THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Aleks on Crocop

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Aleks on Crocop Empty Aleks on Crocop

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:06 pm

Alex Emelianenko: "Crocop is a slacker living on old glory"

One of his best acts in career, Crocop performed against Alexander Emelianenko, younger brother of Fedor. It was in the year 2004, and Crocop looked great from the start, evading Alexs attempts only to brutally execute him with a high kick right after.

The left high kick sat on the head of 199 centimeter high giant who collapsed like a timber on the floor. Then, Crocop finished the already dazed Emelianenko with a few hits on the floor before the japanese referee managed to get in an stopped the further damage.

After the unpleasant landing, there was a story around that Fedor before the match asked his brother not to fight Filipovic because he is too young for souch a matchup. The rumors went the other way too, also saying that Fedor sent his younger brother to scout because it was soon his time to face the croatian master. Today, Alexander disbands the both theories. In his interview with "Sportske Novosti" (Sport News) he says he would defeat Crocop without much hassle today.

"He never wanted a rematch because he knew I would win"

"It is not the truth that Fedor told me to go Fight Mirko. Today, I would beat filipovic in hist best shape and thats why he didnt want to face me again. We offered him the rematch a couple of times, while Pride was still alive, and he didnt want to", says the younger brother Emeliananko who after the collapse of Pride is still looking for his big breaktrough and admits that he is negotiating with UFC.

"Then I had only 23 years of age. I was young and inexperienced for MMA. I lacked alot of things to be able to fight at that level", adds Alex, who is 28 now.

Alex then added a couple of words about the mythical fight between his elder brother and Crocop, fight that some claim to be the best in the history of MMA.

"I remember that I was pleased with his performance against Crocop, especially because he entered the ring with an uncured thumb injury", refered alex in short, evading to comment the journalists claim that Crocop gave the hardest fight ever in his career to the best fighter of today.

"Mirko is not physically powerful anymore"

The fall of Mirkos form after the switch to American cage the russian explained as the lack of preparation. He acused Crocop for lazyness and the life on old glory.

"He probably stopped training and to prepare for the matches as he used to do before, he started to slack. He decided to perform on his old glory, but the new kids are comming. Physically he doesnt seem as powerful as he was before, hes simply not in the shape."
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Aleks on Crocop Empty Re: Aleks on Crocop

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:09 pm

I dont know if Aleks really is going to persue a boxing career but I think its a bad Idea he doesnt have the skills to cut it at anywere near top level. He is a big name win off cracking the top 10 in MMA and Id really love to see him do it.

I honestly think there are a lot of the top 10 Id fancy his chances against.

Overeem? Mir? Barnett? I could certainly see him beating any of them maby not the favorite seeing as he lost to Barnett but id fancy him to win the rematch, Mir is hit and miss and Overeem has chin issues. Id put him as a big favorite against JDS as well.

I really hope he gets his shit togeather and sorts out an MMA career while he is still in his prime. He recently has looked in better shape than ever and said he is in talks with the UFC. If he cant go to the states whats stopping him fighting in DREAM?
    Paolo_73
    Paolo_73
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paolo_73 Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Why would Aleks expect CroCop to have accepted a rematch with him after he disposed of him decisively the first time? It's not as if the issue needed further closure....

It'd be great to see Aleks straighten up and string a few wins together, but his 'outside interests' will always get in the way.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:41 am

I'd love to see Aleks in the UFC it would maybe temp Fedor over there, although I don't believe we'll ever see Fedor fighting there, which to be hounist i'd give him big respect for.

I think Aleks could shake things up abit in the UFC add a new edge.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 am