THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot.

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot. Empty UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot.

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Weidman get his Title shot then. The rest of the devision has fallen to ruin, Chael is gone for now anyway. Lombard and Bisping where the guys who hadnt had their fight and that isnt happening soon.

Belfort vs Rockhold is the number 1 contenders fight assuming Anderson wins.

Okami is in the Rich Franklin boat, even if he is on top of the pile no one wants to see that rematch soon. Racare vs Philippou winner is right up there for the shot Id say Okami should look for a fight with the winner of that or Cung Le if he would take the fight.

With a long lay off and not havnt shown me much to think he could do a better Job at Wrestleboxing Anderson than Chael I dont see this being his night though being on the right side of 30 still theres a good chance he is going to hold the title one day.

Anyone fancy him to be the man to upset Anderson? He has to start looking old some day! Laughing

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot. Empty Re: UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot.

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Thiago Silva vs Feijao for this card! Im excited for that one. Feijao could be great, he really still could get his way to that title shot in UFC. Hendo and Kyle Knocked him out, that can happen to anyone apart from a DQ no one else has beat him.

Guy is only 31 which is younger than a lot of the 205ers at the top now and he hasnt had a fight go the distance. Im really excited for his debut but I hope he has got back into shape because I saw he let himself go between fights and the guy used to be a heavy.

No matter how bad he comes across or what he gets caught doing Ill always like T.Silva in the UFC, great gatekeepter and an entertaining fighter. Look forward to this one. Fingers crossed they both piss clean too!
    Cowboys From Hell
    Cowboys From Hell
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Location : Dismantling the Sir Audley Harrison War Wagon, (With tears in my eyes) ***Now Back In Business !***

UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot. Empty Re: UFC 162 July 6th Weidman gets his shot.

Post  Cowboys From Hell Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Honestly I think Weidman can beat Anderson he's certainly a smarter fighter than Sonnen the man is very savvy and will eventually rule MW but I think this might be a little soon and the lay off might be a key factor in the fight. Unlike Sonnen I feel Chris will be looking for subs and be less predictable If he gets Anderson down TBH I would not be surprised If he finishes Anderson.

If I was to make a prediction now I might just favor Anderson you can't buy experience and Anderson has a lot more than Chris and should be able to find a way to win.

This card and 161 looks incredible so far......Please MMA Gods do not take these fights away from us Laughing
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:43 pm

Weidman has great elbows, connecting with them when he hooks on a single collar or backs Anderson into the cage would be Ideal. Get Anderson bust up and Hurt as early as possible. On the ground too, he will have to be carefull though, Anderson throws up subs and has one of the lest talked about groundgames for the guys he has subbed. Dont see him getting Subbed though its not impossible, Weidman doing as much damage with Elbows and keeping the fight high paced at all times might be the way to go.

Anderson is like a 200lbs Aldo though, those KO's can come from anywhere. Both really do the Attack of 8 limbs nickname for Muay Thai justice. I could see Weidman chaning level trying not to move in too stationary and getting clipped with a knee, front kick or straight and lights out.
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Once Mohawked Pete
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  Once Mohawked Pete Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:08 pm

I could see Weidman winning this, although I would be a lot happier, if he didn't have the lay-off to contend with. I can understand your point Ben, and Silva is ridiculously dangerous, pretty much anywhere. I just see Weidman copying the Sonnen strategy and grinding out a UD.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Silva has to loose some time, As great as he is at his age he will just look old one day and everyone will say he is done. Its not going to be soome faster striker that out Anderson Silvas him. Weidman is the type of figther that will hand him a loss. Dont see it as unthinkable but other than the Munoz fight there hasnt been any moment that I though Weidman is going to the top.

He really has 2 good wins and one was a SD to a Ww... Its too early for me to think he is ready to beat Anderson in his 10th fight.

Ill be 1st to admit I was wrong about Cain, people called him good and early as great and I didnt see it, maby Im missing something with Weidman too.

I cant wait to see him fight Rockhold, Belfort, Jacare etc.. down the line. Some cracking new fights at Mw. Some great fights for him even if he doesnt win.
    sunthunder
    sunthunder
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  sunthunder Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Not sure if Weidman quite has it in him to beat Silva now, but one thing I will say about Weidman is that he's the kind of natural talent that will be substantially better every time he fights at this stage in his career, which makes this fight hard to guage.

I do think the running of the middleweight division post-Silva will be between Weidman and Okami though.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Chael, Mousasi or Machida... 3 future possible 185lbs Champs, If Anderson retures in a couple of years these guys will move down. All id pick over Okami. Still dont like the guy! Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:56 am