THE ARMBAR

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Armbar is a virtual meeting ground for all MMA fans to log on, read up and discuss all the latest MMA news

4 posters

First TUF 10 episode (spoilers)

ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

First TUF 10 episode (spoilers) Empty First TUF 10 episode (spoilers)

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:17 pm

An intesting start that tells me a few things straight away. Rampage is a very shitty coach, Abe Wagner sucks and Mazaghatti continues to push for the (dis)Honur of being the worst ref in MMA history. The feud between Rampage and Rashad is fun to watch and they already look like they are pissing each other off.

I don't like Roy Nelson but I was suprised he was picked so late, 9th I think. I think this is because Rashad is loyal to his guys and Rampage can't coach. Daril Shoochever was also picked too late for me. I don't like how those two look, as Rampage said they both have "titties" but both are good fighters and I think those are likely finalists. Both first picks are disgraces, James McSweeney (Rashad's pick) is 3-4 and Kimbo isn't exactly amazing at MMA is he? Wes Sims shows us all why we dislike him more than Sylvia. I have to admit I laughed when Rampage was messing with Zac Jensen, the last pick. He was like "ill take..the camera man Laughing"

So he then picks the first fight and choses a terrible match-up. A guy with no wrestling against an excellent wrestler. Abe Wagner looks like a big, mean scary guy but he is just an accountant or whatever who can't stop takedowns. Got to say, it was kind of a dick move from Joe Madsen to fake a touch of gloves then shoot and take Abe down, especially since it was so easy for him anyway.

Now all of us are used to seeing blood and cuts ect but first time viewers (and im sure there were a few) are not so that fight probably didn't leave a good impression for some of them. Credit to Abe for continuing but that cut was disgusting to look at, you could see his skull. The fight was the bloodiest on TUF since season 4 with Edwin Dewees but the cut was worse and I really think that Mazaghatti and/or the doctors should have stopped that, and its not like it was a close fight at that stage anyway. I had it 20-17 but I could see how it was 20-16 since Abe had no offence and Jon should have finished.

That was episode one, a nice little start but the rest of the season looks so much better, looking forward to it.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

First TUF 10 episode (spoilers) Empty Re: First TUF 10 episode (spoilers)

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:19 pm

Here is a good recap of the show if you weren't satisfied by mine Very Happy

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/reports/116470
    payneNglory1
    payneNglory1
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  payneNglory1 Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 am

I think Rashads team will win this after watching Rampages picks,I mean I have nothing against Kimbo and actually hope he does ok as he seemed to want to prove himself and he looked like a team player the way he was helping his teammates but first pick,come off it.

I thought like most others that Nelson would be a first pick but watching Rampage with him it seemed to me that Rampage didn't even know who he was and as for Rashad he just seemed to want to make sure he got all of his teammates picked first.

Rampage seemed to base his picks on size alone (not belly size)and nothing to do with how skilled they were but I did like the differant ways that Rampage and Rashad wanted to have a look at the fighters,Rashad had them doing differant excersises and bag work,then what was it Rampage said something along the lines of "bags don't hit back,I want to see them hit each other"so he throws them straight into a sparring session.

The fight was dull,(I suppose after watching the fights on UFN beforehand,most fights would of seemed dull)your typical one dimensional wrestler just totally controlling a big guy with zero ground game even though pre fight he was banging on about how he has a solid JJ game.
    That cut was nasty.I didn't realise how bad it was untill it was over,I know there was alot of blood but it looked like someone had hit him in the head with a hatchet.

I'm sure it's going to be a good season though.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:26 am

Plus Rashad had mr Greg Jackson with him, and aside from one or two shitty picks they all looked good, he was rating them out of 10. Rashad just picked on size by the looks of it and with very beatable guys like Marcus Jones, Kimbo and Wes Sims on his team, things don't look good. I also hope Kimbo does reasonably well, as long as he works his TD defence he should win at least once. Can't see him winning the whole show but he should do ok.
    Shanemc
    Shanemc
    Welterweight
    Welterweight

Post  Shanemc Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:18 pm

i hope madsen loses bad in his next fight pretending to touch gloves then shoots the takedown dickhead looking forward to the rest of this season rampage is the worst coach ever
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:49 pm

I know, it was a real dick move. Funny how rampage was like touch your glove in his face or something. Still, he is a god awful coach.
    Paddyjock
    Paddyjock
    Lightweight
    Lightweight

Post  Paddyjock Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 pm

I think Rashad will win this series easily due to 2 main reasons:

1. He picked the better fighter
    2. Even if one of his fighters is the underdog, with Greg Jackson coaching the strategy to overcome those weaknesses will be far better than what Team Rampage comes up with.

That was one hell of a cut which will definitely rsome plastic surgery. Nasty!!

I really want to see some of the big guns fight - massive build up and then 2 nobodies face off in an extremelt one sided contest. I mean UD 20-16 in a 2 round fight. I don't know who to be more embarrased for? A guy getting beaten that badly or the other guy for not finishing a guy is was so clearly dominating.
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    ChelseaQuinsfan
    Middleweight
    Middleweight

Post  ChelseaQuinsfan Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:38 am

I have to say Abe Wagner has the worst wrestling ive ever seen, it was a complete disgrace. Me a FW or LW at a push could have defended those takedows better than him. This guy is going to go down in TUF history as being one of the jokes, think Andy Wang, Marlon Simms, Jules Bruchez, Wayne Weems and ofcoarse Ross "the Gladiator" Pointon Laughing

Paddy I think the reason they haven't shown the big guns yet is so they can build the tension and to convince people to continue or for the first time watch the show. Im guessing Kimbo will be the last first round fight.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 am