The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news


    Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Share

    Poll

    In your opinion, who won the first fight? And if there is a rematch, who would you back?

    [ 4 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    25% [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    25% [25%] 

    Total Votes: 8
    avatar
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2009-08-23
    Age : 49
    Location : Newcastle

    Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:22 pm

    I am aware that several members have made their feelings clear on this, but, with talk of a possible rematch, curious to see who would back who, has anyone's opinions changed?

    Personally, I think Diaz edged the first fight, but only just. I would back Diaz in a rematch though, I think that he may utilise the take-down a lot more in a rematch though.
    avatar
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1144
    Join date : 2011-01-26
    Age : 30
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  p4pnumber_1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 pm

    Condit won, but I would back Diaz.

    2brutal
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

    Posts : 862
    Join date : 2011-01-25
    Age : 35
    Location : West yorkshire

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  2brutal on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:09 pm

    diaz v close diaz v close
    avatar
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4621
    Join date : 2009-08-29
    Age : 39
    Location : North Carolina

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  payneNglory1 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

    reports are coming in that Condit has agreed to the rematch.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 pm

    He's been forced to agree more like. Dana and Lorenzo must have watched the fight again.

    Condit will be running his first marathon next week in preparation.
    avatar
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 4165
    Join date : 2009-08-29

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  redmeanie77 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:03 pm













    This is all so that Zuffa can get Diaz/GSP and get a bigger PPV revenue.
    avatar
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6040
    Join date : 2009-08-14
    Age : 33
    Location : Belfast

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  rudeboyben84 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 am

    Diaz won 1, 2 and 5. Joe Rogan on commentary ringside said he scored it like that watching it back. And when he was calling it he sounded like he wouldnt have batted an eyelid at the 4 rounds to 1 that a judge scored it. I wonder if Lorenzo and Dana watched it back and thought the same...

    Im sure Diaz being a big PPV draw is part of the reason.

    Its like Penn vs Edgar. People who watched two guys strike for most of the fight and half scored it to Edgar because they favor pitter patter running away Bisping tactics and half scored it to Penn because the apperciate a guy who fights for a KO like a man Twisted Evil Wink

    Seriously though GSP is injured it makes sence. Diaz to win by Sub this time.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 am

    Well other than Sonnen vs Silva 2, the UFC have no marketable fights so they need GSP-Diaz.

    Going to be an extremely barren year for the UFC PPV wise.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 am

    rudeboyben84 wrote:Diaz won 1, 2 and 5. Joe Rogan on commentary ringside said he scored it like that watching it back. And when he was calling it he sounded like he wouldnt have batted an eyelid at the 4 rounds to 1 that a judge scored it. I wonder if Lorenzo and Dana watched it back and thought the same...

    Im sure Diaz being a big PPV draw is part of the reason.

    Its like Penn vs Edgar. People who watched two guys strike for most of the fight and half scored it to Edgar because they favor pitter patter running away Bisping tactics and half scored it to Penn because the apperciate a guy who fights for a KO like a man Twisted Evil Wink

    Seriously though GSP is injured it makes sence. Diaz to win by Sub this time.

    Rogan's biased commentary is one of the reasons people scored it to Condit whilst watching. When he watches it back and scores it to Diaz it's pretty clear the judges fucked up. I thought it was a draw when I watched it first. Watched without them, and it's Diaz all day. 1st, 2nd and 5th no question.

    Watch the Machida-Shogun fight without Rogan and Goldberg, and Machida wins every time. Their bias clouds the judgement of many sheep.
    avatar
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

    Posts : 983
    Join date : 2009-08-25

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  efils_god on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:52 pm

    no rematch according to Cesar Gracie....

    http://www.5thround.com/105775/nick-diaz-vs-carlos-condit-rematch-scrapped/

    Less than 24 hours after UFC president Dana White announced Nick Diaz (Pictured) and Carlos Condit had agreed to an immediate rematch, it appears Part II has been scrapped before contracts were ever even drawn up.

    Unfortunately for curious minds that want to know, Diaz’s longtime manager, Cesar Gracie, wasn’t able to provide much information outside of the fact his client’s future is still as uncertain as ever.

    “Yeah, I said that (there will be no rematch). But that’s all I can say,” Gracie told ESPN. “I can’t say anything else. I can’t do anything.

    “Quote that if you want to. There is not going to be a rematch. Other than that, that’s all I can say.”

    More details should come to light on Friday when Condit and his manager meet with White in Las Vegas, Nevada.

    This past Saturday at UFC 143, Condit was rewarded with a highly controversial unanimous decision victory to capture the interim welterweight crown. Many believed Condit should have lost the championship bout because Diaz seemed to be the more aggressive fighter and won the ever-ambiguous “Octagon control” aspect of their 25-minute affair.

    Diaz was so baffled by the loss that the 28-year-old threatened to retire from the sport after hearing the unfavorable verdict.

    Welterweight king Georges St-Pierre and his surgically-repaired knee won’t be able to start fully training until July, with November tentatively marked as his target return date.

    Given GSP’s timetable, Condit would have to wait nine months to try and unify the 170-pound crown. If that’s the case, the interim champ might look to make one title defense before St-Pierre comes back.
    avatar
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1270
    Join date : 2011-01-19
    Age : 34
    Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Cowboys From Hell on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:55 pm

    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Diaz won 1, 2 and 5. Joe Rogan on commentary ringside said he scored it like that watching it back. And when he was calling it he sounded like he wouldnt have batted an eyelid at the 4 rounds to 1 that a judge scored it. I wonder if Lorenzo and Dana watched it back and thought the same...

    Im sure Diaz being a big PPV draw is part of the reason.

    Its like Penn vs Edgar. People who watched two guys strike for most of the fight and half scored it to Edgar because they favor pitter patter running away Bisping tactics and half scored it to Penn because the apperciate a guy who fights for a KO like a man Twisted Evil Wink

    Seriously though GSP is injured it makes sence. Diaz to win by Sub this time.

    Rogan's biased commentary is one of the reasons people scored it to Condit whilst watching. When he watches it back and scores it to Diaz it's pretty clear the judges fucked up. I thought it was a draw when I watched it first. Watched without them, and it's Diaz all day. 1st, 2nd and 5th no question.

    Watch the Machida-Shogun fight without Rogan and Goldberg, and Machida wins every time. Their bias clouds the judgement of many sheep.

    Agree on the biased commentary I though It was a close fight Diaz probably nicking it in the 5th I was blown away with Rogan at the start of the 5th proclaiming Condit was winning the fight and Diaz needs to finish him, I couldn't Believe It.

    On to the article I thought Diaz edged the 1st fight the 2nd I'm not 100% sure on I just hope for Nick's sake he is more active this time round, I just got a feeling Condit might sneak It.
    avatar
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1162
    Join date : 2009-08-23
    Age : 49
    Location : Newcastle

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Once Mohawked Pete on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:02 pm

    On the subject of commentary, I've now got to the stage, where I actually watch without sound, the commentary annoys so much, and regardless of how strong your opinions are, it does have a bearing on how you view the fight.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:59 pm

    Once Mohawked Pete wrote:On the subject of commentary, I've now got to the stage, where I actually watch without sound, the commentary annoys so much, and regardless of how strong your opinions are, it does have a bearing on how you view the fight.

    Agree, Especially with Rogan shouting so often. The UFC need a new commentary team BADLY.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 pm

    Cowboys From Hell wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:
    rudeboyben84 wrote:Diaz won 1, 2 and 5. Joe Rogan on commentary ringside said he scored it like that watching it back. And when he was calling it he sounded like he wouldnt have batted an eyelid at the 4 rounds to 1 that a judge scored it. I wonder if Lorenzo and Dana watched it back and thought the same...

    Im sure Diaz being a big PPV draw is part of the reason.

    Its like Penn vs Edgar. People who watched two guys strike for most of the fight and half scored it to Edgar because they favor pitter patter running away Bisping tactics and half scored it to Penn because the apperciate a guy who fights for a KO like a man Twisted Evil Wink

    Seriously though GSP is injured it makes sence. Diaz to win by Sub this time.

    Rogan's biased commentary is one of the reasons people scored it to Condit whilst watching. When he watches it back and scores it to Diaz it's pretty clear the judges fucked up. I thought it was a draw when I watched it first. Watched without them, and it's Diaz all day. 1st, 2nd and 5th no question.

    Watch the Machida-Shogun fight without Rogan and Goldberg, and Machida wins every time. Their bias clouds the judgement of many sheep.

    Agree on the biased commentary I though It was a close fight Diaz probably nicking it in the 5th I was blown away with Rogan at the start of the 5th proclaiming Condit was winning the fight and Diaz needs to finish him, I couldn't Believe It.

    On to the article I thought Diaz edged the 1st fight the 2nd I'm not 100% sure on I just hope for Nick's sake he is more active this time round, I just got a feeling Condit might sneak It.

    He said the same in the Sonnen-Bisping fight. He said he thought Bisping won the first two rounds. He really doesn't know what he's watching now that he doesn't have Eddie Bravo sitting beside him to hold his hand.
    avatar
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 1024
    Join date : 2009-08-17
    Age : 44
    Location : Auckland, NZ

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Ginginho on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 am

    Apparently GSP wants Diaz so bad he will give up his shot at the belt to get him. I reckon this works.

    Condit faces the winner of the Ellenberger - Sanchez fight and GSP and Diaz fight with the winners of each facing each other. Good times and timing should be ok.

    As long as Diaz doesn't get banned for having a toke drunken drunken
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:14 pm

    Anfields5thKing wrote:He's been forced to agree more like. Dana and Lorenzo must have watched the fight again.

    Condit will be running his first marathon next week in preparation.

    You mean Dana and Lorenzo saw the predicted numbers for GSP vs Condit and decided that Diaz was the much bigger draw. Condit won a very close fight, the rematch is nothing to do with the decision.
    avatar
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

    Posts : 6519
    Join date : 2009-08-15

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Anfields5thKing on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:34 pm

    It's everything to do with it. GSP vs Diaz could have happened either way. GSP Could wrestlefuck the life out of Condit as soon as he caught up with him following some wind sprints, and then he could face Diaz on Superbowl weekend next year.

    Or as Ben suggested, GSP vs Diaz could have fought for the right to face Condit or whoever has the belt on Superbowl weekend.

    Joe Rogan told Dana he thought Diaz won having watched it back. Dana, who knows fuck all and tends to go with everything Rogan says regarding a fight unless one of his buddies is involved, decided that Diaz had won based on Rogan's statements and ordered a rematch.
    avatar
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

    Posts : 3314
    Join date : 2009-08-16

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  ChelseaQuinsfan on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:51 am

    I disagree completely, it's all about the numbers Diaz can bring. Dana wants to cash in on GSP since he doesn't fight very often and Diaz can make some big numbers. And why would GSP fight Diaz after he lost to Condit? GSP doesn't have the fight for the right to fight anybody. People have to fight and win for the right to face him.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Diaz vs Condit and possible rematch

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:58 pm