THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Anfields5thKing
Ginginho
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
9 posters

Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor or Overeem

manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor or Overeem - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor or Overeem

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:05 pm

i think Werdum vs Ishii would present an intriguing matchup.

obviously size and experience go to Werdum, he has a better resume and would be a massive favourite....but even so. it would be cool to see!!

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor or Overeem - Page 2 Empty Re: Fabricio Werdum Wants to Fight Outside of Strikeforce Before Facing Fedor or Overeem

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:13 am

While I would be intrigued to see the fight, since they are two of my favorite fighters and the clash of styles would be entertaining, I just think Ishii lacks the experience right now. He is clearly improving massively, but I don't know if he has the all round tools required to challenge Werdum right now. His standup still needs a lot of work and he has a huge melon that is easy to hit. I just don't want to see Ishii go down the routes of your Pawel's, Min-So Kims or even Yoshida who were thrown in against the big guns far too early and could never become the world class fighters they had the potential to be.

I'd like to see Werdum fight Monson personally. Two great grappler's going at it, it would be a good fight. Cole Konrad could be interesting, although I find Conrad very boring he is a good fighter and can give Werdum a good fight. It wouldn't bode well for Konrad's UFC aspirations if he lost so I doubt it will happen. Or we could have Werdum fight Sylvia and Ishii fight Monson.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Unless Ishii is going to cut to 205 he wont fight Monson, Monson has said in numberous interveiws that he is fighting at 205 next.

He Should fight in SF December or Janurary if UFC dont want him.

Ishii would get schooled by Werdum, I havnt seen anything of him to think he will crack the top 15 in his career so far, he looks really poor on the feet and he doesnt look to have the slickest BJJ.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:41 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Unless Ishii is going to cut to 205 he wont fight Monson, Monson has said in numberous interveiws that he is fighting at 205 next.

He Should fight in SF December or Janurary if UFC dont want him.

Ishii would get schooled by Werdum, I havnt seen anything of him to think he will crack the top 15 in his career so far, he looks really poor on the feet and he doesnt look to have the slickest BJJ.

he completley dominated Minowaman, who is really tough veteran, in his third pro fight.
    he "doesnt have the slickest BJJ" ...he never trained in BJJ, and when he started he was immediatley awarded a brown belt.

but of course he would be a hugh underdog against Werdum.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:05 am

He's only 23, he still has a long way to go and the potential is there. He easily beat Minowaman as Chesty said who has a lot of experience and was in the best form of his life.

His stand up looks poor. Yeah, because he isn't a striker, improvement will come in time. He's going from camp to camp looking to improve his skills and was apparently looking at some K-1 fights, which I wouldn't recommend but it's experience all the same. He hasn't trained BJJ till recently, he's a BJJ noob so if doesn't have the slickest BJJ it's understandable. Still a top grappler, and he's also a great athlete.

I know it's just sparring, and it doesn't mean much, but there was the video where he was training with Randy, and he had him mounted a couple of times. Gave Randy a good run, and he was exhausted after.

Werdum's the number one HW in the world right now, he would school most fighters.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 am