THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
Sly Uses
Xmas
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd Empty Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd 1733827

It looks like during a Russian game-show called 'Big Races' (which is shot in France), Aleksander Emelianenko participated in a competition with a bull to see if he was more of a 'beast' than an actual beast. Not sure on the exact details of the contest, but from what I understand, it involved a no-rules match that somehow included urine.

In the end of the competition, the bull stepped on Aleksander's face and knocked out two of his teeth. From the reports, the studio was literally filled with blood and Alek was rushed to a local French hospital to insert his two teeth which he apparently picked up after the incident. Keep in mind, this is the same guy who hunts bears with knives.

It looks like the studio covered all insurance cost after the incident which would make complete sense if they actually though pitting a human versus a bull in a competition was a good idea.
    ------------------------------------------------

Jesus fighting a bull!!! I wonder if it paid as well as MMA! Laughing The Dude is straight up bad ass, I really want to even see him in Dream. Ive accepted he is never going to the US but I still dont know why we arent seeing him in Sengoku or Dream....

Also I think im dropping him from the rankings, I think he has really faded into obscurity in recent years. What do people think?
    Xmas
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd Empty Re: Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd

Post  Xmas Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:02 pm

I think dropping him from the rankings is fair enough as he hasn't fought anyone relevent for a while.But I think we need to know if he beat the bull first, if he dd I would move him up the rankings.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd Empty Re: Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd

Post  Sly Uses Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:04 pm

this bull is one of the new breed of heavyweights, lets see if he can cut to 265 or not
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Mad Cow disease vs Hep B what a superfight!

Id rank the bull as top 15 though I think it weighed the same as Bob Sapp, Choi and Butterbean combined!

Miodrag Petkovic was a half passible win and Dan "THE BULL" Bobbish was a big 350lbs monster... and he has been destroying everyone he touches.... or doesnt in Eddy Bengtsson case. Laughing

Im really in 2 minds about dropping him, he has fought absolute cans since the Werdum loss but is 8-0 with 8 1st round wins over Cans all the same.

cheers for the feedback Xmas, people have been calling for him to be dropped before. Whos your call to fit in at number 15? I was thinking Nelson seemed the obvious choice?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 pm

Aleks out, Nelson in really is the only thing to do. This bull is probably the most passible fight he's had in 4 years!

PS, damn you Ben, the title of this thread is so misleading Sad
    Xmas
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Xmas Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Overeem has fought cans for 2 years and it didn't do him any harm, But Aleks really needs to find a decent org. Both fighters have the ability but unlike Overeem, Aleks still doesn't seem to want to test himself anymre.

It's hard to put Nelson in the top 15, he has recent loses to both AA and Monson, but is on a 2 fight win streak against Schaub (not even top 25 and relativley new) and Struve who again is not in the top 20/25. If he fought those two outside of the UFC would he make to 15??

Is two wins over top 20-30 guys better than 8 wins over worse fighters?? As they say no fight is easy and one moment can change make a difference.

I am not being any help to the rankings.
    Xmas
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Xmas Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:55 pm

On the rankings front. If Timmeh wins his next fight and Nelson loses. What about Sylvia?? Apart from the loss against Mercer (punchers chance) as I said every fighter is dangerous and a very unlucky loss to Nog he doesn't have a bad record. I would put Timmeh in at 15 if he wins.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Xmas wrote:Overeem has fought cans for 2 years and it didn't do him any harm, But Aleks really needs to find a decent org. Both fighters have the ability but unlike Overeem, Aleks still doesn't seem to want to test himself anymre.

It's hard to put Nelson in the top 15, he has recent loses to both AA and Monson, but is on a 2 fight win streak against Schaub (not even top 25 and relativley new) and Struve who again is not in the top 20/25. If he fought those two outside of the UFC would he make to 15??

Is two wins over top 20-30 guys better than 8 wins over worse fighters?? As they say no fight is easy and one moment can change make a difference.

I am not being any help to the rankings.

At least Overeem fought NAME cans. And also Struve was on a good little run at the time of the Nelson fight.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Tim isnt a bad shout mate! Maby just keep Aleks at 15 till someone moves ahead of the others, I agree about Nelson and said before theres probabally no point in including Nelson because JDS is going to give him a beating!

Theres a lot around 15th who are close, Rizzo? Sylvia? Kongo? Nelson? Im sure someone like Shane Del Rosario will be looking to make a statment soon etc..

Maby I should just please myself and declare Minowaman a top 15! He only really lost to guys who werent heavies!!

cheers

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd MINOWA_PROFILE
    Xmas
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Post  Xmas Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:23 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Tim isnt a bad shout mate! Maby just keep Aleks at 15 till someone moves ahead of the others, I agree about Nelson and said before theres probabally no point in including Nelson because JDS is going to give him a beating!

Theres a lot around 15th who are close, Rizzo? Sylvia? Kongo? Nelson? Im sure someone like Shane Del Rosario will be looking to make a statment soon etc..

Maby I should just please myself and declare Minowaman a top 15! He only really lost to guys who werent heavies!!

cheers

Aleks Emelianenko looses by Stomps TKO'd MINOWA_PROFILE

I will back you up on Minowaman, you could argue he deserves it after wins over Choi, Sapp and Soko recently. He would no doubt break the top 15 if he stayed at his own weight..assuming he would be middleweight.

Struve is a good win for Nelson but would that justify him being a top 15?? Another win over a similarly ranked fighter would push him in the top 15 but UFC are being a bit harsh throwing him in with JDS with out testing him with a top 10-15 first.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:21 am

If Aleks would dedicate himself to fighting properly he'd be a top 5 or 6 HW.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:32 pm

after reading this about the bull i decided to wikipedia Aleksander Emelianenko and noticed werdum beat him so does that mean we can call werdum the Emelianenko killer
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Wow Wikipedia has him as "The Emelianenko Hunter" Laughing

Quality, like the gracie hunter! I reckon he should go after Ivan next!

Fedor
    Overeem
    Aleks
    Bigfoot
    Gonzaga
    Vera

Only Bigfoot made it the distance! Shocked Pretty impressive going. Though a lot of people still arent sold on him. Im one. I bet UFC are kicking themselves for letting him go. I think it was partly because the AA fight was so boring!!
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:03 pm

lol i never went onto werdums wiki page, only read aleks.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Werdum's losses can all be redeemed IMO. I'd back him to beat Nog, Arlovski and Kharitonov. He can make two of those fights happen in Strikeforce and there's always a chance to meet Nog down the line. I'd give him a great chance against JDS if he came in motivated and in shape.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:15 pm

wow that is one the craziest things iv ever heard what a bad ass lol
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Fedor
    Overeem
    Aleks
    Bigfoot
    Gonzaga
    Vera

Only Bigfoot made it the distance! Pretty impressive going. Though a lot of people still arent sold on him. Im one. I bet UFC are kicking themselves for letting him go. I think it was partly because the AA fight was so boring!!

Those are some very impressive wins, Werdum is a great fighter. I think he has the best BJJ in the HW division right now and his striking is solid. That Arvloski fight was terrible though, I think both guys were scared of losing that fight. It's a little bizzare, Arvloski is such an exciting fighter but he has been in two of the worst fights ever!

Werdum's losses can all be redeemed IMO. I'd back him to beat Nog, Arlovski and Kharitonov. He can make two of those fights happen in Strikeforce and there's always a chance to meet Nog down the line. I'd give him a great chance against JDS if he came in motivated and in shape.

I think he would beat Nog now, but im not sure on the other three. Arvloski, ofc if he got out of this rot, I think is just a terrible matchup for him because of Arvloski's excellent boxing. Same applies with Sergie if he was in good shape and JDS. Werdum doesn't handle boxers too well, and all three of those guys have excellent boxing for MMA fighters. Arvloski and JDS are also really quick fighters. I think Arvloski would be the hardest to beat because he has good takedown defence and could defend himself on the ground if he got taken down. Nog in his prime did, but I think he is just a little too slow right now and Werdum would either pick him apart on the feet winning a UD or taking him down constantly and looking for subs.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 pm

BUMP!!

Aleks vs the bull

greatest gameshow ever?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 2:43 pm