THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+30
p4pnumber_1
Mannpagejackson
2brutal
KalDog
Ronwah
Sly Uses
Sheldan
Mryzyz
Shanemc
Once Mohawked Pete
pinsman
FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
kavik2
toonswagger
manschesthair_utd
Ginginho
poz
efils_god
redmeanie77
GSPfan11
sunthunder
payneNglory1
Albion_Oakley
the_king
hendos_right_hook
Moose Stuff For Money...
ChelseaQuinsfan
SirSquatAlot
Anfields5thKing
The_Axe_Emperor
34 posters

Football discussion

Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Football discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: Football discussion

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:09 am

Sheldan wrote:Yeah I think based on that one performance it's definitely Chelsea's league now, if only we had Rooney, Hernandez, Nani, Vidic, Fletcher, Cleverley and Smalling to come back and start. Oh wait...

You were playing a team that would struggle to stay in the Premier League, who were missing their best player, and who still gave you a doing on your home pitch. Blinkered United fans, hilarious as always.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:Vidic is not going to stop teams pissing through United's midfield which appears to be allergic to any sort of defensive work!

Why on earth would Smalling take Rio's spot when Jones is much better??

You've seen nothing from Chelsea? Like them playing United off the OT pitch?

Bizarre how United fans never have a clue what's going on with their own team.

Well for a start, Jones will play at RB, so that's why Smalling will play at CB.

As for our "allergic to defense" midfield, we've been picking very attacking midfielders, if there comes a game where we need a defensive midfield, then we'll throw the likes of Fletcher and Park in there, problem solved.

Oh and us about being played off the pitch against Chelsea, if only there was a team that has been playing teams off the pitch for the last 7 years and not achieving anything for it, hey how are Arsenal getting on these days? Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent, it doesn't matter if we win 1-0, 5-0 or 6-5, as long as we score more than the other team then that is all that matters, and with our attack being what it is when it is full strength, I'm confident that even in games where we might concede 2 or 3 goals, that we will score more. (With the exception of Barcelona, I've heard they're quite good).
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Sheldan wrote:
    Anfields5thKing wrote:Vidic is not going to stop teams pissing through United's midfield which appears to be allergic to any sort of defensive work!

Why on earth would Smalling take Rio's spot when Jones is much better??

You've seen nothing from Chelsea? Like them playing United off the OT pitch?

Bizarre how United fans never have a clue what's going on with their own team.

Well for a start, Jones will play at RB, so that's why Smalling will play at CB.

As for our "allergic to defense" midfield, we've been picking very attacking midfielders, if there comes a game where we need a defensive midfield, then we'll throw the likes of Fletcher and Park in there, problem solved.

Oh and us about being played off the pitch against Chelsea, if only there was a team that has been playing teams off the pitch for the last 7 years and not achieving anything for it, hey how are Arsenal getting on these days? Football is about scoring more goals than your opponent, it doesn't matter if we win 1-0, 5-0 or 6-5, as long as we score more than the other team then that is all that matters, and with our attack being what it is when it is full strength, I'm confident that even in games where we might concede 2 or 3 goals, that we will score more. (With the exception of Barcelona, I've heard they're quite good).

Jones will be CB. Rafael is due back in about a month and he'll be straight in at RB. Smalling is more likely to play RB if him and Jones are both in the team.

Fletcher and Park. United's answer to everything. Shame neither are any good.

Real Madrid and Barca would wipe the floor with this United team right now. And so would City as long as Mancini doesn't make a mess of things. United's confidence in scoring so many goals is based on battering half a Spurs team and the Arsenal reserves. Let's see how you do when the real tough games come along, and next time you face Chelsea.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:57 pm

David De Gea has had to make more saves than any other keeper in the premier league. For all the stick he has gotten only 5 goals conceded is a pretty good return when you consider how unhelpful the defense has been.

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Awful decision to send off Rodwell but that was an entertaining 1st half.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:11 pm

Terrible decision. Bit of justice them missing the penalty! Suarez is a cheat and Atkinson is a poor ref
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:02 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Terrible decision. Bit of justice them missing the penalty! Suarez is a cheat and Atkinson is a poor ref

Stone wall penalty.........Wasn't a sending off but you can't blame Suarez for it!!
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:06 pm

Yeah it was a penalty, but I meant terrible decision with the sending off.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:45 pm

p4pnumber_1 wrote:Yeah it was a penalty, but I meant terrible decision with the sending off.

Fair enough, Everton were impressive even with ten men. On another day it could've been 4 or 5 tho with the missed pen and the two or three attempts off the woodwork.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:56 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:
    p4pnumber_1 wrote:Terrible decision. Bit of justice them missing the penalty! Suarez is a cheat and Atkinson is a poor ref

Stone wall penalty.........Wasn't a sending off but you can't blame Suarez for it!!

He made a huge meal out of it. He's a terrific player but he's a pretty well known cheat.

Liverpool deserved to win today, but saying that Everton did play an hour with 10 men. I was happy for Carrol, he was awful in the first half but he got his head up and stepped it up in the 2nd half.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:58 am

How the fuck is Suarez a cheat?? What a retarded thing to say.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:01 am

ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

He made a huge meal out of it. He's a terrific player but he's a pretty well known cheat.

Liverpool deserved to win today, but saying that Everton did play an hour with 10 men. I was happy for Carrol, he was awful in the first half but he got his head up and stepped it up in the 2nd half.

He made a meal out of it?? He had a 13 stone man roll over his ankle! Was never a red card, but Suarez didn't make anything of it! Ref had made up his mind as soon as Suarez hit the ground. Red card was out before Suarez had even looked up.

Hilarious to see a fan of a club who won league titles off the back of two of Europe's biggest cheats - Robben and Drogba, call anyone a "pretty well known cheat" when he's nothing of the sort.

Carroll was shite from whistle to whistle. A small child could have scored that goal. We deserved to win but Everton got screwed by a bad decision.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:21 am

You think Carrolls gonna make it Anfield??? Kenny has backed him to the hilt but i'm still not convinced, he really needs to go on a run now he's got his first league goal.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Anfields5thKing wrote:
    ChelseaQuinsfan wrote:
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:

He made a meal out of it?? He had a 13 stone man roll over his ankle! Was never a red card, but Suarez didn't make anything of it! Ref had made up his mind as soon as Suarez hit the ground. Red card was out before Suarez had even looked up.

Hilarious to see a fan of a club who won league titles off the back of two of Europe's biggest cheats - Robben and Drogba, call anyone a "pretty well known cheat" when he's nothing of the sort.

Carroll was shite
    from whistle to whistle. A small child could have scored that goal. We deserved to win but Everton got screwed by a bad decision.

Nothing of the sort? Haha

not to mention...

He's known as a huge cheat in Holland.

Robben is a massive cheat there's no doubt in the top 5 in Europe, Drogba is a cheat as well but it's a bit rich coming from someone who supports a club led by a cheating hypocrite...

I thought Carroll improved after the break. He took his chance well, and he made space for himself quite well. He was awful in the first half though, first touch of a brick wall.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:44 pm

FOWLERSHIGHFIVE wrote:You think Carrolls gonna make it Anfield??? Kenny has backed him to the hilt but i'm still not convinced, he really needs to go on a run now he's got his first league goal.

I don't think he is going to. But I think he'll do damage against that piss poor United defence next time out.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:44 pm

A 23 second video of one incident is all you can produce?

The handball was the right thing to do, any player who wants his team to win in a world cup 1/4 final would do the same.

The other three are not cheating.

He's not known as a cheat anywhere. Have you ever been to Holland?? Didn't think so.

As for the Gerrard video, there's what? 5 clips on it? Only two of which are dives. Vs Villa for us and the first England clip. He's been a pro for 12-13 years and there are VERY few incidents of him actually diving. Maybe 5-10 over his entire career. Compare that to Drogba and Robben who top that figure each season.

Carroll was shite, and he was badly positioned for the goal. Had Kuyt not ducked the ball doesn't get to Carroll because, like the donkey he is, he stood directly behind Kuyt from where the ball was played.
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    FOWLERSHIGHFIVE
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  FOWLERSHIGHFIVE Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:28 pm

Given that by handling the ball he put his country into the world cup semi final I think if you asked any of the england squad they would all do exactly the same!!!!

I don't think carroll will ever be prolific but if can just get his head around trying to cause as much trouble for defenders as he can then he can still be a valuable asset. I think in time though the wide players, Charlie and Stevie will learn exavtly what kind of delivery he likes.

Very impressed with Jese Enrique, we've been crying out for a left back of his quality for years!!!
    The_Axe_Emperor
    The_Axe_Emperor
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  The_Axe_Emperor Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:16 pm

You there Payne? Laughing
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:20 pm

The_Axe_Emperor wrote:You there Payne? Laughing
    Laughing
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:36 pm

I am,wish that Ginger twat wasn't at forest though.

Started off all good,drops those two useless twats greening and reid to the bench and started McGugan and Majewski and we are 1-0 up and the best team for the first half and half of the 2nd,then what does the useless twat of a manager do,he brings on that donkey Greening,for Majewski and takes off our best striker who's been causing Brum the most trouble all game,Miller.
    Then wouldn't you know it,Schtevie's tactical genius shines bright,he makes the changes he thinks will win us the game,and we let in 3 goals in the last 15 mins Mad

The guy is really clueless,I'm just really hoping that the prick makes one sensible decision this week and walks.

These are fucking dark days at the city ground.

Megson and Schtevie Mad ,Forest need a new policy when hiring managers,absolutely zero Gingers will be interviewed.
    Sheldan
    Sheldan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Sheldan Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:55 pm

Steve McClaren has resigned.
    p4pnumber_1
    p4pnumber_1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  p4pnumber_1 Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:58 pm

Sheldan wrote:Steve McClaren has resigned.

Correct decision imo.
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Post  Cowboys From Hell Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Wonder If the Forest board will be begging Billy Davies to return.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:30 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Billy must be laughing his bollox off,I'd have him back in an instant but I can't see that happening.

We'll probably just get someone like Brian Laws or some equally crap replacement in.

Martin O'neil's the manager I've wanted at Forest for years,but really in the state we are in,I don't think he'd touch us,especially since I'm sure O'neil would want a promise of millions to spend and full control over signings.

Well all our previous managers have wanted that too,but we have our fantastic transfer acquisitions panel that soon put a stop to that.

have to admit,I'm a little concerned with Doughty resigning though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 am