THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
The_Axe_Emperor
Anfields5thKing
the_king
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
11 posters

UFC 123 thread

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 123 thread - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 123 thread

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:32 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:An exciting fighter for me is someone who can go out and finish fights. Just because Sanchez hasn't been in that many exciting fights, doesn't mean he isn't or wasn't exciting. Not his fault, his opponent can't put off any resisitance. His fights with Kenflo, Gassaway, Diaz, Parysian, Riggs, Bielkheden and Foriavanti were all exciting, and that was all before dropping to LW. His more boring fights were against the boring as hell Koscheck where he had a stalph infection and against Fitch.

Diaz had exciting fights against Parysian, Lytle, Jackson 3x, Lawler, Fickett and Oishi. Every fighter has been involved in a boring fight, it doesn't make you a boring fighter though.

Both far more exciting than Parysian ever was or ever will be.

Do you actually watch fights before you comment on them?

The most exciting fights Diaz and Diego have EVER had were with Karo. Says it all. Parisyan's only boring fights have come since he developed his addiction problems.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Sanchez's most exciting fight: Vs Guida or Thiago

Diaz's most exciting fight: Gomi or Lawler

Nope, Parysian not involved in either one of them.

It's the complete opposite, Parysians most exciting fights consisted with these two. Nearly every other fight he had rivaled watching paint dry for entertainment value.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:03 pm

you clearly don't watch the fights you comment on.

Sanchez vs Karo was BY FAR the most exciting fight of Diego's career.

Gomi or Lawler?? Eh..........no. Diaz vs Karo was a better fight. Gomi and Lawler might have been Diaz's most exciting wins but Karo was his most exciting fight.

Karo is the most exciting out of the three. You just haven't seen his fights but have decided they were boring because you looked on Wiki and saw he'd had a lot of decisions.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Nope, I've seen his early fights on UFC unleashed and on the internet. Very boring fighter and is a dick to top it of.

Sanchez vs Guida was a far more exciting fight, in the top 3 fights of 2009. Diaz vs Gomi was one of the best fights of 07. Both better fights than the one's against Parysian.

And you are bias beyond belief if you think Parysian is anywhere near as exciting as either Diaz or Sanchez. Not even Parysian's mum thinks he's that exciting.

Parysian is level with Okami, Koscheck, Fitch and paint drying when it comes to entertainment.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:47 pm

A dick to top it off? You clearly just don't like Karo and therefore think all his fights are boring.

Either that, or you just don't know how to appreciate fantastic Judo when you see it.

He puts his all into his fights and be it not for his well documented anxiety problems he'd still be top 5 WW, of that i've no doubt.

Excitement differs from person to person but for me, Karo is one of the most exciting fighters in MMA today.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:50 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:A dick to top it off? You clearly just don't like Karo and therefore think all his fights are boring.

Either that, or you just don't know how to appreciate fantastic Judo when you see it.

He puts his all into his fights and be it not for his well documented anxiety problems he'd still be top 5 WW, of that i've no doubt.

Excitement differs from person to person but for me, Karo is one of the most exciting fighters in MMA today.

i agree people will never agree on exciting fights as each person enjoys a different aspect of mma some guys like fighters wrestling on the ground and others will like a standup fight.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:00 pm

[quote="the_king"]
    The_Axe_Emperor wrote:A dick to top it off? You clearly just don't like Karo and therefore think all his fights are boring.

i agree people will never agree on exciting fights as each person enjoys a different aspect of mma some guys like fighters wrestling on the ground and others will like a standup fight. [/quote

Exactly, like some people find Jon Fitch exciting...
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:04 pm

most people will dissagree but i find fighters like marcus davies exciting.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 pm

I like Karo,but I can definitely see where Chelsea is coming from in calling him a dick.

You only have to watch any of his past interviews(yes before his anxiety problems to)to see what an arrogant dick he can be,he also he showed himself up in the TUF house badly.

Great fighter,with some amazing slick moves,who I personally have always enjoyed watching and can't wait to see him back in action tonight hopefully,but I definitely think the guy comes off as a dick.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Most people would disagree? Like who!?

Marcus Davis is ALWAYS exciting!!
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:31 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Nope, I've seen his early fights on UFC unleashed and on the internet. Very boring fighter and is a dick to top it of.

Sanchez vs Guida was a far more exciting fight, in the top 3 fights of 2009. Diaz vs Gomi was one of the best fights of 07. Both better fights than the one's against Parysian.

And you are bias beyond belief if you think Parysian is anywhere near as exciting as either Diaz or Sanchez. Not even Parysian's mum thinks he's that exciting.

Parysian is level with Okami, Koscheck, Fitch and paint drying when it comes to entertainment.

Go away, just go far far away. What complete shite.

You've clearly never seen his fights, you have no idea what you are talking about and you are basing you entire view on his style on 1 fight with the Korean Sleep Inducer and the fact that you think he's a dick.

I'm not sure why i'm even discussing exciting fights with you anyway! Rich Franklin, GSP and Nate The Average are your 3 favourite fighters and they're all boring!
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:38 pm

He's a complete dick but I don't let that change my views. Hughes is a dick, I think he's an exciting fighter and the same goes for Paul Daley.

And even if I did find judo boring, it doesn't mean "don't know how to appreciate fantastic Judo". That's like me saying you don't know how to appreciate fantastic wrestling because you find Jon Fitch boring.

I think judo, like wrestling can be an exciting style to watch, but it depends on who the fighter is and the other skills he has. Fedor, Sokudju and Mousasi are 3 guys who have good judo and I find all of them exciting. Because all three look for the finish. Parysian doesn't.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:41 pm

So Karo's boxing, which is top class, isn't a good mix with his Judo??

You think Matt Hughes is an exciting fighter and you're calling Karo boring???

You are officially banned from having an opinion on what is boring and what's exciting.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:44 pm

I've bitterly never met or seen anyone who finds Parysian exciting, and certainly not more than Diaz and Sanchez. That's borderline insanity I'm afraid. All those fights I've mentioned before were boring as fuck, and I'm not sure who your talking about when you say the Korean sleep inducer.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but Nate isn't in my top 3 favorite fighters.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Parysians boxing is average.

Matt Hughes:

KOs/TKOs: 17
    Subs: 18
    Decisions: 10

Parysian:

KOs/TKOs: 0
    Subs: 10
    Decisions: 9

Now go and annoy someone else please.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:54 pm

You're going by TKO victories? You do know TKO victories don't just come from boxing..?

So because someone wins a lot of decisions their boxing is instantly devalued? Yea actually you're right, PBF isn't even that good a boxer Rolling Eyes

EDIT: In fact, you won't see the sarcasm in that, will you?

Okay, one of your favourite fighters, GSP, would you say he has subpar boxing? Because he seems to win a lot of decisions.

EDIT EDIT: In FACT, are you saying Matt Hughes has great boxing?
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Actually I was referring to Anfield saying Hughes wasn't as exciting as Parysian. That part had nothing to do with Parysian's boxing. So your post pretty much makes no sense.

EDIT: No I never thought GSP had particularly great boxing

EDIT EDIT: Hughes boxing has always been shit, that's not how he made his name.

EDIT, EDIT and EDIT: What no response?

Last edited by ChelseaQuinsfan on Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:31 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Actually I was referring to Anfield saying Hughes wasn't as exciting as Parysian. That part had nothing to do with Parysian's boxing. So your post pretty much makes no sense.

So Hughes TKOing people via ground and pound makes him more exciting than Karo flinging people across the cage, using his great boxing to beat them up and using great submissions?? You are a fool. Off you piss now.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:35 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:I've bitterly never met or seen anyone who finds Parysian exciting, and certainly not more than Diaz and Sanchez. That's borderline insanity I'm afraid. All those fights I've mentioned before were boring as fuck, and I'm not sure who your talking about when you say the Korean sleep inducer.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but Nate isn't in my top 3 favorite fighters.

Yes, you clearly are just bitter. Nate the Average was a big favourite of yours not so long ago. Typical boring fighter for you to wank over. Lube free of course.

Karo is more exciting than anyone at 170 with the exceptions of Alves and possibly Condit. Diaz now is a completely different fighter to the one that fought Karo, he's much more exciting. As is Diego. That you didn't know that show you've never seen the early fights.

Dong Hyun Kim - Korean sleep inducer. He used to be exciting. Not anymore. Might be related to the Canadian sleep inducer, GSP. Also used to be exciting. Not anymore.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 pm

He's only used his great submissions in 2 fights in the UFC.

Yes, you clearly are just bitter. Nate the Average was a big favourite of yours not so long ago. Typical boring fighter for you to wank over. Lube free of course.

Karo is more exciting than anyone at 170 with the exceptions of Alves and possibly Condit. Diaz now is a completely different fighter to the one that fought Karo, he's much more exciting. As is Diego. That you didn't know that show you've never seen the early fights.

Dong Hyun Kim - Korean sleep inducer. He used to be exciting. Not anymore. Might be related to the Canadian sleep inducer, GSP. Also used to be exciting. Not anymore.

I meant to say litterly. Nate was a favorite of mine at MW, but I never liked him more than JDS. For a fully grown man, don't you think making gay jokes is a little immature?

That's your opinion and your entitled to it. If you didn't find Diaz and Sanchez exciting before then again that's your opinion. It's not mine but like it matters.

I wasn't judging Parysian's whole career based on one fight against a boring as hell fighter where he had some addiction problems. I never enjoyed his fights and was of that opinion of him long before he fought Kim.

So i guess we now have the Armenian sleep inducer as well.

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Are ESPN showing the spike prelims??

Its not on my tv listing for it, as i cant stay up to 6 am tonight im going to have to DVR it....
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:49 pm

i think pre lims are on last time i checked

mma live 1.15
    prelims 2am
    live 3-6am

that was at about 6pm when i checked.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:53 pm

Ive got the countdown at 1 am, MMAlive at 2.15-3.00, UFC 123 at 3-6 am.

Im recording the MMA live slot anyway.... So hopefully it will be on.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:56 pm

redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:59 pm

Cheers mate, looks like there on at 2 am. Wonder why my HD box is acting up tonight. scratch

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:09 am