THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

2 posters

overeem v Emelianenko

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

overeem v Emelianenko Empty overeem v Emelianenko

Post  the_king Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 pm

A bout between Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem(33-11) and former SAMBO champ Aleksander Emelianenko(17-3) is apparently in the works and the bout is currently being listed on the website of Polish fight organization Strefa Walk.

While it is listed on the organization’s website it is apparently currently in the negotiation phase according to an email from Golden Glory Manager Bas Boon to MMArocks.pl.

This fight is intriguing for several reasons and not just for the Strikeforce drama. Aleksander has faced scrutiny after a not being cleared for his 2008 Afflicition bout. Which was originally rumored to have been due to a positive Hepatitis test but was later revealed to be an issue with traveling to the United States.

Also of note that Aleksander does not practice with his brother Fedor’s team having decided to start his own team.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

overeem v Emelianenko Empty Re: overeem v Emelianenko

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:49 pm

Just though id reply cause no one else bothered to! Laughing

Fights off mate, Overeem confirmed it a few weeks ago. It was just a rumor. Aleks has Hep.C and wont be fighting anyone of note again.

Sad that a guy who IMO could have been top 3 went out like that Crying or Very sad
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:03 pm

its still listed on the website mate

http://www.strefawalk.com/
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm

From Overeems Twitter....

“For the record: I will fight in the K-1 and not against Alexander E. I read something on the web and I’m not fighting him”

Id take his word for it, Overeem is in the running for top heavyweight in the world these days he could end up the number 1 guy in a couple of fights.

I really doubt he will fight Aleks and risk getting Hep C.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:34 am