THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+7
The_Axe_Emperor
Anfields5thKing
the_king
ChelseaQuinsfan
manschesthair_utd
redmeanie77
payneNglory1
11 posters

UFC 123 thread

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

UFC 123 thread - Page 3 Empty Re: UFC 123 thread

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:05 am

Brown vs Foster has the potential to end in a sick KO. Munoz vs Simpson won't be a good fight I'm guessing. One of them will gas, and the other will just take him down for 3 rounds.

Don't want Parysian vs Hallman though either, Parysian has always been boring in the UFC and this one has decision written all over it. And a boring one as well.

Kelly vs O'Brien would be a fun fight, much rather have that than Munoz vs Simpson.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:28 am

I would also much rather Foster-Brown to Karo fight. And i like both Munoz-Simpson and should be a good fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Karo has always been boring in the UFC?? That's a completely ridiculous statement. I think you need to go and watch his old fights. Back to before his painkiller addiction. Actually 90% of his fights up to and including the fight with Alves were very exciting.

Munoz-Simpson will be a boring wrestling match and everyone knows it.

Brown-Foster is two never have beens and never will bes in a fight that doesn't matter.

Hallman beat Matt Hughes twice, and Karo was a top 5 WW for a long time and is young enough to get back to that level. Is unquestionably a bigger and more important(and potentially more exciting) fight than what is been.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:10 pm

Definitely a more important fight, just not more exciting.

Parysian has had some mind numbingly boring fights. All but two of his UFC fights have been decisions. The only really exciting fight he has been is with Diego Sanchez, and thats down to Sanchez being an exciting fighter.

His fights with Burkman, Chonan, Kim, Fickett and Serra were all very boring fights. Certainly not an exciting fighter. Hardly 90%.

The fights between fighters who don't really matter can often be some of the better ones. Look at the Korean Zombie vs Garcia and Nickels vs Heath as examples. Foster and Brown aren't relevant but they are exciting fighters.

Hallman beat Hughes 10 years ago. Doesn't mean shit now, he got KOed by the average Howard two fights ago.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:11 pm

im fired up for this event tonight i like both rampage and machida and hope its the main event we have been craving for a long time.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  manschesthair_utd Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:25 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Definitely a more important fight, just not more exciting.

Parysian has had some mind numbingly boring fights. All but two of his UFC fights have been decisions. The only really exciting fight he has been is with Diego Sanchez, and thats down to Sanchez being an exciting fighter.

His fights with Burkman, Chonan, Kim, Fickett and Serra were all very boring fights. Certainly not an exciting fighter. Hardly 90%.

The fights between fighters who don't really matter can often be some of the better ones. Look at the Korean Zombie vs Garcia and Nickels vs Heath as examples. Foster and Brown aren't relevant but they are exciting fighters.

Hallman beat Hughes 10 years ago. Doesn't mean shit now, he got KOed by the average Howard two fights ago.

to be fair to Hallman, he was easily beating the much bigger Howard for 14 minutes and 55 seconds of that fight.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:26 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Definitely a more important fight, just not more exciting.

Doesn't matter. He still beat Hughes twice. And as Chesty said, Hallman dominated the fight and got caught.

Brown is not exciting, he's just tough. Zombie and Garcia have never been in a boring fight. Brown and Foster have never been in an exciting one.

Parisyan is very exciting and all bar one of the fights you mentioned were a good watch. He's an exciting fighter. His fight with Diaz was a great fight too. If you actually go and watch the Sanchez fight you'll see some of the most spectacular Judo ever seen in MMA from Karo. So a decision can't be entertaining?? It's not like his decisions are GSP decisions where he turtlefucks his opponents for the duration! Karo has great hands, top level Judo, his tough as nails and always goes for it.

Far more important and will be more exciting.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Ortiz was a former LHW champion, so if he fights, its more important than seeing Zombie rematch Garcia. I know he dominated the fight, but he still lost to a poor fighter.

Brown and Foster have been in quite a few exciting fights, both of there fights against Lytle were fun, Brown vs Wilks was exciting, Foster vs Larson was a good fight. Foster vs Story was a great fight, FOTN. He had KOTN in his last fight. Not sure how you can say Foster isn't an exciting fighter and more absurdly has never been in an exciting fight. Never been to a decision.

Diaz, Lytle and Sanchez were his good fights. Mostly down to his opponents being exciting, he himself is quite boring and all the other fights were boring. His Judo throws are nice to watch, but after he gets them down, he does nothing.

It will be important, probably won't be more exciting. Hallman will either keep taking him down and controlling him for 3 rounds, or Parysian will get a judo throw and do the same for three rounds.

Brown vs Foster will be an all out war.
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:52 pm

To be fair, they were never going to give Karo a spot on the televised section of the card. They probably werent even sure he would turn up to fight.

They probably have someone outside his room, in case he decides to no-show...
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:59 pm

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:Ortiz was a former LHW champion, so if he fights, its more important than seeing Zombie rematch Garcia. I know he dominated the fight, but he still lost to a poor fighter.

Brown and Foster have been in quite a few exciting fights, both of there fights against Lytle were fun, Brown vs Wilks was exciting, Foster vs Larson was a good fight. Foster vs Story was a great fight, FOTN. He had KOTN in his last fight. Not sure how you can say Foster isn't an exciting fighter and more absurdly has never been in an exciting fight. Never been to a decision.

Diaz, Lytle and Sanchez were his good fights. Mostly down to his opponents being exciting, he himself is quite boring and all the other fights were boring. His Judo throws are nice to watch, but after he gets them down, he does nothing.

It will be important, probably won't be more exciting. Hallman will either keep taking him down and controlling him for 3 rounds, or Parysian will get a judo throw and do the same for three rounds.

Brown vs Foster will be an all out war.

No, it'll be a poor fight between two poor fighters. Nothing more.

You've clearly not seen Karo's fights. Comical to claim that Karo's exciting fights were down to his opponents considering at the time only Lytle would have been considered an exciting fighter.

Bums fighting bums is not exciting and Dana White given out spot prizes does not make a fight exciting.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Suddenly I'm more eager to watch both fights. Even though I'll probably fall asleep during Parysian vs Hallman.

Sanchez has always been an exciting fighter, ever since his TUF days. So has Diaz. Not comical at all. I watched the first round of his fights, then I decided to go watch grass die.

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Nonsense. Sanchez was a high tempo wrestler but not exciting. He only became an exciting fighter after dropping to 155.

Diaz was a scrapper but often found himself in boring fights.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Agree with everything you've said Anfield. Everything, that is, except the comment about Matt Brown not being exciting? Has he ever been in a dull fight?
    efils_god
    efils_god
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  efils_god Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Agree with everything you've said Axe about everything Anfield has said....
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:54 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Agree with everything you've said Anfield. Everything, that is, except the comment about Matt Brown not being exciting? Has he ever been in a dull fight?

I don't find him exciting. He's a tough guy and he fights hard but there's nothing exciting about him to me. He just doesn't entertain me.
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Fair enough, thats your opinion then mate but i've never been disappointed when watching his fights, personally.

Sherdogs pro picks results;

Pros who picked Penn: 25
    Pros who picked Hughes: 8
    Pros who couldn’t decide: 3
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:52 pm

sanchez has had two very good fights, thiago and guida that i can think of the others not so.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:25 pm

I think Diego is a really exciting fighter and the only really boring fight I can think of that he's been in,was against Kos,but to be fair to him,he had a nasty staph infection in that fight,so there is no way we should use that fight against him.

I think he always puts on high energy,fast paced fights.

Kenny
    Diaz
    Karo
    Riggs
    Stevenson
    Guida
    Thiago
    Shit I can't even think of a boring fight he's been involved in apart from the Kos fight,(he got Fitched,but he still made that a close fight)even against BJ,the action never stopped and he made it into a fun fight.

He didn't look great against Hathaway,but Hathaway used his size perfectly and fought a fantastic game plan to nullify Sanchez to be fair.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Exactly, and they came after he dropped down in weight.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:35 pm

An exciting fighter for me is someone who can go out and finish fights. Just because Sanchez hasn't been in that many exciting fights, doesn't mean he isn't or wasn't exciting. Not his fault, his opponent can't put off any resisitance. His fights with Kenflo, Gassaway, Diaz, Parysian, Riggs, Bielkheden and Foriavanti were all exciting, and that was all before dropping to LW. His more boring fights were against the boring as hell Koscheck where he had a stalph infection and against Fitch.

Diaz had exciting fights against Parysian, Lytle, Jackson 3x, Lawler, Fickett and Oishi. Every fighter has been involved in a boring fight, it doesn't make you a boring fighter though.

Both far more exciting than Parysian ever was or ever will be.
    the_king
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  the_king Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:36 pm

is anyone on chatbox tonight?
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Sorry, i haven't read through all this thread, is someone actually accusing Diego Sanchez of being boring???

UFC 123 thread - Page 3 24rs616xv3l9
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 pm

I thought diego had only fought at 155 three times.

I'll definitely be chat boxing tonight,I'm really looking forward to tonight's card.

Last edited by payneNglory1 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:40 pm

the_king wrote:is anyone on chatbox tonight?

Me Basketball
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:29 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:Sorry, i haven't read through all this thread, is someone actually accusing Diego Sanchez of being boring???

UFC 123 thread - Page 3 24rs616xv3l9

Not at all, he just wasn't nearly as exciting as his is now before he dropped weights.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:10 am