THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
superman_punch
Ginginho
efils_god
7 posters

Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement

efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement Empty Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement

Post  efils_god Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:50 am

The UFC website has confirmed that Jon Fitch has had to pull out of the rematch with BJ Penn due to injury.

As a result, Carlos condit has posted on Twitter that if orffered, he's be honoured to take the fight.

what do you guys think of this potential match-up?

I think it's a great MAtch-up for BJ, a guy that'll have trouble taking him down who he can force to stand with him.

It would be a pretty intriguing match-up i reckon, as Condit is good everywhere, as is BJ.

Gotta give the edge to BJ though.....

Thoughts? Other possible replacements?
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement Empty Re: Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement

Post  Ginginho Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:04 am

What about Koscheck? Would he be fit enough?
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement Empty Re: Fitch out of Penn rematch - Condit is a possible replacement

Post  superman_punch Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:37 am

I'd prefer to see this fight rather than the Fitch rematch.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you god
    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  2brutal Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:55 am

I'd be happy with kos or kondit
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:13 am

I agree, this is a much better, more interesting match-up than the rematch, which i would think gives Fitch a clear UD this time around.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:37 am

Condit-Penn will be a great fight. Fitch's injury must be pretty serious if he's pulled out of the fight already.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Certainly a better fight than a Fitch rematch hope it happens.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:55 am