THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
the_king
chrishd
superman_punch
The_Axe_Emperor
Moose Stuff For Money...
9 posters

Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch

Poll

Thought's on this fight?

[ 2 ]
    Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_lcap25%Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_lcap0%Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_lcap0%Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_lcap13%Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 5 ]
    Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_lcap62%Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch I_vote_rcap [62%] 

Total Votes: 8
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch Empty Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:35 am

BJ Penn wrote:I kept thinking, ‘Who’s going to grind me and try to push me into the fence and do the ground and pound stuff?’ and I was like, ‘Matt would be a perfect guy to come in and help me out.’ I actually got to work with him a little bit and he surprised me in a few positions. He’s got some stuff to show me and I’m just blessed, really, that he’s down here. I think Matt’s the guy [to mimic Fitch]. Matt’s the man. We were even talking about it last night when we were standing in the ring. He was like, ‘Come on; I’m Fitch. That’s my style. Push you down, take you down and I’m going to beat on you.’ It’s perfect to have him here.
    Matt Hughes wrote:Fitch and I do a lot of the same things on our feet and on the ground. I’ve watched some tape on Fitch and I think I’ve come up with a good game plan on what he’s going to do against BJ and that’s why I’m here. With BJ it’s all about if he’s got the mindset to go in there and take the win, he will win. It’s all in BJ’s mindset of what he wants to do. If he’s gonna go in there and try and trade some blows with him and this and that. then you don’t know what’s gonna happen. If BJ’s strong minded, he’s gonna get his hand raised at the end.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch Empty Re: Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 am

I see very little way in which BJ can do anything to even come close to defeating Fitch, other than a quick flurry on the feet ala Penn- Hughes III.

Fitch is going to assrape him all the way back to Hawaii.

Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch Assrape-you-know-its-coming
    superman_punch
    superman_punch
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch Empty Re: Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch

Post  superman_punch Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:54 pm

As much as I hate to say it I think fitch has got an easy pay day here. BJ isn't a 170 pounder and shouldn't be fighting there
    chrishd
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Penn brings in Hughes to train for Fitch Empty Fitch, Fitch and Fitch

Post  chrishd Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Ufc seem to have less fights where the result seem given beforehand these days, but this is, in my opinion, not one of them - Fitch is going to pummel and smother his way to a 3 round victory.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 pm

i was tempted to say fitch UD but ill go with a newly motivated penn KO.
    SBGaz
    SBGaz
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  SBGaz Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:17 pm

Fitch via dry hump.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:40 pm

Penn needs to start really fast in this one and come out swinging, because if Fitch starts landing TDs and wearing on him then I dont see how BJ can win.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Fitch is too big. I think he'll knock Penn out.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:51 pm

BJ has pretty good takedown defense and is no mug on the ground, and definatly has the striking advantage. Size and strenght goes to Fitch for sure though.

50:50 fight in my book, although i see Fitch is a slight favourite with the bookies, although the odds really arent that tempting. I would stay well clear of this fight from a gambling point of view.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:25 am