THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

+5
Anfields5thKing
payneNglory1
pinsman
manschesthair_utd
rudeboyben84
9 posters

Nog gets the shot...

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Nog gets the shot... Empty Nog gets the shot...

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Big Nog has been told he is next in line for a title shot and will face the winner of Lesnar vs Carwin which happens at UFC 106.

What do people think does Nog still have a chance? I think Nog could become the new Couture. He could be the guy people think is too old and shot every fight he goes into and will be the underdog as Randy often was.

I think Lesnar beats Carwin because he seems to have every advantage except striking perhaps. I dont see Nog beating the winner. I think Either man will put him on his back and finish him. Nog is worse that he was in his prime as he has slowed down and even in his prime he hadnt faced anyone like Brock....

Im glad he is getting a title shot, If he wins ill be so happy, there isnt a guy id rather see as Hw champ than Nog. If he looses I suppose a rubbermatch with Mir perhaps? Who knows? I wish him all the Luck but bar a Miracle armbar I see him getting put on his back and hammerfisted senceless unfortunatly.

AId be supprised if theres anyone who thinks Nog has a good chance against the winner of this... Unless its Carwin and they both look terrible and gas early or something... Nog seems to think Lesnars Gas tank will be an issue if they fight.
    manschesthair_utd
    manschesthair_utd
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Nog gets the shot... Empty Re: Nog gets the shot...

Post  manschesthair_utd Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Nog/Lesnar could be an awesome fight, If Brock struggled to finish Nog, there is no way he could grapple with him for 25 minutes without getting submitted.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Nog would surely outlast Brock cardio wise. I think anyone carrying that much muscle is going to be breathing heavy after 25mins... Lesnar showed signs of having a limited gas tank in the Couture fight I think...

Nog winning would be a great thing for UFC's heavyweight devision, It really would shake things up because 1 dominant guy on top isnt a good thing. I think people love 205lbs devision because that belt is so hard to hold on to. Id love to see the Hw belt changing hands between a few evenly enough matched fighters.
    pinsman
    pinsman
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  pinsman Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:11 pm

I don't see Nog beating Lesnar, Lesnar as i've said on other forums is pritty much unbeatable in the UFC HW division at the moment... he just imposes himself on opponents and no one can seem to handle it. I agree with you rudeboy it's no good to see one person dominating. Lets hope Carwin gets a lucky punch =D
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:56 pm

Nog is a hard battle for any Heavyweight fighter in the world,
    Anybody with a ground game as solid as Nogs only needs one chance to capitilise on a mistake and with the fact that we no Nog can take alot of damage to find those oppotunities Brock had better finish it early or fight the smartest fight he has fought yet(obviously if it is Brock he faces)

I still think Brock would win but just the fact that Brock is so green in some areas of the sport, makes it so interesting if he does come up against somebody like Nog who knows the sport inside out and could probably set Brock up for something that he would not notice untill it was to late.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:59 am

That's a fight Lesnar needs to keep standing. If it goes to the ground Nog will cause him all sorts of problems. There is no1 more durable in MMA. Forget the Mir fight. Mir fought a sick man who shouldn't have been in the cage. Lesnar will be in trouble if that fight goes to the ground and Nog is conscious.
    hendos_right_hook
    hendos_right_hook
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  hendos_right_hook Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:19 pm

I can only see Nog winning in a similar situation to Lesnar/Mir 1, with Lesnar making some sort of mistake which a fighter like Nog will pounce on.

I'd put a bet on this ending in the first 3 rounds.
    Ginginho
    Ginginho
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Ginginho Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:53 pm

I'll go out on a limb and say Nog wins - I am hoping that quality will be victorious over quantity!!

Can't stand Lesnar and I don't think he will be as dominant as say GSP and Silva are in their weight classes. I hope Carwin knocks him out first
    redmeanie77
    redmeanie77
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  redmeanie77 Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:15 pm

Ben is this offical or what? Cos im hearing that Nog will fight my fav HW Gonzaga at 107 for the title shot Cool

I hope its true because i think that Gonzaga can definatly pull of the upset and beat Nog.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 am

Gonzaga is a poor fighter who has no business being in a cage with someone like Nog. Only time in his career he's faced a top fighter in good form he got absolutely smashed. That was by Randy Couture who just got comprehensively beaten by Nog.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:33 pm

I don't think Gonzaga has much of a chance in beating Nog.

He has already been easily beaten twice by a poorer version of Nog in Werdum,so I can't see him standing much of a chance against the best of the best BJJ heavyweights.
    Everything Gabe is good at Nog is just alot better(exept maybe for a Cro-Cop head crushing high kick).
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:45 pm

I watched the CroCop - Gonzaga fight recently and to be honest, that headkick was really sloppy and Mirko walked into it. Because Mirko always circles to his left and is left handed, he leaves himself open and blind to right footed kicks. Very few other fighters would have been caught with that kick.
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Moose Stuff For Money...
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Moose Stuff For Money... Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Werdum has beat Gonzaga twice and Randy schooled him. I can't see him beating Nog.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:35 pm