THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

Shogun Rua Talks Return In Jan. Or Feb

payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Shogun Rua Talks Return In Jan. Or Feb Empty Shogun Rua Talks Return In Jan. Or Feb

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

http://www.gazetadopovo.com.br/esportes/conteudo.phtml?tl=1&id=1045595&tit=Tenho-muita-lenha-para-queimar

translated

Sitting in a chair in his academy, the Universidade da Luta (UDL) in Curitiba, Mauricio Rua can not hide their anxiety. Facing an octagon, the champion of the Ultimate Fighting Championship meiopesados just watch the training of some of his pupils.

For medical, Shogun - name of the athlete - not allowed to do what they like best. For nearly three months the Parana needed to operate the left knee for the third time, deferring to his 2011 return to the world of fighting.

With a sharp accent Curitiba, the fighter of 28 years told the Gazeta do Povo about his recovery, he analyzed the career and also commented on his personal life. He promised that he still has "a lot of wood to burn at least another seven-year career.

When you believe will defend his belt?

If all continues to go well, my doctor said I could fight again in December. But I have to fight a more comfortable, more relaxed, I prefer to return in January or February. I want to give it time. The UFC is already parceiraço ours, they do not rush, make it comfortable for me to decide.

Even more so now with moral champion ...

(Laughter) I do have a special affection for the UFC, by Lorenzo [Fertitta] by Dana White [owners of the largest mixed martial arts league in the world]. They welcomed me with the utmost comfort in Las Vegas after surgery. I was there five weeks in rehab. Left me free to return whenever I wanted, will not have [dispute] interim belt. From the date that the doctor releases me, I think right things at the time.

Have you ever think of who can be your opponent?

Actually, no. I know you will see a good guy, a top guy. The fight will be difficult. With whom they "married", I "felizão. I will train hard, be against anybody. I'ma fighter, I can not be choosing opponents.

Do you have a name you will have to face?

I desire to fight with Randy Couture, who is an MMA legend, but he is to retire. The Forrest Griffin, who is another top guy of the class, also [Editor's note: Griffin beat Shogun at UFC 76 in 2007].

You fight with Anderson Silva (middleweight champion and also represents Curitiba)?

As I said, Anderson Silva and I were friends long ago. Fight him for sure, but I have no such desire. Fight for professionalism. I'm an employee of Ultimate, and if they want a fight, so if they want I want it too.

What changed in his life after winning the title against Lyoto Machida at UFC 113 in May?

I am very happy. It is a feeling of mission accomplished. It's something longed for since he entered the UFC, and thank God I'm with the belt. Now I must put other goals, pick up other things as motivation. And train hard. Each fight will be seen as the fight of my life. I'll give our best to stop the belt for a long time here in Curitiba.

Today you have success, fame, money. You could imagine that it all through the fight?

I always had dreams of being world champion. But I started the fight because I love what I do. I never thought about making money the way I won. My intention was always to fight because I love fighting. And I think that's why I do it well done. When we love, causes pleasure.

Being better than you expected?

It is difficult to speak. Whenever I tried to be where I am. Always struggled for it, where thinning for it. Sometimes I let my family to devote myself to training. Not that I knew would be here, but struggled and trained hard for it.

Sweat too much ...

Much sweat, blood. Until it's funny that there are people who think we only need to prepare physically and technically. No, we have to prepare psychologically, spiritually. We have to be complete in all areas. And every fight that you now wear much. Not only physical stress is psychological too. It is very stressful to weighing. It is not easy. You have to be focused 100%.

Where will you make your recovery?

Actually I was wondering if Reffer would do in the Sao Paulo FC or thigh, which is my team's heart. But I had several meetings on CT Coritiba and decided to do the same here in Curitiba. I knew the whole structure, doctors, physiologist Raul [Furlani], which is a great professional, I felt very comfortable with them and decided to stay here.

This year you won a special cheerleader, right?

Maria Eduarda is seven months now and it makes me more motivation. I have one more mouth to sustain (laughs). Now I understand why my father and mother were "boring" on concern me, and I agree with them. I am 28 years old and today my mother worries. I'm sure my daughter will worry until I live. When to start dating, take the boyfriend back home I will say to watch my fights, that then we'll talk (laughs).

As is his routine during times of competition?

In the last three months before the fight, I dedicate myself to three things: rest, training and feeding. Agreement, go to the gym, workout, come home, eat and sleep. I split the workouts into three periods: morning, afternoon and evening, and that band I try to feed and rest.

And how is your diet?

I believe a high performance athlete has to eat everything, eat well. And that's what I do. For sure I ingest enough calories (laughs). How much in grill. I like meat, rice, potato chips. Michael Phelps gave an interview as saying that he eats pizza all day. I was happy because I'm not alone.

What remains for the Shogun fighter?

I have to improve a lot yet. Muay Thai, jiu-jitsu, primarily the part of wrestling. If you think I'm fine, stop evolving. I feel accomplished, but I have many dreams to fulfill. Sure I still have a lot of firewood. I believe in fighting over seven years. Minimal.

He keeps calling for a fight with Randy in most of his interviews and whats this bit about,but he's going to retire,a translation mix up or has he just spilled some inside info.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:26 pm