THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

5 posters

Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September

elmatadorafa
    Bantamweight
    Bantamweight

Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September Empty Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September

Post  elmatadorafa Mon May 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Lyoto Machida just got a call i will fight rampage in september because griffin will still not be ready yet. I am confident with this fight.

From his facebook account. Good fight this.

Hopefully Rampage will be better now hes gotten the ring rust out of the way. This fight is easy to analyse, if Machida does his thing he will be too quick for Rampage and win UD, if Rampage connects Machida is going down.

I think it will be very good fight, with no wall n stall.
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September Empty Re: Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September

Post  payneNglory1 Mon May 31, 2010 11:42 pm

even though I'm pretty confident Machida will pick Rampage apart,but how can you not still be excited about this fight. cheers
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September Empty Re: Machida: Im fighting Rampage in September

Post  Shanemc Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 am

Machida wins this by just being much faster than Rampage and have a better array of strikes with his kicks and knees. Rampage needs to try get this fight to the ground i think he will get easily picked apart on the feet by Machida
    Anfields5thKing
    Anfields5thKing
    Light Heavyweight
    Light Heavyweight

Post  Anfields5thKing Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:18 am

Machida wins this fight on the feet and on the ground. He's just a much better fighter than Rampage. Easy win for Machida IMO.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Not really the next fight I wanted to see for either of them TBH. Machida will do what Evans did on the feet but 4 5 times more effectivley with the knees and kicks. This is a really tough fight for Rampage, he should have taken Griffin. It's a better fight than any for him.

Rampage really has one chance. One punch KO, he does have the power to put Machida away but not really the speed. I don't think his ego will allow him to take it to the ground but that would be his best option. Machida is a BB but largely he has been untested fighting off his back, maybe Rampage could control him on the ground but then again Machida has very good takedown defence. And any time he has been taken down, he has got straight back up. Lastly if Rampage wants to have a better chance of winning, he needs to change training camps.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:02 pm