THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+2
Shanemc
The_Axe_Emperor
6 posters

Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first

The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first Empty Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Legendary MMA heavyweight Don Frye has predicted Randy Couture will soon beat Cain Velasquez to win a sixth UFC title, insisting The Natural would "whoop Cain's ass".

Frye fought 11 times in the UFC, winning ten, and his aggressive wrestling base combined with trademark moustache won him a squadron of diehard fans. The Predator competed back when rounds did not exist in the UFC, once going over 11 minutes with Mark Coleman, and he claims some of the present generation need to remember that they are fighters.

"Sometimes you get these guys in there who are worried about their hair and being on TV," Frye was quoted as saying by Hurtsbad. "They're not interested in fighting. They're not in there to win, they're in there to not lose. There is a hell of a difference."

Frye's interest will always largely rest in the heavyweight division, where he is pleased to see Brock Lesnar no longer holding the UFC strap.

"We have all had to watch Brock Lesnar fart around. That guy is an embarrassment," said Frye. "God damn, you get to hand pick his opponents for him for a while then someone who is a half way decent athlete comes along and hits him once and he pisses his pants and runs. If he wasn't in a cage he would still be running."

The "half way decent" comment can be understood as a derogatory assessment of new champion Velasquez who, in Frye's eyes, would lose comfortably to Couture.

"I'd never seen him fight until he fought that jackass Brock. He doesn't impress me, you could have sent a cheerleader in there to slap Brock around he's so afraid of getting hit.

"I'll bet $1,000 Randy can whoop Cain's ass. Randy can handle anybody that's 240 pounds. He handled Brock who was 280 at the time. The thing is Randy can't throw a punch through a wet paper bag, that's why he didn't hurt Brock but he can out wrestle Cain all night long."
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first Empty Re: Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first

Post  Shanemc Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:17 pm

cant see that happening at all but what an amazing story it would be if cain can get past dos santos and couture comes back and beats him for the belt it would well bypass what he did to timmeh
    poz
    poz
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first Empty Re: Couture to beat Cain and win his 6th UFC title, you heard it here first

Post  poz Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:58 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Legendary MMA heavyweight Don Frye has predicted Randy Couture will soon beat Cain Velasquez to win a sixth UFC title, insisting The Natural would "whoop Cain's ass".

Frye fought 11 times in the UFC, winning ten, and his aggressive wrestling base combined with trademark moustache won him a squadron of diehard fans. The Predator competed back when rounds did not exist in the UFC, once going over 11 minutes with Mark Coleman, and he claims some of the present generation need to remember that they are fighters.

"Sometimes you get these guys in there who are worried about their hair and being on TV," Frye was quoted as saying by Hurtsbad. "They're not interested in fighting. They're not in there to win, they're in there to not lose. There is a hell of a difference."

Frye's interest will always largely rest in the heavyweight division, where he is pleased to see Brock Lesnar no longer holding the UFC strap.

"We have all had to watch Brock Lesnar fart around. That guy is an embarrassment," said Frye. "God damn, you get to hand pick his opponents for him for a while then someone who is a half way decent athlete comes along and hits him once and he pisses his pants and runs. If he wasn't in a cage he would still be running."

The "half way decent" comment can be understood as a derogatory assessment of new champion Velasquez who, in Frye's eyes, would lose comfortably to Couture.

"I'd never seen him fight until he fought that jackass Brock. He doesn't impress me, you could have sent a cheerleader in there to slap Brock around he's so afraid of getting hit.

"I'll bet $1,000 Randy can whoop Cain's ass. Randy can handle anybody that's 240 pounds. He handled Brock who was 280 at the time. The thing is Randy can't throw a punch through a wet paper bag, that's why he didn't hurt Brock but he can out wrestle Cain all night long."
    Don Frye is a quality guy, and obviously Couture is a legend, but that might be a bet I'd take! Brilliant stuff about Lesnar though, perfectly summed up the Valesquez fight Smile
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:01 am

im a big randy fan but i dont think he could be cain to be honest.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:33 am

Cant see Randy being Handed a title shot, he isnt really that highly ranked and I think wants to stick to Lhw anyway.

Couture would need to beat the likes of Mir, Carwin, JDS or someone like that and I cant see it. Big Nog did him in after all.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Randy wouldn't make it out of the first round. Frye lives in a very strange world.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 5:06 pm