THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

UFC 103 Weigh ins...

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 103 Weigh ins... Empty UFC 103 Weigh ins...

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:04 pm

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
    Vitor Belfort (196) vs. Rich Franklin (195)
    Junior Dos Santos (236) vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (226)
    Paul Daley (170) vs. Martin Kampmann (169.5)
    Frank Trigg (170.25) vs. Josh Koscheck (170)
    Hermes Franca (159) vs. Tyson Griffin (155.5)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
    Cole Miller (155) vs. Efrain Escudero (156)
    Tomasz Drwal (185) vs. Drew McFedries (185.25)

PRELIMINARY CARD (Un-aired)
    Steve Lopez (154.5) vs. Jim Miller (154.5)
    Rafaello Oliveira (155.25) vs. Nick Lentz (155)
    Brian Foster (170.75) vs. Rick Story (170)
    Jason Brilz (205.25) vs. Eliot Marshall (204.75)
    Igor Pokrajac (203) vs. Vladimir Matyushenko (205)
    Rob Emerson (155.5) vs. Rafael dos Anjos (155.5)

So everyone besides Franca looks good to go, Belfort struggled a little which is a bit of a suprise considering he was fighting at 185. I think he might hae just underestimated the weight cut a little. Dos Santos looked a lot bigger than Cro Cop, he only came in 10 pounds bigger but he is taller and more henched. Its noting new to Cro Cop but I wonder if it will make a difference. A lot of my favourite fighters are on this card, most notably Franklin. I like Dos Santos, Griffin and Miller as well.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 103 Weigh ins... Empty Re: UFC 103 Weigh ins...

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:36 pm

http://mmabay.co.uk/Video%2000653.html

Really cool buildup, I really see Rich getting messed up in this one. Belfort is a monster. His footwork and handspeed looked incredible. I think he is younger, faster, stronger and a better technical striker than Rich as well as having better groundwork. Rich has some range on him and probabally cardio (as he has over pretty much everyone!) But it looks an unwinable figth for Rich, I just cant see Rich outstriking him and I dont see him wanting a grappling match either. Punch resistance wise they both are tough as they come but Rich has been KO'd more... I just think this one is a terrible fight for him. I really admire Rich always taking such tough fights that sometimes he has more to loose than gain from Im qickly becoming a real Franklin fan.

Reportedly Dana said that if Vitor wins he is a contender for a fight for Anderson title... He is still my call to be the man to dethrone Anderson!
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 pm

What the hell is Franca playing at????????????????

He should not be allowed to fight IMO, it has been a bizzare weekend for weigh-ins, besides from the 3 UFC guys, Mayweather also failed to make weight......

I think Dos Santos and Belfort will win by KO.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:12 pm

Frank trigg is the spit of Kurt Angle! Id actually love to see him get the job done against Kos... But I cant see it happening its like Coleman vs Tito... the hateable bleached hair guy is just younger and more phyhsical!! I think Kos is going to out wrestle him.

Im confident Belfort will win but not Mirko, Im 50/50 about Dos Santos and Crocop... Really depends on which Mirko shows up. You can never forget Mirko smashed Barnett and Wandy in one night to win that Openweight title!! On form the guy is well above Dis Santos... But I dont know if he will ever return to his best. Its a great fight I think im 55/45 that Dos Santos will come in with the quicker hands and more weigth behind him and take the win.. I hope im wrong because nothing would make me happier than seeing Mirko back to his best. But if im still shocked that he keeps fighting at Heavy.. the guy has been 220ish most of his career... guys like Rampage, Coleman (at his age), Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz... And I dont know how many other 205ers are cutting from higher weights.

If this UFC goes the way I want we could see Nog vs Crocop 2 and Anderson vs Belfort at some stage! Dana said that Belfort might get a shot if he beats Rich abd Ive heard over and over than not only does Crocop want a Nog remacth but it was part of his contract to be brought back, As well as all sorts of rumours that this rematch could happen for the number 1 contender spot.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Here is how i would like Joe Silva to shape up the HW division in next few months....

Assuming Mirko and Mir win their next fights, i would like to see Nog-Crocop 2, and Mir-Gonzaga, and 2 winners will fight for title shot at the Champ.

Brock will be kept busy with Carwin at 106 and possibly Cain after that if Rumours of Cain getting a title shot if he beats Rothwell are true.

Alot of potential mouth-watering fights are available for UFC HW division.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:21 am

Here's the thing if Franklin makes it out of the first round he looks good for the win. Belfort has always had conditionin problems and Franklin is one of the best conditioned guys in MMA. Franklin has the better wrestling so what I think he should do is take Belfort down, avoid the first rush and tire Belfort out. His BJJ is good enough t nulify any submission offence from Belfort. Second round, then Franklin can start strikng, throwing kicks the body and keeping the distance just like he did against Wandy. Im quite confident Rich can win this, he just needs to fight smart. Belort is always dangrous, but get out of the first 3 minutes and he begins to crumble. He is 4-5 with decisions and those wins weren't aginst the most impressive, well conditioned opponents.

Im more confident that Dos Santos will win, his boxing looked phenominal in the training video and we know he has power. Training with Lil Nog and A Silva will definitley help his boxing and his BJJ has to be pretty good considering where he trains. His Purple belt is more legit than most guys black belts. I doubt it will go to the ground anyway. Anyway considering Kongo outstruck Cro Cop for two rounds I think some one with faster hand speed like Dos Santos can as well. Im expecting a finish.

It would be a bad day for me if both Dos Santos and Franklin lost so here's hoping im righ Very Happy

Oh and im pretty sure Trigg is the long lost brother of Angle. Either way I think Kos, as long as he doesn't think he is a k1 boxer should win this. Hopefully im wrong because Kos pisses the hell out of me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:34 pm