THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+3
redmeanie77
Toquinho
manschesthair_utd
7 posters

aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham  Empty aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:37 pm

Spoiler:

Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham  Empty Re: aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham

Post  Toquinho Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:44 pm

The rules obviously weren't in his favour, but he doesn't look in great shape at all
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham  Empty Re: aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:53 pm

just out of interest thought i would post this.

check out this fight, starting 3 minutes in.... affraid

Toquinho
    Toquinho
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Toquinho Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:59 pm

why have i never seen that before, that was an awesome ko. Graham is looking tired then BANG
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:03 am

He looks awful

aleksander emelianenko vs peter graham  AE_open_training_Khabarovsk_6
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:24 am

Wow he is in terrible shape! Stupid move to fight such a good kickboxer in pretty much a stand up fight, last time I saw those rules was butterbean vs cabbage!!

what a video chesty, never seen that one either! Shit he lost, I always hoped he would get the all clear to fight in the US one day, after taking a loss like that.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:40 pm

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm

hmmmmmm....

ouch!

difficult what to make of that.

despite being horribly out of shape, aleks is such an accurate puncher he was troubling graham on the feet, until the monster kicks started to take effect, he was smart switching stance in the second round, but it meant by the end both of his legs were fucked.

The rules seemed even stricter than i had thought, Aleks would have easily won in regular MMA, maybe even in these rules if he was in better shape.
    not as bad as i anticipated from aleks.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Still being in that shape is shocking, think he got used to crushing cans and paid the price for it... he would have won that fight with grappling allowed for more than 30 seconds but he signed for the fight and knew what to expect... going into a fight with a guy who KO'd Badr Hari standing when you cant even beat a journeyman boxing should have indicated this one wasnt winable on the feet...

He diserved to loose and I think he might get removed from the JMO list at Heavy, cant see him being relevant again.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:45 pm

you really cant see him being relevant again?

i dont think its that hard to get back in shape, he is a really talented fighter who can get to the top if he wants to, so im not counting him out.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:00 pm

i dont think its that hard to get back in shape, he is a really talented fighter who can get to the top if he wants to, so im not counting him out.

Well that's just it really. I don't think he really cares. I don't disagree with you, if he got his head straight then I could see him getting into the top 10 and signing with the UFC or Strikeforce. I think at his best, he could be top 5 in the UFC, I can't see him beating Velasquez or JDS, but I think he'd have pretty good chances to beat Lesnar, Mir and Carwin if he gets out of the first round.

But if I had to put money on it, I don't think he will get his head straight and continue fighting bums.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 pm

That was just plain awful from Aleks,completely out of shape and terrible sloppy striking from him also,I don't see how anyone can find any positives for him from that performance.

what a shame and what a waste of talent,I personally can't see him getting his shit together to ever be relevant at the top end of MMA,I'd be happy to be wrong but I just can't see it.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 pm

Look at his record over the last 2-3 yrs even before this fight when he was in shape, he is just not foccused testing himself against the top fighters in MMA.

He can get back, but i dont think he will. Although he wasnt that bad in this fight, he would have won for sure if it was normal rules.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:39 pm

looking at him you wouldnt think he was fedor's brother. lol. in the first vid although not the whole fight it looks to me like a low blow that sent him down.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:37 pm