THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

3 posters

Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida!

rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida! Empty Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida!

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 am

UFC 119

Was suppose to have Number 2 Lhw Mahcida fighting number 4 Lhw Rampage

and Number 3 Lhw Evans fighting Number 5 Lhw Nog!!!

Number 2,3,4,5 fighting each other on the same card would have been awsome.

Rampage turned down Machida wanting Nog insted... Shame that istn going ahead id have loved to see that happen, I called it before as they are both good boxers and ranked becide each other. No Word why he DUCKED Machida again. But he did it before didnt he? At least there was talk of him ducking Machida.

Evans has his title shot so fair play. He doesnt want to loose his Shot by getting beat along the way and that understandable but Evans has now turned down Nog and Couture....

I loose respect for guys like that.

You could tell Wanderlei that he is fighting Carwin and Lesnar in a handicap match and id take a bet that he wouldnt turn it down.
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida! Empty Re: Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida!

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 am

Can understand Rampage and Machida ducking Machida, he'd school both. He's a horrible match-up for either of them.

Not sure why Evans would duck Nog though. It's a very winnable fight for him.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida! Empty Re: Rampage and Evans Ducked Nog and Machida!

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:42 am

Evans would get himself KO'd by Nog, and I think with the height and length Evans would have trouble GnP'ing Nog. Nog was terrible in his last fight but I put it down as a blip. Lil Nog is form can beat anyone at 205 IMO. I think Evans should go to 185 if this shot at Shogun doesnt work out for him.

But Machida vs Rampage would have been a pleasure to watch, could a figher win without talking a strike? we would find out in this one! Laughing
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:49 am

I think Evans would beat Nog easily. His wrestling is top level and he could fight Nog the same way he fought Rampage. Nog's takedown defence has never been great and he struggles against speed.

I agree Evans should go to 185 though. I think he could beat Silva with his wrestling and speed.

Machida-Rampage could go 5 rounds and i don't think Page would land a strike.
    rudeboyben84
    rudeboyben84
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  rudeboyben84 Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:00 am

"Machida-Rampage could go 5 rounds and i don't think Page would land a strike."

You could see Rampage pulling out a Toney tradmark the "Check side leg kick"

I think Evans beating Nog is more likely than Rampage beating Nog or Rampage or Evans beating Machida allright... thought I would put my money on Nog. He has more KO power than Machida and Liddell didnt have a hard time landing on Evans. Evans is in great form and all but I still think he is the guy who drew with Bisping sometimes! Laughing
    KalDog
    KalDog
    Featherweight
    Featherweight

Post  KalDog Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

Anfields5thKing wrote:I think Evans would beat Nog easily. His wrestling is top level and he could fight Nog the same way he fought Rampage. Nog's takedown defence has never been great and he struggles against speed.

I agree Evans should go to 185 though. I think he could beat Silva with his wrestling and speed.

Machida-Rampage could go 5 rounds and i don't think Page would land a strike.

His wrestling isn't top level at all, it's good and he took thiago down and did what? Nothing!!! Thiago stood up with ease. If he took diet Nog down he will get subbed and if nog clips him it's back to ol' shaky legs rashad
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:40 am

He took Rampage down and kept him down. Then let him up and took him down again.

He did the same against Silva. Took him down, controlled, let him back up and took down again.

Nog is not subbing anyone with good top control. Evans has great top control.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:46 pm