doesnt get 100000 likes and then has to say ''oh well Im doing it anyway''
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:12 am

92500 and counting.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Roy Nelson vs Bigfoot Silva at UFC 146!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Is that confirmed? Dana and Joe Silva are fucking idiots if so.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Don't understand that one bit. Joe Silva seems to be credited as an amazing matchmaker but personally I think he is dreadful, I honestly think I could produce better match ups than him. Dana goes on saying he wants Roy to lose the weight, Roy finally appears to show some signs that he is intending to do so, and then the UFC books him in a heavyweight bout with arguably the biggest guy now in the heavyweight division, thus stalling any weight loss that Roy had planned, and potentially even causing him to have to put some weight back on in order to not be overpowered by Big Foot. Utter madness. Despite saying that, I probably will back Roy after seeing what Cormier did with his hands against Bigfoot, but I just find it stupid, especially because the winner of this fight doesn't even alter anything in the title picture. I think UFC have decided "right, we need a co-main event for 146, go find 2 guys that we can just throw together."
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Oh and apparently, Nelson said he'll go to LHW if he gets 100k MORE likes, not when he gets 100k likes, and apparently he was on 32k, so he needs 132k for him to apparently decide he is moving down to LHW. But like I said before, I assume he was already planning to and just thought he would earn some bonuses from UFC for getting more likes.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Now according to MMA Heat, Cain is confirmed to be fighting Mir at 146, so that's the co-main event, so now I really don't understand the booking of Nelson and Bigfoot.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:20 pm

Nelson has a good style to fight Bigfoot but i think he will lose badly, the size difference will do him in.

Werdum dwarfed him, Bigfoot will make him look like a child.
    Big Country dropping to 205 101_Fabricio_Werdum_vs_Roy_Nelson_gallery_post_large
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Sheldan wrote:Don't understand that one bit. Joe Silva seems to be credited as an amazing matchmaker but personally I think he is dreadful, I honestly think I could produce better match ups than him. Dana goes on saying he wants Roy to lose the weight, Roy finally appears to show some signs that he is intending to do so, and then the UFC books him in a heavyweight bout with arguably the biggest guy now in the heavyweight division, thus stalling any weight loss that Roy had planned, and potentially even causing him to have to put some weight back on in order to not be overpowered by Big Foot. Utter madness. Despite saying that, I probably will back Roy after seeing what Cormier did with his hands against Bigfoot, but I just find it stupid, especially because the winner of this fight doesn't even alter anything in the title picture. I think UFC have decided "right, we need a co-main event for 146, go find 2 guys that we can just throw together."

Fully agree on the bolded bit.

Agree on the rest too. Roy can't even cut to 220 for this fight. He's going to have to come in at 245 or so. They should have given him 6 months off to lose the weight and then had him come back and fight some middle of the road LHW. Or giving him a fight against a smaller HW so that he could cut to 220, fight, and then cut again.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:41 pm

Sheldan wrote:Now according to MMA Heat, Cain is confirmed to be fighting Mir at 146, so that's the co-main event, so now I really don't understand the booking of Nelson and Bigfoot.

Mir vs Cain should be interesting. Mainly to see how Cain bounces back for the JDS fight.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Dana hates Roy Nelson and they really want to build up Bigfoot after his destruction by Cormier.

You can bet they will hammer in the point of Bigfoot destroying Fedor to death in the buildup and during the fight itself. I lost count how many times they mentioned Fedor during Werdum-Nelson fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:50 pm

Yeah it's bizarre. Rogan was a huge Fedor fan a couple of years ago, now he's singing from Dana's hymn sheet. If they try and claim Silva destroyed him, they'll just be embarrassing themselves. Dominant second round but no destruction.

I though Dana was getting fonder of Roy. I know he hated him to begin with but I thought they'd gotten past that BS.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Another possible reason ofcourse to have made this fight is the "Bigfoot v Big Country" line Goldie is going to exhaust during the show. Neutral

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:42 am