THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
Anfields5thKing
rudeboyben84
manschesthair_utd
the_king
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
11 posters

Report: Sonnen Has Been Undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy For at Least the Past Year and Assumed CSAC Knew !!

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Report: Sonnen Has Been Undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy For at Least the Past Year and Assumed CSAC Knew !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Report: Sonnen Has Been Undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy For at Least the Past Year and Assumed CSAC Knew !!

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 pm

You should just count yourself lucky I was away when you joined Razz
    threeofclubs
    Flyweight
    Flyweight

Report: Sonnen Has Been Undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy For at Least the Past Year and Assumed CSAC Knew !! - Page 2 Empty Re: Report: Sonnen Has Been Undergoing Hormone Replacement Therapy For at Least the Past Year and Assumed CSAC Knew !!

Post  threeofclubs Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:I'm sorry, but you're not nearly important enough for me to waste time with. Jog on. Tell the girls on 606 i said hello.

toys out of the pram time again?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:You should just count yourself lucky I was away when you joined Razz

You weren't away! I got the whole "Who are you?" when i started questioning you, right after i joined Laughing
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Think you took a left coming out of Sherdog instead of a right.

606 IS THAT WAY ------------------------------------------------------------>

lol! thats a nice welcome to the board.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:11 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:You should just count yourself lucky I was away when you joined Razz

You weren't away! I got the whole "Who are you?" when i started questioning you, right after i joined Laughing

Nah you'd been here a few weeks by then. You had well over 100 posts. I actually didn't know who you were. And with that many posts i was surprised I didn't know who you were.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Should have seen the reception I got when I first joined 606 and Anfield was there Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:55 pm

And now look at us! Twisted Evil
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 pm

^^^^^^^^^^ best of freinds Laughing

serious though whats the latest on sonnen? iv been looking on the major sites and nothing really updates me. i have 2 questions when does his ban run too? and when will he likley fight again and who will it be?
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 pm

His ban will probably run out on January 7th which will be 6 months from his loss to Silva. I'd imagine he'll do TUF with Bisping after Bisping runs from Rivera for 3 rounds, and after mauling Bisping he'll fight the winner of Okami-Silva/Vitor in October or so.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:07 am

Could put a huge dent in the UFC's plan if Riveria wins though. Won't happen, he's past his best and average at best anyway but it could really fuck things up for the UFC. Could you imagine Riveria as coach on TUF?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 am

Also I just wanted to add, I heard somewhere Hendo did the same thing once as well, and received no punishment. Don't quote me on that, but if that's true then why is he getting any ban at all?

Sonnen said BEFORE the fight he was undergoing therapy for testosterone. It doesn't many any sense to me as to why they banned him. The whole system seems corrupt.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 am

i thought the sonnen/bisping TUF was just a rumour floating around on here if this is true that it will happen cheers for the funniest tuf yet.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:19 am

I've heard it from a few places so I'm hoping it's true. Even if they don't do TUF i just want to see Sonnen destroy Bisping!

Chelsea, Randy, Matt Hughes and Hendo have all been mentioned for using it. I'm not really sure of the circumstances. We'll get the full story next week I suppose. It's been a very boring few months without Sonnen!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:28 am

Ye I actually didn't expect to miss him, but I have. I hope he's back with more to say than ever, and him beating the shit out of Bitchping will be great.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:51 pm

In the months leading up to his UFC 117 title challenge, Chael Sonnen had plenty to say. Sonnen seemed to be everywhere, talking up his potential to dethrone champion Anderson Silva in a middleweight championship match. More than 20 minutes into the fight, he was making good on his pre-fight boasting, seemingly on his way to a career-defining victory when Silva caught him with a fifth-round triangle/arm bar submission.

In the months since, Sonnen has had almost nothing to say publicly, his silence precipitated by a positive drug test in the days after the fight.

On Thursday in Sacramento, Calif., Sonnen will have his chance to defend himself from a California state athletic commission (CSAC) finding that he illegally used performance-enhancing steroids prior to the bout.

Over 100 pages of documents recently released by the CSAC give a clearer picture of the commission's contention that Sonnen cheated.

According to the documents, on Aug. 6 -- the day of his drug test -- Sonnen admitted to event supervisor Frank Munoz that he had taken testosterone as recently as the day before. In fact, Sonnen listed the substance on a section of the urine sample form in which the party to be tested is asked to divulge any medications or substances he has taken in recent days, including vitamins or minerals.

On the forms, the 33-year-old Sonnen listed "1 shot" of testosterone, which he stated he took on Aug. 5, just two days before his title match with Silva.

On a separate page, he also listed ingestion of 6 Advils, 1 tablet of Vitamin C, 1 tablet of Iron, 1 "Multivitamine" [sic] and 1 "Asprin" [sic] as substances he had taken in the preceding three days. Sonnen signed the forms under penalty of perjury. The next day, he went on to lose his title match in heartbreaking fashion.

According to CSAC time lines, Sonnen's urine sample was sent to the UCLA Olympic Analytical Laboratory, received on Aug. 10 and testing procedures began on Aug. 13.

On Sept. 2, the lab informed the CSAC that Sonnen's testosterone to epitestosterone ratio (T/E) tested at 16.9. Though testosterone is naturally occurring in the human body, that number is well above the T/E threshold ratio of 4.0. A follow-up carbon isotope analysis was conducted on Sept. 7, with the finding that the test results were consistent with the administration of a steroid. The lab subsequently sent the CSAC 66 pages of documentation with the intent of scientifically supporting their findings, establishing chain of custody of the specimen and proving the sample's integrity was maintained throughout the process.

On Sept. 16, Sonnen was sent notice of his results, suspended one year and fined $2,500. That penalty effectively knocked him out of a planned rematch with Silva.

Sonnen has retained well-known attorney Howard Jacobs to represent him in his appeal. Jacobs has represented many athletes fighting doping claims, including Olympian Marion Jones, cycling champion Floyd Landis and MMA fighters Sean Sherk and Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva.

It is unknown how Jacobs and Sonnen will defend the lab's findings, and in correspondence from California supervising deputy attorney general Karen Chappelle to Jacobs, she notes that Sonnen signed a declaration that he had taken a shot of testosterone, writing, "presumably you would not be challenging this specific finding." Messages from MMA Fighting seeking comment from Jacobs went unreturned.

There has been a suggestion in the media that Sonnen would claim testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) usage as a defense. TRT is a legitimate medical procedure when prescribed by a doctor in which testosterone shots are taken to address a deficiency. Though no one from his team has addressed the possibility, it is worth noting that Sonnen's management mentioned that he was consulting with his physicians in addition to his legal team in a statement made to MMA Fighting regarding his appeal process.

TRT is allowed under CSAC rules but requires necessary documentation from a physician and must be cleared by the commission well prior to a fight. Dodd has said that Sonnen never asked for an exemption for TRT, and Nevada state athletic commission executive director Keith Kizer recently told MMA Fighting that Sonnen has never asked for a testosterone exemption in Nevada, where he's had two of his last four fights, including the most recent one prior to facing Silva. In addition, fighters must still test under the T/E threshold ratio of 4.0.

Sonnen's appeal is agenda item No. 10 on a list of 15 items the CSAC is set to discuss, though the commission reserves the right to change the order of business.

If he is unsuccessful in his appeal, his suspension could run until Sept. 2, 2011.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:16 am

i hope he wins his appeal so he can entertain with his trash talking sooner rather than later.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:53 am