THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
the_king
Anfields5thKing
redmeanie77
rudeboyben84
The_Axe_Emperor
9 posters

Boxing vs MMA Grand Prix

the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Boxing vs MMA Grand Prix - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxing vs MMA Grand Prix

Post  the_king Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:37 am

manschesthair_utd wrote:
    the_king wrote:Nikolai Valuev vs Alistair Overeem - overeem ko any rnd i think valuev is too slow.

Wladimir Klitscho vs Brock Lesnar - wlad will stuff takedowns and punch will hurt brock every time

Vitali Klitscho vs Fedor Emelianenko - fedor will shoot straightaway and sub him

David Haye vs Cain Velasquez - cain - will be as quick as haye and with more wrestling experience will be easy pickings.

Openweight.

Manny Pacquaio vs Jose Aldo - dunno ???

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs BJ Penn - penn just through mma rules UD

Bernard Hopkins (PRIME) vs Nick Diaz - hopkins KO as diaz will try and stand.

Roy Jones Jr. (PRIME) vs Anderson Silva - silva is as quick as rjj prime and will eventually get him to the ground,

some of this is just nutty.

you think Overeem would be able to succeed where 55 (ish) pro heavyweight boxers have failed, and KO Valuev in boxing rules>? and within a single round!?!?

how will Wlad stuff Brocks takedowns, he has zero wrestling experience against a really talented wrestler. Neutral

how on earth would Floyd vs BJ go the distance?? BJ will simply pick him up throw him down and choke him. you think Floyd can defend submissions against former world BJJ champion?

im going on the valuev who fought holyfield slow, horrible i think overeem would land.

i never meant to say wlad would stuff take downs sorry i meant jab would be enough.

with the flloyd bj fight i think bj will win anyhow as flloyd would either not show up or just run away if his puches dont get through.
    Sly Uses
    Sly Uses
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Sly Uses Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:05 pm

wlad, pacman and rjj would be the only boxers Id like to finish their opponents in the first round - after that then obviously in MMA rules theyre gonna get subbed.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Are we talking 1 3minute boxing round and 1 5minute MMA round? If so, and taking it for granted that boxing is with 10oz gloves and MMA with MMA gloves. I cannot really see the Likes of Valuev or either Klitscho being able to take out seasoned fighters inside 3minutes. Most of these fighters take time to get their range and rhythm.

Would be concerned about Lesnar taking a solid hit, but, even he should be able to take 3minutes of moving around the ring before soming into their own in the MMA section.

Haye might be a different proposition, but he's up against a very quick and mobile fighter, who will be slightly bigger than himself and I would still give the edge to the MMA fighter.

Pacquiao vs Aldo - Okay, it's still only three minutes, but, Pacman has shown that he is lightning fast, and as much as I think Aldo is an amazing fighter, could see Pacquaio taking this with KO in 1st.

FMJ vs BJ - Pretty boy is a counter puncher, so really don't see a great deal happening in the 1st round, BJ isn't a dumbass. Think that he'll keep the fight at distance and then taking Floyd to the ground early in the 2nd and winning by GnP/Sub

BHop vs Diaz - Hopkins in destructive fashion in the 1st. You just know that Diaz will try and trade blows with him early.

RJJ vs Silva - Again, Silva too elusive to get tagged much in the 1st round, see him then kicking the living shit out of Jones's legs in the 2nd, before a knee fest ending the bout.

Think that if this was something like 3 rounds of each, we may see different results. Just think that, fighters used to fighting 3minute rounds, should be able to avoid damage for 3minutes of a fight, when they know that they will have ALL of the advantages in the 2nd round.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Look on youtube at Anderson Silva getting schooled at Boxing, he wouldnt be top 200 if he switched over, to this Prime RJJ couldnt KO a top 200 boxer in a round is unthinkable to me...
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

rudeboyben84 wrote:Look on youtube at Anderson Silva getting schooled at Boxing, he wouldnt be top 200 if he switched over, to this Prime RJJ couldnt KO a top 200 boxer in a round is unthinkable to me...

Really? When said said 'top 200 boxer' knows that if he avoids getting punched in 3minutes, he will have a massive advantage? How old is that youtube footage? Cannot get access to it from work. As I said, if it was over three rounds or so of boxing, it would inevitable that boxers would have a huge advantage, but over 1 round, in a 2 round fight? Just cannot see any professional getting involved in a tear up, when they know they have a huge advantage in the next round.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:52 am

Boxing vs MMA Grand Prix - Page 2 1076dd5

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:47 am