THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
rudeboyben84
payneNglory1
redmeanie77
efils_god
KalDog
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
11 posters

Marquardt on Michael Bisping

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Marquardt on Michael Bisping  Empty Marquardt on Michael Bisping

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:41 pm

UFC middleweight contender, Nate Marquardt has been speaking about his dislike of UK stand-out, Michael Bisping on the eve of his return to the octagon this weekend in Newark, New Jersey, labelling the Wolfslair MMA Academy trained star “an ass and a total punk”.

Speaking via MMAFighting.com, Marquardt said:

“I would love to fight that guy just to punch him in his mouth and shut him up. That’d be nice. He’s an ass, he’s a total punk, just no respect. I don’t like Bisping.”

“The crap talking and whatever, that’s one thing. Guys hype up fights. And even guys that are just like that naturally, I don’t hold that against them. But the fact that he goes and spits in his opponent’s corner? That’s so disrespectful. That’s not what a martial artist does and it’s not what a sportsman does.”

On his own long-term future at 185 pounds ahead of this weekend’s showdown with Dan Miller at UFC 128, Marquardt said:

“I believe I’m still at the top. I need to make a few minor adjustments and I’ll be the champion. So I’m not really concerned where [a win] puts me. I know where I’m at and I’m just going to go out and do my best.”

Marquardt could get his wish of a future fight with Bisping if he can roll over Miller in just a couple of days time on the main card of the evening this Saturday night. He was originally due to face Yoshihiro Akiyama on the card but the Japanese fighter was forced to pull out after a massive earthquake hit his home nation.

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2011/03/17/nate-marquardt-declares-he-doesn%E2%80%99t-like-michael-bisping-%E2%80%9Che%E2%80%99s-an-ass-he%E2%80%99s-a-total-punk-just-no-respect%E2%80%9D/
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Marquardt on Michael Bisping  Empty Re: Marquardt on Michael Bisping

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:21 am

Nate The Average actually thinks he beat Okami as well which is hilarious.

But he should beat Miller and he'd beat Bisping pretty easily in a fight between two of the biggest dickheads in MMA.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:45 pm

I disagree (there's a shock) Bisping would UD him, he's quicker, has better cardio, underrated tdd. He just needs to circle away from Nates big right.

And I'm not a fan of either guy
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:15 pm

I would take Nate in that fight, although like you guys i don't like either. I used to like Nate but he's got on my nerves recently and seems to think he's better than he is.

However, i think he'd beat Bisping to a UD. I can't see him gassing, and he'd surely land the more significant strikes.

And Kaldog, you mean like Bisping circled away from Hendos right in my photo there....? Twisted Evil
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:17 pm

Wouldnt be suprised if Nate chokes in this fight and loses.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:02 pm

efils_god wrote:I would take Nate in that fight, although like you guys i don't like either. I used to like Nate but he's got on my nerves recently and seems to think he's better than he is.

However, i think he'd beat Bisping to a UD. I can't see him gassing, and he'd surely land the more significant strikes.

And Kaldog, you mean like Bisping circled away from Hendos right in my photo there....? Twisted Evil

Lol, exactly like that mate.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Gareth Davies is reporting that Bisping wants the Sonnen fight.

@GarethBOXUFC
    Michael Bisping tells me: "I quite fancy the Chael Sonnen fight. I find him very funny too...I like his quips."

@Kebabinator
    Do you not think this would be the wrong fight for Bisping?Surely Sonnen would smother him on the ground.Standing itd be mike

@GarethBOXUFC
    Bisping has excellent td defence, Silva was badly injured for Sonnen fight. Great match up of fighters. Bisping on points

@GarethBOXUFC
    Bisping-Sonnen is not just great fight - but a great event
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 am

Gareth A Davies is one of the worst reporters I've ever come across. The man is a complete moron.

Sonnen would outbox Bisping and has for Bisping's TDD, what top wrestlers has he faced? Rashad - took him down at will and he's not as good as Sonnen. Hamill - outboxed him and took him down, and he's not as good as Sonnen, and Hendo who didn't bother with takedowns and just knocked him out.

Sonnen will destroy Bisping. Sonnen's top 2 in the world at 185. Bisping's not close to his level.

Nate can outstrike and outgrapple Bisping. He's got cardio to easily last 3 rounds with Bisping as well. Bisping can only run from limited fighters like Leben. Nate's not great but he's a level above Bisping. He's in the 5-10 bracket. Bisping is low end of the 10-15 bracket.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:41 am

Nate and Sonnen batter Bisping.

Both are so much more Physical than him and have so much better groundgames its a sure thing that they can both get the job done grappling alone.

Striking, since Bispings Bitter patter punches cant stop Sonnen coming forward like a frait train Sonnen would steam forward and KO him, the Chin to Power ratio between the two is rediculous, Sonnen is tough as they come and has stopping power in his punches.

Nate can throw Spinning backfists, Flying Knees etc.. and can hit much harder than Bisping, his striking is more versitile and he hits much harder ever if his chin isnt the best in the devision neither is Bispings.

I can see Bisping Hanging with Nate for more than 2 rounds and I hand on heart believe he would be lucky to last 2 mins with Sonnen.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:41 pm

i dont agree about Sonnen's power. the clear majority of his wins are by decision...as for lasting 2 minutes, remember sonnen saying "if you dont fight the full 15 minutes then you havent really earned it" or something like that. Laughing
    alex6674
    alex6674
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  alex6674 Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 pm

it's funny how Sonnen, Belfort and Nate the twat are saying they want to fight Bisping because of his antics in his last fight, not that they ALL need a win against someone relevant/who will draw some attention to them if they win. Sonnen needs a big public win after his problems, Vitor needs one to get back in line for the title, and Nate just needs to fight and win convinvingly before his Nate the Great mantle seems....stupid, if it doesn't already.

So while most of you on here critisise Bisping for everything he does, you ignore the fact he is actually, by publicity or fighting prowess, a relevant name in the 185 division.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:59 pm

I'm hoping for this.

Marquardt on Michael Bisping  1274987502_double-ko

But will settle for this.

Marquardt on Michael Bisping  2me76gi
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Bisping's footwork is too good for Nate, Bisping unaninmous decision.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:41 pm

By footwork do you mean ability to run away?

Bisping never has, and never will, beat a top 10 fighter. Nate is a top 10 fighter. He'd beat the cunt with ease?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:19 pm