THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

UFC 104 Weigh-ins

Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

UFC 104 Weigh-ins Empty UFC 104 Weigh-ins

Post  Paddyjock Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:39 pm

A couple of points from the weigh-in

1. What the fuck was that on Ben Rothwell's head?
    2. Rumble looked fucked from cutting weight. I think he was a heavy favourite tonight but I wouldn't be too sure after seeing his condition at the weigh in
    3. How ripped is Ryan Bader - he looks in great shape for his fight
    4. Machida - 202lbs???

Discuss............
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 104 Weigh-ins Empty Re: UFC 104 Weigh-ins

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:52 pm

1. Ben Rothwell is on chemo.

2. yeah Rumble walked on in sweats, he looked like he was about to collapse and then missed weight by 6 lbs, that is a large amount of weight to miss by, thats like being a newborn baby overweight, apparently he cuts form like 230 lbs or someting like that, it serves him right if he gasses 30 seconds in and gets beaten, stupid to think you can cut that much weight.

3. Ryan Bader might just be the future star of the division; he is huge at 205, undefeated and has been impressive every time i can remember seeing him, stupid nickname though.

4. What weight has Machida weighed in at before, anyone know? He usually looks a little bit pudgy (lil bit) but he looked pretty ripped this time, maybe he has improved his diet (less piss) and he is in better shape? i dunno, he was always a legit 205 lber but never huge at 205, neither way Shogun though, they probably both know that size wont be much of a factor in this fight.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:08 pm

Machida weighed in at 203 pounds in his last fight i remember, Shogun did look like he had slight size advantage, but i dont think that will matter much in the fight, 2 very contrasting fighters, Machida has probably set up to be too quick for Shogun.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:12 pm

Rothwell is home with the downies. Or something of that nature.

Rumble looks like he's just survived a famine. Dana should make him fight at 185. It's unsafe to cut so much so quickly.

Bader is going to be a great fighter. A future champion when Machida retires IMO.

Machida looks in his best ever condition. Shogun looked great as well. I really think Shogun should consider 185 after this fight. I think he'd beat Vitor, Nate and Anderson. Hendo is the only one i see beating him and he might not be in the UFC for much longer.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:28 pm