THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+10
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
redmeanie77
Anfields5thKing
Ginginho
manschesthair_utd
Moose Stuff For Money...
KalDog
Shanemc
wilksdaman
14 posters

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009? Empty Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

Post  wilksdaman Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:04 pm

I gotta say I cant wait for the Lesnar V Carwin match, purely because I think it will answer a lot of questions.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009? Empty Re: Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

Post  Shanemc Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 pm

shogun vs machida have a feeling its going to be alot more competitive than alot of people think.
    wilksdaman
    wilksdaman
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009? Empty Re: Which fight are you most looking forward to in the rest of 2009?

Post  wilksdaman Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Im tempted to put a small amount of money (im no big better) on Rua. I fancy a huge upset.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:31 pm

Rua v Machida
    Penn v Sanchez
    Ortiz v Griffen
    Fedor v Rogers, does anyone else ever get the "oh shit, what if Fedor loses" feeling? Then he wins and you just go "well, I knew he would"
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:01 pm

Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua
    Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy
    Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Arthur Cane
    Jon Jones vs. Matt Hamill

Butterbean vs. Tank Abbott
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 pm

KalDog wrote:Rua v Machida
    Penn v Sanchez
    Ortiz v Griffen
    Fedor v Rogers, does anyone else ever get the "oh shit, what if Fedor loses" feeling? Then he wins and you just go "well, I knew he would"

i get that feeling all the time! but afterwards you think "how could i have been so dumb" of course Fedor wins, he always wins.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:26 pm

Moose Stuff For Money... wrote:Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio Rua
    Mike Swick vs. Dan Hardy
    Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin
    Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Arthur Cane
    Jon Jones vs. Matt Hamill

Butterbean vs. Tank Abbott

Bean/Tank isnt happening mate, bad news i know, its being replaced with Monson/Fulton Shocked

its in december but they announced it already, even though those guys would probably fight on 5 minutes notice haha.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 pm

No way! Ha, it would have been good to see.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:42 pm

I'm mostly looking forward to Melvin Manhoef v Zelg Galesic and the whole Dream New Years Eve card

Out of the UFC I am most looking forward to all the title fights that are scheduled.

Machida vs Rua could possible be fight of the year and a great display of striking.

Lesnar vs Carwin gives me the opportunity to hopefully see that big nob end Lesnar get KTFO (please god, please baby jesus let this happen!!!!).

Penn vs Sanchez will be a brawl and I like watching BJ fight at lightweight - his all round skill set is a joy to watch and I hope he wins by submission
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:47 pm

The more i think about Machida vs Shogun, the more i think we see Shogun unconscious in the ring in the first round.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 pm

I am looking forward to all the fights mentioned above aswell as

Anderson Silva v Belfort
    Mousasi v Sokodjou
    TUF Finale, i dont know why but i always get excited about this.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:04 pm

didn't think anyone had mentioned A.silva vs V.Belfort, this is guna be the fight of the year no contest!!
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 pm

Isn't Silva vs Belfort next year?

Anyway, I am now looking forward to Anfields5thKing vs Kaldog for the Armbar Openweight Championship - make it happen guys and stream it live on the site!!!! I'll back the Liverpool fan.....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:26 am

I wonder what the record is for the furthest a human being has ever been thrown by another human being. I reckon i could launch the powder puff a fair distance.
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 pm

Another billy bullshit classic..... Let out the agression, you wanna launch me? You wanna throw me?

Aye, round the bedroom, you filthy man!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:21 pm

Whatever your into yourself. You keep the gayness to yourself.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:17 am

I cannot wait for the Penn Sanchez match-up. Think that this has the makings of an excellent fight, and quite tempted to throw some cash on a Sanchez win.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 am

Gotta agree with Pete here, that's going to be a war. Diego is reborn at 155 and his cardio, chin and excellent ground game will really make things hard for BJ. I think Diego could win this one and spell the end for BJ in the UFC.

That would set up Penn vs Aoki, JZ Calvan, Alvarez and Hellboy though so here's to hoping Diego "YES!!!!" Sanchez is the next UFC Lightweight champion.
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    George_Louis_Costanza@who
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  George_Louis_Costanza@who Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:20 pm

looking forward to the Penn War Limousine pulling up to Memphis and vanquishing the myth that Sanchez has any chance of toppling the Greatest LW in MMA period Cool

December should be good Aoki's impending crushing by the erm...Crusher and Minowaman taking Soko Tree stump like leg home with him K-1 Dynamite is going to be shit hot also Hamill vs Jones could be fireworks.
    Jud_Danger
    Jud_Danger
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  Jud_Danger Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Lesnar V Carwin

Watch Brock rip him apart, and silence the 1st section of his doubters!!

and definatley Penn V Sanchez

and any Kimbo Slice fight (i know i know im on the Lesnar and Kimbo bandwagon, but i just think they are quality to watch)
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:43 pm

i love it!

cannot wait;

Aoki vs Kawajiri
    Sokodjou vs Minowa
    Sylvia vs Choi
    Masato's last fight!
    KID vs Warren 2 perhaps
    Hari/Overeem/LeBanner all possibilites

and it could finally happen albeit about a decade too late....

Saku/Rickson is rumoured!!!!!!

its the only fight that could outdraw Yoshida/Ishii

Last edited by manschesthair_utd on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Sylvia vs Choi could end up being the worst MMA fight of all time!
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:51 pm

true......but theyre both really big! so it will be interesting for the first 10 seconds.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:01 pm

I think i'm right in saying this is gonna be the first time that Timmy hasn't had a reach advantage in a fight. I think Gan McGee has the same reach as him.
    KingFedor
    KingFedor
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  KingFedor Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:21 pm

I know it probably wouldn't happen, but I'l love to see GSP vs Anderson Silva. I honestly would have no idea who would win that. Anderson Silva has the size and that might just swing it for him.

And I wouldn't be sure on Lesnar ripping apart Carwin. Carwin will be the biggest guy by far Lesnar has fought and I honestly think Carwin has a great chance of knocking him out. Lesnars chin hasn't been tested yet so will be really interesting.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:15 pm