THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
Ginginho
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
KalDog
Shanemc
wilksdaman
14 posters

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:24 pm

I think GSP would, if he took a year off to build his body up to 185 and then had two warm up fights, beat Anderson Silva by using his wrestling to dryhump his to death the way he did against Alves and BJ.

Rumours are that Scott Coker is trying to make Frank Shamrock vs Saku for the New Years show in Japan.
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

Post  KingFedor Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 am

GSP is a mma scientist. He defintely has the ability to beat silva and I agree he would need to put on about 20 pounds. If anyone can GSP can!
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:07 pm

I dont know baout GSP at 185lbs, He would really have to go upto about 210 and start cutting, theres Guys like Rumble Johnson cutting from 220lbs (yes really) to get to Ww so there are going to be even bigger guys at Mw. Nate Marquardt or Vitor Belfort would Dwarf him at Middelweight as Would Anderson, I dont know if Mw is a great career move for GSP. He could dominate 170lbs and there are enogh challengers to keep him going. Id love to see him fight the winner of Wanderlei vs Akiyama at Mw.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:18 pm

Rumble let himself get FAT before this fight. I don't think he's intentionally cutting 50 pounds. I actually hope he gets beaten in his fight, it'll teach him a lesson about letting himself get in such a state.

GSP would beat Vitor a lot easier than he would beat Silva IMO. If Vitor doesn't get the KO within the first round then he tends to struggle against top fighters. Saka, Chuck, Tito, Overeem and Hendo all weathered the early storm and then out-worked him to a decision and all except Chuck did it by out-grappling him which i believe GSP would do.
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:16 pm

GSP walks around at 185ish. Loads of people said Alves looked huge in their fight but I thought GSP looked bigger them him. GSP is a master weight cutter, like Ortiz was. Like I said GSP is a scientist, hearing him talk after the BJ fight was mad! If GSP put on 20 pounds he'd be walking around at 205ish. He'd be a match for anyone at Middleweight given the time.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Yeah but he has to make sure it's 20 pounds of muscle. Not water and muscle or fat and muscle. Pure muscle. That takes a lot of time.

Alves was a lot bigger than him in that fight, easily outweighed him by 10-15 pounds. Thiago is HUGE for that weight class! In fact, Thiago is big for a MW!
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Hardonk vs Barry should be a good stand up war
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:50 pm

As long as Hardonk doesn't just try and use his reach to jab and legkick his way to victory.
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:05 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:Yeah but he has to make sure it's 20 pounds of muscle. Not water and muscle or fat and muscle. Pure muscle. That takes a lot of time.

Alves was a lot bigger than him in that fight, easily outweighed him by 10-15 pounds. Thiago is HUGE for that weight class! In fact, Thiago is big for a MW!

Hmmmmmm not sure if I was watching a different fight then? Have just watched it again and GSP looks much bigger than Alves. Alves cuts too much weight, which is probably why he gased and GSP made him look very ordinary in that fight. GSP used his weight and size to lie on Alves and dominate him on the ground, so don't see how Alves was bigger than GSP, he wasn't.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 pm

KingFedor wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Yeah but he has to make sure it's 20 pounds of muscle. Not water and muscle or fat and muscle. Pure muscle. That takes a lot of time.

Hmmmmmm not sure if I was watching a different fight then? Have just watched it again and GSP looks much bigger than Alves. Alves cuts too much weight, which is probably why he gased and GSP made him look very ordinary in that fight. GSP used his weight and size to lie on Alves and dominate him on the ground, so don't see how Alves was bigger than GSP, he wasn't.

in height and reach gsp is bigger but alves is very, very heavily built.

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009? - Page 2 1212943764539
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:24 pm

KingFedor wrote:

GSP is taller, longer and rangier. But Alves is a much bigger man in terms of weight and build.

And all GSP did was lie on him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:50 pm