THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+6
ChelseaQuinsfan
Moose Stuff For Money...
Paolo_73
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
rudeboyben84
10 posters

Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!! Empty Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!!

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm

"Many, including myself, were shocked to see that multiple time “World’s Strongest Man” Mariusz Pudzianowski was to compete in an MMA event. It would be an understatement to say his MMA debut went well, but now he’s lining up another fight, with a big step up in competition.

The news that was first published in the Oskar Berezowski/Polska newspaper and then translated by MiddleEasy is that following his very successful debut, which he won in just 43 seconds of the first round, Mariusz Pudzianowski is now in talks to face PRIDE veteran Aleksander Emelianenko in April 2010.

Where as Mariusz Pudzianowski has one win on his professional record, Emelianenko is currently riding a six fight win streak, all of which came by the way of referee stoppage in the first round."
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is one ill be really looking forward to! Aleks hasnt had a good MMA fight in ages and this one will be high profile altight! Fair play to Mariusz Aleks is a top 20 ranked heavy so its a huge step up from some boxer making his MMA debut.
    Albion_Oakley
    Albion_Oakley
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!!

Post  Albion_Oakley Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:56 pm

I saw the title of this post and started foaming at the mouth. I hope this happens so very much.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Mariusz Pudzianowski in talks to face Aleksander Emelianenko in April!!!!!!!!

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 pm

I will be looking forward to seeing this fight.

It's deffinately a big step up from his last fight,but it's not a stupidly big jump up in class,I think it's quite a good move for Mariusz.

At least Alexs won't cower away and hopefully we will at least see how Mariusz handles a punch this time.

Last edited by payneNglory1 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Aleks KO's him in the 1st and makes him reconsider his career change! Laughing Maby this will be the push Aleks needs to get into the big leagues again! Id love him to knuckle down and get his MMA career back on track. I cant see Mariusz' James Thompson style "Gong and Dash" tactics working with Aleks!
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Dangerous for Aleks - nothing to gain from beating a freakshow, and everything to lose by losing.

If MP can make 265 and spends 6 months at Extreme Couture then Brock Lesnar should be lying awake at night. The man is a monster.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 pm

Well have to see, his technique is terrible, one of the worst ive seen and his chin is totally untested, we still know very little about him as a figher but a fight with Aleks will tell us everything we need to know.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 am

I feel a tad sceptical that this fight will go ahead but I hope I'm wrong.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Why the hell would he look for a fight like this so soon? His standup is some of the worst ive ever seen, okay he is a monster but Aleks is no joke. Good striker and a good grappler, with limited experience how will Mariuz fair? Its a good fight for sure and it will tell us a lot about both guys.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:54 pm

great fight Smile cant wait to see this Aleks has to keep his chin down and hands up during this and use his foot work he should have too much for Pudzianowski and take him out late in the first
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 pm

Or Not...

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%2003998.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Russian heavyweight, Alexander Emelianenko has given his thoughts on a possible showdown in April with multi-time World’s Strongest Man, Mariusz Pudzianowski.

Speaking to ProMMAInfo.com, Alexander said:

“I am already contracted with PROFC organization for a fight in Moscow in April 2010 and I heard he wanted to fight with me about that time, so yet we cannot fight. Alex Emelianenko would win by KO or submit him if he would settle the fight on the ground. I have a great experience in fighting with such big and strong fighters.”

Pudzianowski certainly made an impression on the MMA world when he destroyed his first career opponent in the first minute with the kind of intensity rarely seen inside the ring. Can he do the same against a seasoned veteran such as Emelianenko?

Is this real? Why is Aleks talking about himself in 3rd person and spelling his name wrong... Crazy MMAbay story probabally!! Still I wonder who Aleks is fighting in PROFC?
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 pm

The issue I have is that when fighters are inexperienced and lack technique, its sometimes hard to improve (KIMBO, point proven Smile)

As exited as I am about seeing him fight, and the potential of this fight, I feel he is just a strong man, as he was and always will be.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:18 pm

the good news is
    a) that pudzian WANTS Aleks, so hopefully we will see this fight eventually, after Pudzian gets a bit more experience.
    b) Aleks is definitley fighting in April.

Aleks is a high level fighter in all areas, but can anyone stop the dominator when he goes into bezerker mode?
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:39 pm

theres the full interview, interesting that he talks about a Boxing title show! I dont see that happening after seeing his Boxing debut! But interestingthat he talks about Signing with Strikeforce, that would be an interesting move.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Greetings from America Alex, first we would like to wish you and your family a merry Christmas and happy New Year, and thank you for speaking to us at ProMMA.info, it has been some time since we spoke to you last. How are you doing?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: Hello to PROMMA readers and thanks for the greetings. Now I am training hard for my future fights and also training my team, AE TEAM.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: How do you and your family celebrate Christmas and what will you be doing this year for Christmas and the New Year?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: New Year for us is a family party and usually we celebrate it in family circle. We wanted to go to Stary Oskol to celebrate this holy day with my mother and Fedor, but situation has changed at the last moment.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: You only got to fight one time in 2009. Are you disappointed you only had one fight this year? How many times a year do you like to fight?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: I am not disappointed at all and it is all about the circumstances. This year gave me an opportunity to open new aspects of myself. Particularly, I made a debut as a professional boxer. It is a great experience for me.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: We have heard talk of a possible fight between you and 5-time World’s Strongest Man, Mariusz Pudzianowski. Is this a fight you would like to take and if so, when do you think it may happen?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: I am already contracted with PROFC organization for a fight in Moscow in April 2010 and I heard he wanted to fight with me about that time, so yet we can not fight.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Did you watch Mariusz Pudzianowski’s fight in his MMA debut at KSW 12, with his win over Marcin Najman? What did you think about the performance if you saw it?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: No I didn`t see that fight but saw his pics in the Internet. I will look through his technique in the near time certainly.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: How would prepare for and fight someone like Pudzianowski who is so big and strong? How would Alexander Emelianenko defeat
    Pudzianowski?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: Alex Emelyanenko would win by KO or submit him if he would settle the fight on the ground. I have a great experience in fighting with such big and strong fighters.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Who are you training with these days Alex? Do you still train with your brother Fedor very often?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: No we are not training with Fedor now because he is Stary Oskol and I am in Saint-Petersburg. Now I am training under supervision of my personal coach Yuriy Razumov and taking sparring with Valery Brudov which is preparing for championship belt fight in boxing in WBO. Also I am training my team.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Did you see your brother’s fight versus Brett Rogers? What was your opinion of the fight and Fedor’s performance?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: Yes I saw that fight and it was excellent. Fedor performed great and without any remarks. Confident win, perfect technique, he is a champion. There could not be another outcome.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: It seems Fedor will fight Fabricio Werdum in his next fight. Werdum was one of your only losses. How do you think Fedor will perform against Werdum, and how dangerous is that fight for Fedor?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: That loss was a pure accident and now a could easily knock him out, so there will not be any difficulties for Fedor to beat Werdum.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Could you please tell us your honest opinion of Fedor’s management and Vadim Finkelstein? Do you think he is a good manager for Fedor? - Why do you think they do not want him to fight in the UFC?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: I’m not competent to answer this questions and making out their relations is not my business. If Fedor works with Vadim therefore it suits him.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: When can your fans see you back inside the ring to fight again, Alex?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: My next fight is going to be in Moscow in 2010 but probably my fans might see me fighting much sooner.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Would you like to fight for Strikeforce and have you talked with Strikeforce about possibly fighting for them?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: I would enjoy fighting there. Hope to make it very soon.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: There was a problem last time when you were going to fight with Affliction, an issue where you could not get the license. Would that be a problem again - can you get licensed to fight in America?
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: There will not be problems like that anymore and I can pass all necessary steps to get licenced just after signing a contract with the American organization.

WWW.PROMMA.INFO: Alexander, thank you again for speaking to us at www.promma.info. We wish you a great new year and Christmas for you and your family and I know all your fans can not wait to see you fight again. Take care my friend.
    ALEXANDER EMELIANENKO: I wish you all a robust health in New Year and thank you for a pleasant talk and thank you for supporting me all this year!
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:08 pm

Should the fight go ahead, I cannot see Mariusz coming away with anything other than a loss. Aleks should be way too clever for him. Mariusz has appalling technique. If it does go ahead, you have to give the big guy some credit for wanting the step up, I just think that it will be too much too soon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:27 am