THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
manschesthair_utd
payneNglory1
6 posters

KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement Empty KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:47 pm

KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement 0001

KSW Federation has informed MMA Spot that KSW owners Maciej Kawulski and Martin Lewandowski recently met with Russian MMA fighter and Pride Fighting Championships veteran, Aleksander Emelianenko, at the Hyatt hotel, in Warsaw, Poland. Under discussion was Emelianenko’s participation in upcoming KSW events. According their report, the meeting was both substantive and amenable to the parties involved, as a verbal agreement was reached.

The special invitation extended to Emelianenko from the Polish MMA promotion was considered a success, with all participants content with the results. “We have a verbal agreement in place with Aleksander and we can reveal that Polish MMA fans will be soon able to see this formidable fighter in the KSW ring,” Lewandowski and Kawulski announced.

http://www.mmaspot.net/index.php/redblack/comments/20100730_ksw_owners_meet_with_aleksander_emelianenko_reach_verbal_agreement/

I hope he's not signed up to fight Pudz,The Bean should fight pudz and aleks should fight Timmeh cheers
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement Empty Re: KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:32 am

for KSW?? great news

for Aleks?? maybe good for him but i dont know if they have any good fighters to match him with.

for us?? good for KSW = good for MMA fans, they are a great run promotion.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement Empty Re: KSW Owners Meet With Aleksander Emelianenko, Reach Verbal Agreement

Post  the_king Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:18 am

i think this is very poor not for alexander but because of the poor fights he will have david olivia is their heavyweight champ never heard of him and other fights include Moise Rimbon and Alexey Oleinik both hardly any good
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Aleks doesnt seem much interested in fighting top competition. He might as well face Pudz, at least it will be entertaining.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 am

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:38 pm

is there a cure???

pale

if not then this is an mma tragedy.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Shame to hear, I think Hep C is cureable in 50-80% of cases but ID assume Aleks' isnt or he would have been sorted by now.

Ive lost a lot of respect for him because he hid it and denied it and fought other fighters while running the risk of infecting them.

I think this is the last we hear of Aleks.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:15 pm

hep c is not curable but it can be neutolized. meaning he will always have a form of it. im sad its happened.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:28 pm

isnt this confidential anyway??

how was it leaked?
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Aleks Emelianenko Have No Idea Where The Information Of Hepatitis C Came From

According to sports.ru, Aleks Emelianenko talks about the recent issue involving him to Hepatitis C.

“I was negotiating with two organizations in Poland. We were practically on the same page with KSW, but didn’t get to anything concrete. We waited for their offer for a long time. Same situation happened with Sergey Golyaev, whom they were dealing with through me. In both situations, their lack of response was so long that we lost all the interest. I realized they are just not interested in me as in someone they would like to see in their tournaments. So, I started talking to an organization from Poznan (Poland), which is a direct competition to KSW.

I’ve no idea where this information came from. Both myself and my fighters will go to Europe to take a medical exam to disprove these rumors. It’s just mudslinging someone started on the Internet to discredit people. We contacted a person from KSW who started this rumor, questioning where he got this information. In the next couple of days, maybe today or tomorrow, I expect his explanation regarding the official statement he made on TV”

sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 pm

To be blunt (and I hate to say this) I don't believe him. We know the CSAC said he'll never fight in the US, and this latest claim from KSW only corroborates all that's gone before.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:01 am

if someone asked me or you before this why aleks was not fighting in the big leagues...i would probably say "because of the hepititis".
    maybe the guy was just saying what is widely rumoured.

i dont know who is right though.
    i just hope he doesnt have it.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:32 am

KSW Co-Owner Denies Hepatitis C Reports; Talks With A. Emelianenko Ongoing

While multiple news sites reported last week that KSW had cut off negotiations with Aleksander Emelianenko due to Emelianenko having Hepatitis C, KSW representatives are denying such rumors. According to KSW co-owner Martin Lewandowski, they have heard the rumors of Emelianenko having the disease, but nothing had been confirmed to them, and that negotiations are still in progress. Lewandowski further stated that the decision to match Polish superstar Mariusz Pudzianowski against Eric “Butterbean” Esch had little to do with Emelianenko’s situation.

In a conversation with MMA Spot last week, Lewandowski stated, “I did not get any report saying he has some problems. When I heard he is sick I asked directly Alex's management but they replied, ‘Only rumors’. When he came to Poland on our invitations I asked him face to face about some serious health problems, he said that everything is fine. If he is sick, it would be very irresponsible for him telling any promoter this lie. Any contract can be broken with such reason and sooner or later everybody will know. The reasons he is not fighting against Pudzianowski are different but I must say this issue was considered also.”

“I am in the process of negotiating the contract for Alex. I am in charge of all talks between them and KSW,” Lewandowski reaffirmed today. Asked if any new information had come to him about the allegations of Emelianenko’s Hepatitis C, he responded “Not in our organization. All of the stories of his illness we have heard are unofficial, and from different people.”

Lewandowski and KSW are in the process of putting together KSW 14 for September 18, the company’s largest event to date. Esch will meet Pudzianowski at super heavyweight, in the main event. Along with several other bouts, KSW also added high powered lightweight tournament to card. The tournament features: Kazuki Tokudome (5-1-1), Maciej Giorski (8-4), and Artur Sowinski (8-3). UFC veteran Per Eklund is also rumored to be entered into the 8-man elimination tournament.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:57 pm