THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
Sly Uses
manschesthair_utd
the_king
7 posters

Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery'

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery' Empty Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery'

Post  the_king Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:51 pm

This past weekend at the O2 Arena in London, England, native son Michael Bisping out-pointed and out-worked another tough opponent to make it two in a row since a February loss to Wanderlei Silva. "The Count" survived some scary moments in the opening stanza courtesy opponent Yoshihiro Akiyama's sledgehammer punches to come back and earn a unanimous decision over his opponent and a hefty "Fight of the Night" bonus.
    Though it seemed clear that Bisping was simply more well-conditioned and disciplined in his approach than Japanese-Korean judoka Akiyama, "Sexyama" believes that there was something else contributing to the Brit's winning performance. MMAFighting.com caught the following quote made by Akiyama when asked by Japanese press why he chose to pursue a striking match instead of implementing his vaunted judo game to get the fight to the mat.

"I only went for one takedown but Bisping's body was really slippery," Akiyama said. "Even if I do say so myself..."

Akiyama has drawn some heat for his comments, as many have been pointing out that he had a 2006 TKO victory over MMA legend Kazushi Sakuraba from a K-1 Hero's event changed to a No Contest after admitting that he had applied lotion to his body before the fight; making it near-impossible for his grappling-focused opponent to snag a takedown.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery' Empty Re: Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery'

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:53 pm

I remember during the fight after he felt bispings body, he looked at his hand and wiped it.

on the contrary to the criticsim, Akiyama is in a better position than anyone to be making accusations about greasing, he is a seasoned vet of greasing.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery' Empty Re: Yoshihiro Akiyama Says Michael Bisping Felt 'Slippery'

Post  Sly Uses Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:10 pm

was about to mention Akiyama's greasing before reading the OP. To be fair though, according to him he didnt grease on purpose with the lotion. He wasnt definitely a cheat basically.

He only briefly touched him when he went for the takedown. Doubt he could tell if he 'felt greasy' or whatever

Last edited by IamFluffykins on Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Thats some sour grapes there from someone who tries to make out they are respectful.
    He's a proven cheat,he showed no respect towards Belcher,before and after he was gifted the win,he disrespected Leban before they fought and now he gets easily beat by Bisping,so he comes out with this shit.

Just because you have a fake personna with his,fake bows,holding his team mates hands and have the ring entrance of a respectful Japanese cultured fighter,does not in any way mean he is that respectful person.

anyway dana has promised a top 5 fighter for bispings next fight.
    I believe it will be the loser between Nate and Okami,since I think the winner gets a shot at the title.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=5473
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:10 am

Easily beaten by Bisping? He won the first round and was the only one that came close to finishing the fight.

So Nate the Grease vs The Cunt Bitchping. Hmmmm.........can they both lose?? Nate, despite being average, will destroy him.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:02 am

yeah no doubt about it,the way that fight went over three rds,Bisping easily won it,it wassn't even disputable,one of bispings best UFC performances and one of his easiest wins,Akiyama threatened with a big right hand haymaker and that was it,everywhere else in the fight Bisping won and he won it convincingly.

I do think that either Nate or Okami will beat him though but I do think Bisping stands a better chance against Okami.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:54 am

Not too much of a doubt on the verdict, but, was more a case of Akiyama being fucking abysmal, as opposed to Bitchping having his best performance in the octagon.

Just hope that UFC does give Bisping a decent fighter next. I didn't give him much of a chance against Akiyama, but I thought that Akiyama would have learned his lesson from his previous two fights. I was wrong.

Amazing how far a man, with no punch power, no punch resistance and bad takedown skills can get in this division.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:53 pm

payneNglory1 wrote:
    anyway dana has promised a top 5 fighter for bispings next fight
    I kinda lol'd when he said that. Making out as if the UFC has actual rankings.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:11 pm

IamFluffykins wrote:
    payneNglory1 wrote:
    anyway dana has promised a top 5 fighter for bispings next fight
    I kinda lol'd when he said that. Making out as if the UFC has actual rankings.

yeah i love the ufc but kinda get the feeling fights are made for entertainment purposes.
    mikeyboybisping
    mikeyboybisping
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  mikeyboybisping Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:25 am

What a bad loser, Bisping whipped him.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 am

im more disappointed with akiyama's preformance he is ver static dosent move around much.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:37 am