THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC?

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC? Empty Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC?

Post  rudeboyben84 Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:34 pm

Is Condit fighting GSP for sure? Anyone know when GSP is back?

I think its a real bad thing is Condit is going to sit on that interim title because I dont think he has done any more than Ellenberger did before the Kampmann loss, Kampmann after this weekend or Hendricks has.

If GSP isnt ready to go soon id like to see him defend that interim belt and not clog up a devision with 3 legit contenders even without Diaz.

I reckon its most likely Hendricks will fight Kampmann next, Condit will wait for the Shot at GSP.

Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC? Empty Re: Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC?

Post  Cowboys From Hell Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah he is Ben in October or November I'll be honest I don't blame Condit for waiting for such a huge fight with GSP but I'm pissed he is holding up the division It's someting I never expected of Condit.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC? Empty Re: Who gets what title shot at Ww in the UFC?

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:29 am

Ellenberger lost to Kampmann after winning 6 fights in a row.

Kampmann suffered two controversial losses to Sanchez and Shields.

Fitch suffered a shock loss to Hendricks after Hendricks suffered a shock lost to Story.

It's not hard to see why Condit is doing what he is doing, the WW division is one of the most unpredictable in MMA. A lot of good fighters means it's hard to keep a streak going and Condit clearly doesn't want to lose this opportunity because it might be the only one he gets.

I agree with you Ben, I think the match that needed to be made was Ellenberger vs Condit II because their first fight was so close and I don't think Condit won at all. He also still has that loss to Kampmann. That's not to say Condit didn't earn his shot but still.

I think Hendricks should fight Kampmann and if GSP still isn't ready then the winner should fight Condit.

All irrelevent though because not one of them is beating GSP Twisted Evil
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:35 pm

I still think there should be a maximum time you can sit on a belt for injured or not. If GSP cannot defend there should be a fight for the vacant title with GSP getting the first shot when he's fit.It bugs me that somebody can sit on the shelf for so long and keep the belt.
    Mryzyz
    Mryzyz
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Mryzyz Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Kampmann vs Hendricks for the interim-interim belt
    1972-casual
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Post  1972-casual Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 am

GSP never fights again and therefore there can be no other WW champion. All the other WW's just fight each other but can never be champ!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am